[2.2] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives / Bladefall. 7K Life, 100K+ DPS!

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 21, 2016, 1:58:31 PM
nvm, forgot about Faster Casting.
Last edited by ptica on Apr 21, 2016, 2:27:50 PM
Running this build now its fun so far. Just need the ninja star MTX and it will be awesome!
Would you consider doing a full 2.2 rewrite for the whole guide? As you propose several different ideas which are sometimes conflicting it could clarify a lot if you wrote a whole piece on 2.2
"
Feroby wrote:
Would you consider doing a full 2.2 rewrite for the whole guide? As you propose several different ideas which are sometimes conflicting it could clarify a lot if you wrote a whole piece on 2.2

I guess I could clarify that, sure. I'll do that once 2.3 comes out, not much demand atm.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Hey, I was hoping for some help right about now, I'm slightly confused for the 6L as you said replace added fire with empower once it hits 3, but in the guide you are using both, would you replace one of them with faster proj?
Currently my links are: EK-Faster casting-spell echo-added fire-empower (2)-controlled destruction.
(I have a semi nice dagger for level 58 that I can use so I'll replace consuming dark)
Also running warlord's mark+blasphemy for the mana leech, as well as Hatred.
Last edited by Chridian on May 5, 2016, 7:18:51 AM
"
Chridian wrote:
Hey, I was hoping for some help right about now, I'm slightly confused for the 6L as you said replace added fire with empower once it hits 3, but in the guide you are using both, would you replace one of them with faster proj?
Currently my links are: EK-Faster casting-spell echo-added fire-empower (2)-controlled destruction.
(I have a semi nice dagger for level 58 that I can use so I'll replace consuming dark)
Also running warlord's mark+blasphemy for the mana leech, as well as Hatred.

Sure, I'll explain.

There's no need for Faster Projectiles (no matter the type of EK you pick), now that the levels and Q on EK add Range, and we have Gloves that add range. Poison is much stronger than any other support (so you usually have that as a link instead of Empower in your case, and Empower 3/4 just barely beats Added Fire in that case).

As long as you use Added Fire + Poison, you want The Consuming Dark to convert that Fire and HoA to Chaos (and add to the Poison damage). Once you switch to Empower, you can replace the dagger to a Rare.

As for the Aura, War Mark helps sustain, but it's FAR better if you can sustain without it using mana regen and use a Projectile Weakness Aura, which double-dips on most of your damage.

--

If you want to play an Elemental non-Poison version, Pierce is also a viable 6L, just like Empower 3/4. Since you're running Hatred, I'll assume that's what you're doing...

Last edited by CantripN on May 5, 2016, 7:47:24 AM
I'll be doing this for a cheap and easy 2-week build, Poison exploits till the end.

Okay, I'll do this now:
Replace empower with poison, stick with added fire, and consuming dark.
Replace hatred for HoA and somehow attempt to get enough mana regen without warlords (possibly use clarity?)
Once I have enough regen to sustain, I'll switch warlords for vulnerability I suppose.
Currently level 58 and I can't see anymore mana nodes I'm supposed to pick but I'll find a way I'm sure.
Thanks for the quick reply and apologize for the noobish questions, after all it seems I'm still just a tad newbie ;)
"
Chridian wrote:
Okay, I'll do this now:
Replace empower with poison, stick with added fire, and consuming dark.
Replace hatred for HoA and somehow attempt to get enough mana regen without warlords (possibly use clarity?)
Once I have enough regen to sustain, I'll switch warlords for vulnerability I suppose.
Currently level 58 and I can't see anymore mana nodes I'm supposed to pick but I'll find a way I'm sure.
Thanks for the quick reply and apologize for the noobish questions, after all it seems I'm still just a tad newbie ;)

Since I wrote that, I found that Projectile Weakness double-dips, too, so use that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info