[2.2] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives / Bladefall. 7K Life, 100K+ DPS!

Okay I'll do that, thank you ^^
"
Chridian wrote:
Okay I'll do that, thank you ^^

And again, once you have Empower 3, or maybe even with level 2 on your Tabula Rasa +1, you end up with more damage with a good rare dagger (since Phys > 50% Fire / 50% Chaos, since it Poisons better). Depends on gear, amount of % Increased Damage, etc. Do the math, decide for yourself.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Got it.
But once I do switch the consuming dark, do I still keep HoA?
(just asking because going back to hatred would most certainly kill my mana at this point)
edit: I found I CAN run hatred, but without clarity, meaning at my current level and gear setup, I have 54.8 mana regen and EK costs 73, but with spell echo it could work, I just cant spam it nonstop atm, so it feels kinda clunky
Last edited by Chridian on May 5, 2016, 1:49:13 PM
Hello, i love your build and i'm running it at the 2-week event
but i will make some edits and tell me if it's useful or no :)
poeurl.com/CVG here's the tree i'm gonna be following that's 130 points! i know it exceeds the points used in normal tree but there's many options, could you pick some of them and cancel the others!
For your Gem Setup i will be running like:
Main 6L Tabula: Ethereal Knives + Controlled Destruction + Spell Echo + Added Fire Damage + Faster Projectiles + Poison (maybe, i'm not a Fan of this gem really, i don't know how to scales what damage it gives) if there's another Gem i could add instead of poison tell me please i don't wanna mess up :)
Gloves ~> Winds of Change: Same Setup as Posted CWDT + IC + Duration + Fire Golem if using Faster Casting as 6th Link if not Maybe Lightning Golem
Atziri's Step is a great choice and same gems as posted too
The Retch Rustic Sash is good for Vaal Pact since i will drop Trickster and take Deadeye for Extra Pierce without Pierce gem i would reach like 90% Pierce chance without gem (Dead eye + Pierce Nodes in the right side!)
i don't if i should stick with The Dark Consuming or take a godly rare dagger, mention if there's more options for unique daggers.
Everything else is optional
Auras: HoA + HoI + Warlord's Mark Blasphemy Linked to Englighten(Include 2 Aura Reservation Nodes on the Right Side for some left mana to cast skills + Clarity on Blood Magic! :D :D
Rate what i said if there's something wrong tell me, thanks
and great build i always loved to make an EK and play scion together and i found yours :D
Last edited by CraztyDing2 on May 10, 2016, 9:31:51 PM
Use my tree, really. And don't take VP, get the sweet regen instead (if you insist, use Blood Dance boots).

You only use Added Fire until you have Empower 3. While using Added Fire + Poison together you MUST use The Consuming Dark, after you switch to Empower there's no need for that dagger. In fact, with the new Pierce, you can skip The Consuming Dark altogether.

Poison scales based on Projectile/Chaos Damage, and you should have a lot of the former. In fact, you should use Pierce as one of the links, like I stated.
6L = EK / Spell Echo / Poison / Pierce / Controlled D / Faster Casting.
If you can get a 6L Lioneye's, then you add Empower 3 :)

The Retch is only for % Phys Damage, stats and mostly FLASK DURATION - It doesn't grant you Leech from Physical Spells ;)

Vulnerability Blasphemy is a HUGE damage boost, more than anything else, so get that. HoI / HoA barely add damage once you take into account them not affecting Poison, so avoid those, and get defensive boosts like AA or perhaps Haste/Grace. Clarity is a good idea, and a must unless you want to rely on 0.5% leech boots solely for sustain (not a good idea), but using anything on Blood Magic is a waste of Life.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 11, 2016, 6:51:12 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Use my tree, really. And don't take VP, get the sweet regen instead (if you insist, use Blood Dance boots).

You only use Added Fire until you have Empower 3. While using Added Fire + Poison together you MUST use The Consuming Dark, after you switch to Empower there's no need for that dagger. In fact, with the new Pierce, you can skip The Consuming Dark altogether.

Poison scales based on Projectile/Chaos Damage, and you should have a lot of the former. In fact, you should use Pierce as one of the links, like I stated.
6L = EK / Spell Echo / Poison / Pierce / Controlled D / Faster Casting.
If you can get a 6L Lioneye's, then you add Empower 3 :)

The Retch is only for % Phys Damage, stats and mostly FLASK DURATION - It doesn't grant you Leech from Physical Spells ;)

Vulnerability Blasphemy is a HUGE damage boost, more than anything else, so get that. HoI / HoA barely add damage once you take into account them not affecting Poison, so avoid those, and get defensive boosts like AA or perhaps Haste/Grace. Clarity is a good idea, and a must unless you want to rely on 0.5% leech boots solely for sustain (not a good idea), but using anything on Blood Magic is a waste of Life.
that really cuts off my message xD i don't know what to do you made me more lost! xD
But you didn't answer my question about Deadeye and Berserker that's why i'm taking VP for the instant leech i might drop that Warlord's Blasphemy when i take VP late game and run like Projectile Weakness or Vulnerability but i still think Clarity on BM is a good idea it won't cut off so much health just like 200 on max level or something, i will have enough health late game, and i don't wanna use pierce as gem i would just take the pierce nodes and dead eye and it's gg for me, still what do you think?
so i must stick with added fire and poison if i'm using dark consuming other wise i will run Empower and stuff but what about the poison nodes on the right area if i'm going for poison
so lioneye's is a must option to remove the pierce gem? or what ? and what do you think about Queen of the forest? thanks for replying
may you please check the tree i posted it has many options tell me what ever you think about all of it
thank you again
what should i look for on jewels? and how many jewels is minimum to get?
ok so what auras should i look for late game? AA + Hatred + Blasphemy (Proj or Vulnerability or Warlords) and Clarity on BM? or what do you suggest?
Last edited by CraztyDing2 on May 11, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
"
CraztyDing2 wrote:
But you didn't answer my question about Deadeye and Berserker that's why i'm taking VP for the instant leech i might drop that Warlord's Blasphemy when i take VP late game and run like Projectile Weakness or Vulnerability but i still think Clarity on BM is a good idea it won't cut off so much health just like 200 on max level or something, i will have enough health late game, and i don't wanna use pierce as gem i would just take the pierce nodes and dead eye and it's gg for me, still what do you think?
so i must stick with added fire and poison if i'm using dark consuming other wise i will run Empower and stuff but what about the poison nodes on the right area if i'm going for poison
so lioneye's is a must option to remove the pierce gem? or what ? and what do you think about Queen of the forest? thanks for replying
may you please check the tree i posted it has many options tell me what ever you think about all of it
thank you again
what should i look for on jewels? and how many jewels is minimum to get?
ok so what auras should i look for late game? AA + Hatred + Blasphemy (Proj or Vulnerability or Warlords) and Clarity on BM? or what do you suggest?

You use Pierce gem for % More Damage that affects Poison as well. So if it's 100 damage and 100 poison, it'll become 130 damage + 130*1.3 Poison DPS. So you don't want to skip the gem - it's not about the actual Piercing, as that was never a real problem with EK to begin with.

Deadeye is useless because of this. Don't take the Poison nodes, they plain suck - instead get the Curse Effect passives to boost Projectile Weakness. Which also double dips!

Your tree is essentially my 2.1 tree from before some changes, and it's just worse than my current one.

Jewels should be Projectile Damage (or Increased Damage) + Life + 1/2 more damage modifiers. As many as you can get for 2 points, and some for 3 points if they're good.

Lioneye's is probably the best option for DPS, yes.

Hatred is a waste, just like HoA. Just use Blasphemy / AA / Clarity.

got lucky with this ... do you think it can be use
with EK
"
crazen56 wrote:
got lucky with this ... do you think it can be use
with EK

Wow. Yes, that's the absolute best thing you can ever get for DPS.

Getting the right colors might be a tad hard, however. You want EK / Poison / Faster Casting / Spell Echo / Empower / Controlled Destruction on that...

Thing is, that's 5 off color, and yours is already amazing with 6 off! I'd not touch those colors, like, ever :D

Replace Empower with Faster Projectiles in your case, I think, and win the game at a safe distance (with a bit more DPS). Losing Empower on a +1 gems chest is a shame, but you don't touch a 6-off color. Use Slower Projectiles for when you need millions of DPS (not kidding, actual millions).

---

Why not stick with Spark, though? On those colors and chest, it's probably much stronger than just about anything. At least while Poison meta is with us.

Last edited by CantripN on May 16, 2016, 2:04:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info