[2.2] King's "Immortal Reaver" - Crit Bino's + Max block Aegis +115k dps

“That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.”

You either die in HC or live long enough to buy Aegis Aurora!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS BUILD SWITCHED TO DUELIST START BECAUSE OF GLADIATOR ASCENDANCY CLASS AND IT GOT BUFFED AS HELL
-> New build guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to share my Aegis max block crit Bino's reaver. Very powerful and very tanky. Also very fun to play!

This build can be played as Shadow, Ranger or Duelist, just take different starting nodes (look at the 120pts tree)

115+k dps Reave, >80% crit chance, 75% block 63% spell block, 3000hp + 1600 es, >10k armour

If you're not familiar with Aegis Aurora, it is a very powerful shield that replenishes your Energy Shield by 2% of armour when you block. We have 10000 armour, so everytime you block, you get 200 ES. Since your block chance is 75/65, you're almost impossible to kill. Two things can kill you - Very hard hit (like Vaal Smash etc) or huge/burst chaos damage (very unlikely).

We use two curses - Assassin's Mark and Poacher's Mark. Ass mark provides power charges and Poacher's mark provides frenzy charges. You should use one curse on one pack, and then second curse on next pack (and so on). We also get power charges from Whirling blades, counter skills and Tempest shield. It shouldn't be hard to keep all of them all the time.

Poacher's Mark also gives 23/11 life/mana on hit and 100% increased flask charges (Great for charging Rumi's!)

//Update 1.01

Grabbed Ghost reaver because we don't actually need life leech. We get 100 life gained on kill and aprox 2k life regen on kill. This will help keeping ES up all the time.

Also swapped Enlighten with Ele Prolif for soe more AoE dmg. Now we have 80 free mana and Reave costs 37. When clearing maps, mana is never an issue, but it MIGHT be a problem on some high HP bosses (although I didn't encounter any problems so far)

As suggested by Sobrijoska, we can swap Vengeance with End Charge on Melee Stun to get some end charges. Your choice :)

If you have some nice Jewel that you'd like to use, you can remove two nodes and pick one jewel node.

//Update 1.02

Added some videos, will add more with more difficult maps
Swapping Herald of Ash + Ele Prolif with Discipline + enlighten for tougher maps

//UPDATE 1.03 - NEW 2.1 skill tree + will add new gems / gear

Pros

-Good end game clear speed
-Very tanky
-Fun to play
-Not very expensive
-Looks cool (Almost all unique items have 3D art :)

Cons

-Needs Rumi's for max block
-Can be one shotted since you take 40-50% increased phys dmg taken (Only if you play bad / don't use Flasks)
-Reflect maps are a no no.
-2.0 made it tougher for everyone and this build is no exception

Gear

Helmet

Abyssus. Crit multi, flat phys, armour and attributes. Perfect.

Body Armour

This is a great body armour for this build - 1000+ armour and 500+es. Life on kill and mana on kill + resistances are all great addons.

Other choice would be a rare chest with >500 armour and >300 es with resistances or Carcass Jack.

Weapon

Great dagger for only a few ex. Great crit chance, nice phys and beautiful life regen. Plus it got a 3d art!

Rare >250pdps >8 crit chance dagger will work, too.

Shield

Aegis. A must.

Boots

Rainbowstrides. A must.

Gloves

Hp + 3 res + att speed + flat phys is great. Maligaro's if you don't need res.

Jewelry + Belt

Stone of Lazhwar is a must, everything else should have +life, res, >0,2% mana leech, accuracy, crit, wed...

Meginord's is great for dps.

Flasks

Rumi's for max block, Atziri's for dps

Gems

Chest 6L - Reave + Melee Phys Damage + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning

(For a five link, I would use Reave + faster attacks + multistrike + melee phys damage + added fire/crit dmg)

Helmet 4L - Reckoning + Vengeance/End charge on Melee stun + Riposte + Power charge on critical

Gloves 4L - Whirling Blades + Power charge on critical + Fortify + Blood Magic

Boots 4L - Increased Area Of Effect + Assassin's Mark + Blood Magic + Poacher's mark

Shield 3L - Increased Duration + Tempest Shield + Power charge on critical

Weapon 3L - Hatred + Herald of Ash + Enlighten lvl2+/Elemental Proliferation for more damage OR Hatred + Discipline + Enlighten for survivability

Screenshots

4 power charges

4 power charges + 3 frenzy charges

4 power charges + 3 frenzy charges + Atziri flask

Block and armour without Rumi's

Block and armour with Rumi's

Passive Tree

Bandits

N: Oak
C: Kill all
M: Alira

Generating Charges

POWER CHARGES - Main way of generating PCs is Power Charge on Critical gem that we link with our counter setup (Reckoning + Riposte (+ Vengeance)). Whirling blades is the other way - just whirl into a pack and get PC and fortify. Third way is Power Charge on Critical linked to Tempest shield. It has less crit chance, but will do de job from time to time.. (If that's not enough, use Assassins Mark curse.)

FRENZY CHARGES - Use Poachers Mark curse every now and then.. Quality is a nice addon.

ENDURANCE CHARGES - We have End Charge on Melee Stun linked to counter setup. Use Enduring cry for refreshing if you want.

Thought about 2.0 and survivability

After 2.0, it is way harder for every build to survive. I planned and played this build before 2.0 and, although it still works, you shouldn't roll very hard maps if you want to level past 85 with ease (or stay alive in HC).

I'd alc maps that are <74 and play a bit tougher ones, but >74 should be rolled carefully. Safest way is to transmute and alt them till you get some nice mods that are not rippy. Maybe alc some if you're finding it difficult to sustain a map pool, but try to avoid -res, ele reflect mods.

2.0 made it harder for EVERYONE to stay alive and sustain a 78+ map pool, even some of the best racers and hc players have a hard time / die a lot. That's how it is now, I guess.

I'll try and think of more defense mechanics that we can implement in this build, but as I said, every build is harder to play than before 2.0.

Hard bosses you should skip

Village Ruin map (79) - Stonebeak uses Poison Arrow , Vaal RoA and Split Arrow + Gnaar does Bleeding + Vengeance

Crematorium Map (78) - Megaera uses brutal Firestorm. Avoid it.

How to stay alive in HC

-Get your hands on Armour/Eva + ES body armour. Atziri's Splendour (800Armour + 300 Eva + 600 Es) is what I use.

- Have at least 1 Rumi's flask. Two Rumi's is even better.

- Have 1 Jade flask with increased Armour or Evasion during flask effect.

- Slow down when facing hard hitting Rare mobs.

- Remove curse flask is nice to have. You don't want Vulnerability on you!

- Don't play drunk

- Don't play tired

- Use Hatred + Discipline instead of Hatred + HoA

- Try to keep Fortify buff active as much as you can (Using Whirling Blades)

HC and Atziri viable
Last edited by kralj87 on Mar 1, 2016, 7:11:36 PM
Feel free to comment, suggest or ask questions!
After clearing A4 Merc on Warbands with a generic crit-dagger Shadow, I like the idea of this build a lot, as the investment to adapt to it is relatively cheap.

How do you feel about using Power Charge on Crit instead of Melee Physical Damage with your counter-attacks? I feel like it would help keep power charges up when everything except the big beefy mob is dead or when fighting a lot of curse-immune.

Can you name some other effective unique armors? Atziri's Splendor is a tad... difficult to get in the week-old leagues.

Instead of the Survivalist evasion nodes near Acrobatics, how about the Cloth and Chain Armor/Evasion nodes near Iron Reflexes?

Other than that, I'm probably going to ditch Ice Golem for Vaal Reave. I find that it gets itself killed a lot.
Some questions:
1) Have you played this build on high maps with Monster poison on hit and what is your experience with Undying Alchemists?
2) You loose ~190 ES/s that you can't leech back. Does this mean you are constantly toggling BR between fights?
3) Obligatory Abyssus question: You are neither using fortify or LC. How much damage do you take on reflect if you don't block it?
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
PieExplosion wrote:
After clearing A4 Merc on Warbands with a generic crit-dagger Shadow, I like the idea of this build a lot, as the investment to adapt to it is relatively cheap.

How do you feel about using Power Charge on Crit instead of Melee Physical Damage with your counter-attacks? I feel like it would help keep power charges up when everything except the big beefy mob is dead or when fighting a lot of curse-immune.

Can you name some other effective unique armors? Atziri's Splendor is a tad... difficult to get in the week-old leagues.

Instead of the Survivalist evasion nodes near Acrobatics, how about the Cloth and Chain Armor/Evasion nodes near Iron Reflexes?

Other than that, I'm probably going to ditch Ice Golem for Vaal Reave. I find that it gets itself killed a lot.

I like your idea and it works great! I added new gems setup, so make sure you check it out :) Thx for suggestion!

Another unique armour could be a Carcass jack. It gives inc aoe that boosts reave and eva es that we need. It'll be a bit harder to chrom it, but maybe you could use Inc crit damage instead of Phys to Light, and Faster attacks instead of weapon elemental damage.

I also updated skill tree.
"
candoerfer wrote:
Some questions:
1) Have you played this build on high maps with Monster poison on hit and what is your experience with Undying Alchemists?
2) You loose ~190 ES/s that you can't leech back. Does this mean you are constantly toggling BR between fights?
3) Obligatory Abyssus question: You are neither using fortify or LC. How much damage do you take on reflect if you don't block it?

I'll try all that and let you now. Reflect shouldn't be a problem since we regen 2000+ hp/s and gain on kill/hit 100+ (and also, of course, block 75% reflects, and fortify)

Not using Blood rage anymore, instead i use poacher's mark. Check out the new gem setup! :)
Last edited by kralj87 on Jul 17, 2015, 3:25:28 PM
how is this max block is you get 25% block from the tree and Aegis is 32%? that's 57% block only
NVM just saw Rumoi
Last edited by Defaceo on Jul 18, 2015, 10:38:29 AM
Yep, Rumi's is a must, you just pop it up when you see a big or more dangerous pack.
You can Glasblowers your other flasks, I did see the 20% only on some of them.
Yep, I should do that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info