[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

"
rotan wrote:
"
sgw9426 wrote:

I don't use clear mind because the auras we run are absolutely crucial for survivability. You can actually use any +2 mana jewels for the time being and you'll do just fine. I did my first uber with two viridian jewels with nothing but mana gained on hit and some spell crit multi. Rare gloves are far superior because I believe you get more flask charges from attack speed than spell crit, and the 80% increased mana cost means we have to either use blood magic or 4 mana gained on hit jewels. You will lose about 1/6 of your damage if you switch out clear mind/void bringer, but your survivability will improve noticeably with auras.

Swapped out Voidbringers for these:

You were absolutely right, my DPS is a lot better with those gloves than with void. Haven't gotten around to getting 2x +2 mana Viridian Jewels just yet. Going to be hard to give up my 11 IAS/9% crit chance jewel but I have complete faith in what you recommend and will make the switch.

Changing the gloves allowed me to drop my str boots for this bad boy - now my cold resistance is finally maxed and I'm feeling fearless lol:

Also swapping both of those items gained me about 400 extra HP, sitting nicely at 4,551.

Attacks speed is a lot better because it improves both our damage and defenses. Keep in mind that you can roll life, global crit, and attack speed on viridian jewels too. Just takes some xyz browsing and/or crafting.

I'm glad your build is coming together nicely :)

"
Kronborg11 wrote:
Hey. After lots of farming on warbands i've finally got my hands on a mjölner + voll's devo. Now i'm planning to respec my lvl 65 templar (fakener) into my mjölner char later. Now my question is around what lvl that would be a good idea? I dont want to start farming atziri right away when i convert, it's fine with me to start out with some mapping and get lvls there. I just dont want to convert to early and be too squishy, lack dmg etc. I also got a 84 scion i could respec tho, but i like the templar tree more.

You can actually start using mjolner as soon as you can equip it. You'll need decent levels on your gems, especially arc and discharge and I recommend having at least level 16 on both spells for total facerolling. You actually don't need to run Iron Reflex and Grace in the beginning as long as you run determination and a surgeon's granite flask of iron skin. As long as you have a 5 link kingsguard, some armour and some damage, mjolner will carry you to level 80 effortlessly.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"
sgw9426 wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad that you're making good progress even in failed runs, and if it's any consolation, I think you would've had it in the 2nd run if you were using a legacy mjolner.

Trash deaths should be avoided at cost, but I die to trash from time to time as well and now if I see a rippy rare or ghost I'd just skip it and come back to it later. It's really easy to outrun the trash mobs with quicksilver and devoto's.

About the last phase of the trio fight: I'm not sure if you read how the trio went for me when I forgot to wear my magnate, but I ran out of flask charges twice when I was tanking the dual striker. In this case you should kite him for a bit and lightning strike trash mobs to gain hp & flask charges. Between quicksilver, flame dash, and movement speed from devoto's, you can kite him very easily until you have full flask charges. Don't be afraid to kite the trio with quicksilvers if something goes wrong at any point in the fight. We have a LOT of movement speed, and we can usually use it to re-position ourselves into more advantageous positions.

I agree with bringing 2 ruby flasks. In between phases, you can actually regen hp with ruby flask if you take off blood rage by weapon swapping. You can also try using assassin's mark curse to get more flask charges, it's only an idea that I've been toying with, but you should get nearly double the flask charges at the cost of some damage.

Please keep us posted on your future attempts! You may very likely be one of the first few people attempting uber atziri with a 30% mjolner, and I would love to add your experience and testimony to the guide.

I am leveling to lvl 93, like 50% exp now. The new issue is with the 6th link lmp and the 140% mana cost, even 2x 2+mana gain on hit can't sustain it, since I only have like 58 mana pool after 3 auras. I tried to use a mana flask when got low/no mana regen maps. Currently I just use a BM gem instead of fortify. Later I will test the conqueror's efficiency to see if a few more max mana can ease the problem. If so, i have this idea of using another leap jew at the bottom of the tree to get Vigour/Revelry/Golem's blood. assassin's mark is another thing i want to test.

I will keep my progression updated here. Thanks so much for your advice and awesome guide. I wish I coulda read this earlier. I started this league with flame totom, switched to low life after mjolner dropped and bought the devotion. now I switched back to life based again, wasted tons of currency on gear and respecing. But i am happy cuz this build is fun.
Running this in warbands since you have a legacy saffels doesn't it require us to use an alpha's howl since you get a +1 additional res? Or what's the deal with it then? Would I run 21 purities empower lvl 3 in my helm instead and have grace with another lvl3 enlighten?

----- Edit; Scratch that. I read a post that pretty much went over the same thing as what I asked and you think it should be fine since I'll be at 98% flasked. Thank god. Devoto's is too damn nice to give up on. Will I have to dodge the lightning or is face tanking it with 97% doable or am I playing risky doing that?

I'm getting very close. I need a few levels and I need to change a couple pieces of gear but I should be there very shortly and can hopefully shine some light on what uber is like in 2.0 in the temp leagues.
Last edited by B2rad on Jul 29, 2015, 10:22:17 AM
Leveling an Scion!! better skill? Lig.Tendrils / Ball Lightning???? any suggestion?:-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:29:21 PM
"
BradKTA wrote:
Running this in warbands since you have a legacy saffels doesn't it require us to use an alpha's howl since you get a +1 additional res? Or what's the deal with it then? Would I run 21 purities empower lvl 3 in my helm instead and have grace with another lvl3 enlighten?

----- Edit; Scratch that. I read a post that pretty much went over the same thing as what I asked and you think it should be fine since I'll be at 98% flasked. Thank god. Devoto's is too damn nice to give up on. Will I have to dodge the lightning or is face tanking it with 97% doable or am I playing risky doing that?

I'm getting very close. I need a few levels and I need to change a couple pieces of gear but I should be there very shortly and can hopefully shine some light on what uber is like in 2.0 in the temp leagues.

You can facetank the storm calls with 97% lightning resist. I think 98 fire 97 light are still very safe, but 97/96 is pushing it.

Awesome! I look forward to hearing good news :)

"
redix27 wrote:
Leveling an Scion!! better skill? Lig.Tendrils / Ball Lightning???? any suggestion?:-)

I don't have a leveling guide but ball lightning, arc, or even flame totem are strong candidates for leveling. You can probably check out older guides that have leveling guide to get some insight.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
Do you have like a general leveling guide on what you did? I'd like to level close in line with the build without spending a ton of regrets later and Im curious what skills/gear you aimed for while leveling. Any advice is appreciated
hi i want ask a question u dont use blood magic gem your mana enough for skill?
"
repairman1988 wrote:
Do you have like a general leveling guide on what you did? I'd like to level close in line with the build without spending a ton of regrets later and Im curious what skills/gear you aimed for while leveling. Any advice is appreciated

I´m using:

FP+Cold penetration+spell totem+Faster Proj with

BL+SE+LP+AOE+FC+IcDMG with

HoT+CoH+AMark with

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 30, 2015, 7:46:03 AM
Really loving the build! So tanky yet so effective. Keep up the good work!
How are you able to remain int capped with that gear? I feel as if I'm missing something. Do you have int on two jewels or something? I'd like to get high armor gloves if possible and just ignore getting int on gloves, but I may have to stick with crappy hybrid gloves. I'm 66 int short without gloves/a ring on. But like I said, that's impossible to get if I want high armor gloves since it forces me to get hybrid ones... Not sure how you manage to cap. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info