Icestorm

PLase GGG reconsider this max 5 storms, the build has already a low clear speed and now low dmg to boss AND if we want to stay alive we need to stop doing damage to move but with 5 storm it just move away from the target and if the boss moves then its some seconds to just start doing damage again
Now with Maven we need to fight bosses targeting us from everywhere but we need to stay CLOSE to only one boss to manage to hit while trying to survive from everyone else. This is nuts.
We need more than 5 max storms. Whispering ice should be an iconic piece to an end game build and having the storms nerfed has left us without the ability to take out stationary bosses!
🐢
Please GGG increase the limit on this skill. It's a really fun build to play but since the limit was implemented it's been very difficult to play against especially bosses.
hey :)

the moment i started this game i got hooked by this build it was so much fun i played this league every season to the end of it

then you limit the storms to 5 i still satrted with this build but it not nearly the same,the wave clear is pretty bad even if u invest a lot of currnecy into this build its not good enuf now compared to other builds who waste 10% of what you waste and got x2 the wave clear and the dmg

so i had to swap to other builds so i can clear maps and do things with 10% the invesment

i think you should consider raising the cap of the storms by a lil bit and maybe making them have a cap in the same spot /cap the amount of relaping storms

so when u do maps u can actully move while spining and not move wait for them to die and spin again so u dont cancel the other storms

ty :)

ps.i am trying the build again this league so far its nice but again friend with 10% of my invest do x2 my dmg and clear x2 faster :s
Playing a Wispering Ice build, lvl 91 with almost 2k int. Clear speed is kinda OK, but boss is pathetic, I'm abandoning the build as soon as I get enough currency to change, every single boss takes minutes to die; I'd say it's by far not an end-game skill
Playing whispering ice from synthesis league...
Plz remove 5 icestorm cap...our boss dmg with it so pathetic :/
Or just revert changes and disable or remove come visual effects from it so it not lags etc if its problem)
+1 here, have played this build for a long time, and there are just not enough storms.. if you dont want to add mroe due to server load or whatnot, then give it the firestorm treatment with a serious buff to initial hit damage
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Well, you decided to buff a bit normal Firestorm on this leage.

Could we get something similar on Icestorm? Considering that it is in an even worse state.

The storm cap is such an unacceptable limit on a skill that naturally increases its duration.
Hello. I've played Whispering Ice builds since I started PoE in Metamorph. I have been following Kelvynn's build variant as famous here in the forum. I stopped playing after the skill was gutted in 3.12 but I keep coming back testing some new idea now and then. Most recently I have tested a selfcasting archmage Hierophant that had a very decent amount of stats. Unfortunately I found this one and all other tests falling short of expectations every single time simply because:

"
1. The time of initial impact from casting takes way too long. Even if you invest into cast speed you always have to wait for the iceshards to fall down - this animation speed cannot be changed and doesn't matter whether you selfcast or trigger the skill. This is a huge factor for clearing and bossing. Compare to other skills that do hit way faster after being cast. Even before the change the time of initial impact was not that great, but it was something you could work around. The iceshards need to appear AND impact a lot quicker from initial casting.
2. The storm limit is too low. Probably thought of as solving performance issues and that the "balance changes" to the base damage was fine and just. In reality you messed up. Skill effect duration effectively no longer is relevant at all unless you cast the skill once or twice and then stop playing - but then you are still dealing less damage and not hitting anything because of the tiny few shards coming out. This is because you very easily reach the 5 concurrent storms without expiring the 1st storm duration. You only need a couple hundreds of Intelligence - not even skill effect duration even on a slow selfcasting build would face the issue of failing to maintain 5 concurrent storms. Raise the cap or fix the skill is some interesting new way that actually works out.

These are the 2 main things that must be addressed if this item is going to be viable to use again. Because right now it is just too weak. I recently checked how many of the top builds on poe.ninja was playing Whispering Ice and compared with old data from Delirium league up until now. There haven't been as few players using Whispering Ice as there is now... Now there even is a "top" build the only uses the staff for its stats and instead ANOTHER SKILL - armageddon brand/cremation archmage... This is just another example of how weak the actual skill itself has become.

It is weak because to even get a respectable amount of damage, you forgo a lot of defenses. The most suitable way to build your defenses now is ES leech - which just isn't very safe if you can't reliably hit your target. Right now channelling via Cyclone is probably the smoothest way to play, as before. I would however welcome some changes to how the skill can interact with other ascendancies/supports/skill gem combinations to buff the self-casting of Icestorm. Right now it is just way too clunky for anything but Cyclone channelling and this in my opinion is unfortunate. Cyclone limits the way you have to play - if we can have viable selfcasting builds with Icestorm that would open up a lot more variation - and hopefully introducing more tankiness/skill gap along with a more reliable way to have damage upkeep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info