[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

"
"
illmtk wrote:
Oh look two baddies saying its not uber viable because they thought hurp durp hold right click andbfacetank arguably the hardest content would work. Can't say I'm surprised since I've seen a Ferrari being wasted on Paris Hilton. It's not uber viable then that means the othe r rainbownuke threads with the same gear aren't uber viable. Oh wait Viviere has a video showcasing it, and I don't even think Viviere even uses IR and grace. LOL

And you so salty and personal. Fine, we're baddies. What are you? Highest level character 88 only plays standard. This build claims to be able to handle Trio, I have the exact same stats yet a single attack from titty/duelstriker one shots me. With pots & endurance charges and fortify up. That's not me making a mistake, that's me following the build to the letter and it failing.

And yet all the other rainbownuke threads showcase the fight and successfully doing it. Atziri isn't a gear check. You clearly don't have the skills to do uber. I suggest donating your gear.

[Edited by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Aug 1, 2015, 6:14:41 AM
You need to practice man. Also you have a 5 link with unleveled gems no quality. Just brush up on your gear and try again.
"
BradKTA wrote:
How are you able to remain int capped with that gear? I feel as if I'm missing something. Do you have int on two jewels or something? I'd like to get high armor gloves if possible and just ignore getting int on gloves, but I may have to stick with crappy hybrid gloves. I'm 66 int short without gloves/a ring on. But like I said, that's impossible to get if I want high armor gloves since it forces me to get hybrid ones... Not sure how you manage to cap. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Hey Brad, I looked at your tree and I noticed you took the templar accuracy nodes instead of the marauder accuracy nodes (at their respective starts). By taking the marauder nodes I gained 20 int and lost 6% attack speed, combined with t1 int on ring I effectively freed up one suffix in my gear setup for 6% IAS which was one of the optimizations I did.

"
Rec73 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfI1kngN2L3AGqlubztYrzboRmkB54ZgpzAUTWFSn8uezfxL707SIbyfhtFeE_JBVw0YkScLQKCS0IIH2WGWbPGsg7Z670a3IWAS4dl8rY2RzikuBS3Tb3Txz358uHTtKaV2rBo-6hhfP_cy9kgUIHKpjM_vDqyqPfxQR1nzWGOfPho4cg8t0pBVZp4nL_rSFm8dFBcv42qOZI9GZOf3ppuhVda2-vfXgKSsmDpYVcaD2wQHTLPQHyBurrNFfu_rUDBBlg5cBULQ9Wr6LJz-j03jplf-CvJFOuE=

Thoughts on this version of the tree?

http://poedb.tw/us/skilltree.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathofexile.com%2Fpassive-skill-tree%2FAAAAAwAAvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfJ4DcAaqW5vO1ivNuhGaQHnhmCnMBRNYVKfy57N_EvvTtIhvJ-G0V4T8kFXDRiRJwtAoJLQggfZYZZs8ayDtnrvRrchYBLh2XytjZHOKS4FLdNvdPHPfny4dO0ppXasGj7qGF8_9zL2SBQgcqmMz-8OrKo9_FBHWfNYY58-GjhyDy3SkFVmnicv-tIWbx0UFy_jao5kj0Zk5_emm6FV1rb699eApKyYOlhVxoPbBAdMs9AfIG6us0V-7-tQMEGWDlwFQtD1avosnDWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4K2L1ybGxGMgk%3D&url2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathofexile.com%2Ffullscreen-passive-skill-tree%2FAAAAAwABAecEBwSzBS0FQg5cES0S4RQgFE0VUBZvFy8YVhhdGJEaOBo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCycvKPopLimlLJwt0jLRNug6WD38QKBBlkVHRX5GaUa3TLNQMFBHVcZV1lcNWGNZ814TXz9hUmTnZp5odGjyavpyD3KpdO108Xaseu98g3y4gKSCB4LHg7aD24ZghtGMz45kjxqPRpBVkc6S0JSglmyezZ8-n8uiAKcIpzCsqq2NrfGus7b6uJO8n8Bmz37QH9D10iHTb9hN2WHZfNpi42rqGOvu7w7vTu_r8B_xrPJB9kj3Mvem-ej60vxL

Here's the comparison

Solid tree imo, efficient pathing and I like how you don't take art of the gladiator cluster. You'll probably need to grab Versatility by marauder start for accuracy, which will also help solve your stat problems. A bit lacking in damage but will do fine with decent jewels.

"
Kollita wrote:
Here this is my gear.... lol haven't try Uber before with these gears.

Spoiler

My flasks
Spoiler

My offence stats with Blood rage
Spoiler

My Def Stat with Flasks up
Spoiler

Am I able to fight Uber now ? lol

Your gears are ready for uber, I'd recommend swapping alpha's out for devoto's because it's just too good. Be sure to review my uber guide so you know exactly what to do at trio since a lot of people have been having problems with it lately.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
raulkpwn1 wrote:
my budget for this build is 47 exalted, is this enough?, having boots, helmet, and globes.

47 exalt isn't enough to make this build works. The minimum budget of this build is around 65 ex. Which breaks down to (STD price)

Voll's Devotion 23ex
30% Mjolner 33 ex
5L kings 2 ex
Devoto's 1 ex
Romira's 2 ex
Misc (clean magnate, 4% saffells, rares, chromes, etc..) 4ex, at most?

"
trulir wrote:
sgw9426 you know they changed the effectiveness of curses on map bosses to an undisclosed amount (my guess is .3 since they made no mention of changing act boss effectiveness). Still IW is better if your math is correct but the gap is smaller that said I'd have to check with someone if your math is correct.

Hi, my calculations for IW were done with curse effectiveness in mind (0.4 for map bosses, 0.3 act boss). IW is an overall better choice since this build is meant to excel in endgame maps and not just uber atziri.
"
This build is not uber viable. I have mirrored the build and I am totally unable to facetank Trio even in the slightest. You have 86% physical damage reduction with Jade and Granite up, I have 85%. 60K armour you, 59K me. Yet I am being 1 shot by trio. (Titty/Dual striker). The only way this is going to be viable is with IC.

Hi, looked at your tree and gears a bit. First off I think you should mirror my build on a templar, marauder, witch or a scion. Shadow is not an efficient start for this build and you waste too many points on things you don't need.

Next I noticed your mjolner is 30%. I'm currently working towards doing uber atziri with a 30% mjoler (need to find one first) but it's not something I recommend trying without being fully prepared. You will also probably need 6L kings. I think it's doable with a 5L but I personally don't have the skills to do it. Last but not least, I notice your IC is not linked to CWDT, which might help you survive against the trio's physical damage output, maybe just a little, maybe.

"
This Build is not Über Viable. Through the Damage Buff on Über Atziri the Trio Titty Bitch is 1 Shotting 5k HP and 59k Armour (by flasks up).

I can't find your mjolner character from your profile so I can't give you suggestions based on your gears and passive tree. Are you perhaps associated with the guy who posted right before you, also with 59k armour?

-----

I appreciate everyone supporting and defending my build :) but the truth is this is a build meant for average skill players (like me) to farm uber safely. I get around 15-20 fps on average during the trio fight, and I'm really just an average player who dies a lot even with this build and has never made it past A2C in HC, but I have done deathless uber on this build, in 2.0.

You may have seen others' 2.0 uber videos (Viviere's comes to mind) and noticed the amount of experience and sheer mechanical skills they showed. Sadly, I'm not skilled nor experienced (Only been playing for around 5-6 months), and that's why I base my entire uber strategy around pure facetanking and flask spamming. The end goal for this build is to turn every challenge in this game into a gear check, be it 82 Kaom, Daresso, or Uber Atziri. And I just happened to choose uber atziri to optimize for because it's a popular boss and I think uber is a good milestone to shoot for for any true endgame build in PoE.

Now, onto uber. Most people messaging me are having problems with the trio fight. I will once again ask you to thoroughly read my uber atziri strategy because I wrote down the only method (that I know of) to turn the trio fight into a gear&stat check. If you follow my trio strategy exactly I assure you you'll find the trio fight almost as easy as when we all had perma IC. Off of the top of my head, I have 2 trio tips.

1. Don't be afraid to reposition and reset the fight if something goes wrong. If the cycloner spins when you engage, disengage and reposition instead of fighting in chaos damage. If the miscreation tries to lead you into black degen pool, drop of the fight and circle. If you accidentally cursed the dualstriker along with the miscreation after cycloner dies, disengage, circle for a few secs to tick down curse duration, find a window to curse the miscreation and engage again. You run REALLY fast which helps a lot.

2. DO NOT stand in the black pool of degen. Disengage, kite a bit, run a few laps around the pillars if you have to but the degen will kill you if you fight in it.

I don't mind the "this build is not uber viable" comments. In fact, I encourage it with the condition that you tell us exactly what went wrong with your uber runs so we can help you figure it out. Uber is not supposed to be hard after all.
Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel:

"Life reservation: If an aura is supported with Blood Magic to reserve life, then it is not reserving mana and the Spell Damage bonus from Clear Mind applies as expected"

It´s possible to use that gem without losing life?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
redix27 wrote:
Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel:

"Life reservation: If an aura is supported with Blood Magic to reserve life, then it is not reserving mana and the Spell Damage bonus from Clear Mind applies as expected"

It´s possible to use that gem without losing life?

Yes, it worked fine on my BM flame totem build.
Ok I've just made this build but ive got some question please help me out :)

I'm currently specced a lvl 84 scion I had lying around with respec in to this build.

this is my gear:

Spoiler

I got the Magnate belt lying but can't use it (yet) because missing a few strength.

this is my tree currently:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecEswUtBUIOXBEtEuEUIBRNFVAWbxcvGFYYkRo4Gj4c3B0UIG4hYCcLJy8o-ikuKaUsnC3SMtE26ECgQZZFR0V-RZ1GaUa3TLNQMFNSVdZXDVnzXhNfP2FSZOdmVGaeaHRo8mr6cg9yqXTxdqx673yDfLiApIIHgseDtoZghtGPGo9GkFWRzpLQlG-UoJZsmuCezZ8-n8uiAKcIpzCsqq2NrrO4k7yfwGbPftAf0PXSIdNv2E3ZYdpi42rqGOvu7w7vTu_r8B_xrPJB9kj3Mvno-tL8Sw==?accountName=PaladinSMD&characterName=Yssithe

- do you really only counter the degen from RF AND Blood Rage with only pots? because I'm running down very fast when I have for a sec or so no pot up.

- why do we have both lightning strike and molten strike? Can I remove for example molten strike and use any other gem there? or is there a build defining reason for both skills?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
already found the answers I needed :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Jul 31, 2015, 4:41:49 PM
Can you tell the answer on "do you really only counter the degen from RF AND Blood Rage with only pots?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info