[2.2] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives / Bladefall. 7K Life, 100K+ DPS!

So do you feel the consuming dark route is stronger overall, or just safer for Bladefall? I'm actually at the point where I need to start dumping chromes into my Hyrri's and I really hate the thought of 5 off colors haha.

I'm running 74-78 maps perfectly fine with dual daggers and Bladefall/Spell Echo/Added Fire/Controlled Destruction/Faster Casting/Conc Effect. I only have one jewel in at the moment as well. Obviously I'm wasting a lot of offensive gear stats on crit because I'm using two daggers when I could be using a shield or a sceptre in my offhand for potentially more defensive stats/cast speed. That would probably free my boots slot up for Atziri's to stack more evasion as well. I'm not convinced an Empower would be any better than my conc effect right now for the effort involved either. I don't have a level 4 to test though.

Would it just be dropping the empower/conc effect for poison and then swapping to a consuming dark/whatever off hand? Do you take a chaos damage wheel at all?

Sorry If I missed a post where you covered this exact stuff CantripN, this threads getting a bit long now.
Last edited by PunchClockVillain on Dec 26, 2015, 3:59:24 PM
I do think Poison ends up being the best of the lot, overall. The 3 points are all you need, for 125%. I'm considering the Shadow start, but I doubt it's worth it for EK, only maybe for Bladefall.

Obviously Conc Effect will be the most DPS, but I hate the clear speed loss. And don't forget to try out Iron Will, I was using that for a while, too.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
This may have been hashed over already but, what masters would be beneficial to have for this build?
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
CantripN wrote:
I do think Poison ends up being the best of the lot, overall. The 3 points are all you need, for 125%. I'm considering the Shadow start, but I doubt it's worth it for EK, only maybe for Bladefall.

Obviously Conc Effect will be the most DPS, but I hate the clear speed loss. And don't forget to try out Iron Will, I was using that for a while, too.

Hmm I've been using bladefall for the whole time, how does EK do compared to Bladefall in terms of Aoe and single target dmg?
Torment IGN: ResThyWand
Shop Thread: 1143949
"
RestyPad wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Hmm I've been using bladefall for the whole time, how does EK do compared to Bladefall in terms of Aoe and single target dmg?

EK has equal or better AoE and far better kiting and clear speed. Single target is less by a bit compared to non-conc effect, and a lot less with it.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Can you give us a few Info how to level this Build and a few progress level trees?
Did i miss something about bladefall?
You are now using the consuming dark?
so u are dual weilding?
using poison as 6 gem?
Any change in the tree with that?
Now that level 90 is out of the way, the big question appears: is my Bladefall ready for Atziri? Did anyone try her with this skill?
"
WinterSphinx wrote:
Now that level 90 is out of the way, the big question appears: is my Bladefall ready for Atziri? Did anyone try her with this skill?

I did. The Reflect stage is a horror if you miss, but otherwise, easy.

@people - you can see my current tree and gear at any time by looking at my character from the current league. It's called trial and error and experimenting, I suggest you try it. It's not like there's one BEST option.

Yeah, the reflect and huge AoE of Bladefall is my main concern. I guess using non-quality and swapping a blue gem for Conc Effect can solve that issue. Heck, even respec the 2 points in AoE by Scion start.

How do you survive with Tabula and 178%-ish life? I'm sitting at 5.6k with a coil and still had some close calls in 79s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info