[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

I would take a look at either ininerate or totem incinerate using iron will, you pass by a lot of nodes and incinerate is so op that it will melt stuff without a lot of investment. To start just use a flame totem alongside incinerate etc.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 30, 2015, 10:52:45 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
I would take a look at either ininerate or totem incinerate using iron will, you pass by a lot of nodes and incinerate is so op that it will melt stuff without a lot of investment. To start just use a flame totem alongside incinerate etc.

hmm . .thanks bro,imma try incinerate ,totem then ..
Anyone who has done Uber with this build still active in this thread?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
Anyone who has done Uber with this build still active in this thread?

Yes.
Gear

So I'm currently level 86 and just blasting away pretty much all maps regardless of mods and tier levels except for tier 13+ maps as I don't have any of those yet. Great build, really appreciate all the help I got from this thread. Will probably attempt Uber some day as I get better gear, maxed gems, higher levels, and more life (only at 4k hp right now).
Last edited by Mistletoes on Nov 7, 2015, 10:20:32 PM
Hi,

My name is Sufen. After several practice runs in regular Atziri, I decided to try Uber last weekend. I was very nervous worrying that I might be wasting those expensive mortal sets. It turned out, surprisingly, all 4 were successful. Most interestingly, the 4th run was done with my 2nd char, a level 86 witch, who has only 3900 life. Here to share my experience.

1st attempt: 4 deaths. 1 from vaal smash. 3 from double flameblast. (SGW's build needs to get more movement speed to run away from flameblasts. Decided to add 5% movement speed to my belt after this lesson; and also took 3% move speed in tree from Precision.)

2nd attempt: 1 death from trash hammer. Not sure why. Maybe the hit had a crit. (Need more armor. Decided to changed auras to Grace + Determ + PoF after this lesson.)

3rd attempt: 0 death. So happy to reach my goal. With good move speed and 100K armor, this run was very smooth. :)

4th attempt: Switched to my level 86 char. Put the same gears on her. Life dropped from 5000 to 3900. Also, lost lots of armor. APS dropped down from 6.0 to 5.8. Chance to hit stayed unchanged at 88%. Had only 5 endurance and 4 power charges (rather than 6 and 5). The run is just to see if she could make it through or not. And, she did it! 5 deaths. 1 from vaal smash. 2 from trash hammers. 1 from Uber's flameblast or lightning storm, not sure. 1 from double flameblast.

My main char is a level 97 witch with 5000 life, which "roughly" follows SGW's guide. Credits to him. My gem setup however is quite different from SGW's. I practiced in regular Atziri with a level 9 Discharge and an IIQ gem in Mjolner to similate the larger amount of mob lives in Uber. With each practice run, I improved my (gem and gear) setup based on the lesson learned. In the end, these are what I settled with:

* Used Grace, Determination and PoF -- Used the 3 auras all the way to Uber's door. Replace Determination with PoL before entering Uber's room. This setup gives me 100K armor which allows my char to take 1 hammer blow from trash WITHOUT popping any flasks. It gave me a good safety margin so that I can make stupid mistake and still not die.
* Used Ball Lightning rather than Arc -- This provides much more consistent flask recharge (credit to Krux in a different thread). When you are out of flasks, you are dead.
* Used Chaos Golem in CWDT -- This provides extra defense (credit to Vivire in a different thread). With Golem in front of me, I can almost leave my char to a few Thunder/chaos mobs and go AFK. It's important to use Chaos Golem. He saves your life.
* Got rid of my +1 Magnate belt -- Used a belt with lots of life, strength, resistances. Added movement speed to it using Master. You lose 1 endurance charge to gain all those nice mods. It is worth it. I sold my +1 Magnate. 6 endurance and 5 power charges give you tons of damage already. You don't really need the "7" and 5 as specified by SGW.

Note you will need Enlighten 4 and Efficiency jewel to run the 3 auras of 50% 50% and 35% reserves. You also need 2 Devoto's, a RRBG and a BBRG, to change aura from Determ to PoL.

Hope this note helps you beat Uber. Have fun.

Sufen
@Sufen Congrats on the kills and thanks for your input. I'm currently using Tempest Shield and Molten Shell with CWDT and I might replace the Molten Shell with a Chaos Golem instead. Interesting to see Ball Lightning instead of Arc, might tinker around with that for both Atziri and maps in general. Was the Ball Lightning in only for Uber, or do you also use it for maps too?
Considering you can't shock atziri ball lightning would give you move stacks with just a second hit.

And determination should be giving way more armor than grace with flasks up, since it's a more multiplier.

Also tempest shield really sucks. It give 5% spell block on a legacy saffel's. That's what your near immune resists are for.
Whats the main difference between this build and the armor version from this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1318464

Im looking for my first Mjolner build and I dont know what to pick :(
--
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕗᕙ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ IGN Exoj ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕙᕗ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Last edited by Shacheh on Jan 5, 2016, 4:36:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info