[2.1 Medium budget] Life-Based Dual Claw Non-Vaal Pact - BoR, 100-130k dps, 5-5.5k HP, Atziri Viable

also:

i am re-reading your original post and want to confirm that you actually can run no regen maps if you're smart about it. i ran a rare torture chamber no regen map the other day. you would just want to take off blood rage and if you were really annoyed at not being able to whirling blades everywhere, you could bring a mana flask.

for gloves you suggest two curses, which won't really work unless you have a unique or passive that let's enemies have multiple curses. i use enfeeble since it is an excellent flat damage reduction across the board for the enemies and is therefore pretty much the best defensive solution for a low level curse. you could also use temporal chains instead of that...it would probably be tied with warlord's mark or poacher's mark for next option.

for weapons, you should note that you aren't just looking for DPS but rather PDPS. if you are using claws with life on hit, then higher attack speed is great. the tree has a bit of attack speed though so in the end the attack speed might not matter too much.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 22, 2016, 6:55:17 AM
"
Say_Ten wrote:
looks like you can now view the video in HD...weird.

i had another thought i wanted to share regarding this build:

by nature of the use of claws and some passives on the tree, this build utilizes leech mechanics. leech mechanics have gone through some substantial changes over the last few years or so, but the easiest way to summarize what i want to convey is that leech is vastly more effective when leeching from a crowd of enemies. because of this, melee splash is an excellent overall choice for map clearing and many bosses. i think one of the few reasons i can facetank a double jungle valley boss is that i am leeching from about 50 enemies at once with splash.

i think the only time you would be better off swapping leech for something else would be a legitimately difficult single enemy-type boss, such as atziri.

for single target bosses like temple piety, i usually kill the adds first and then kill her. but her i can facetank, even with splash on.

for the same reason splash helps leech, it will obviously help claws with life on hit or the life on hit gem. something to make everyone aware of.

also, gimme your claws. =D

Haha, the claws are mine... Miiiiine!
Yeah, I've been running Splash and it's been great. I actually included it in the main build now; it's really superior to Proliferation!

I've been running Herald of Thunder / Herald of Ice. It's actually sustainable with a level 3 Enlighten gem & some of the nearby cheaper mana nodes! Really beastly.

Did get one-shotted yesterday by that vaal boss from atziri, a clean 5.5k hit (I have 5.4k hp). Pfuh!

"
Say_Ten wrote:

i am re-reading your original post and want to confirm that you actually can run no regen maps if you're smart about it. i ran a rare torture chamber no regen map the other day. you would just want to take off blood rage and if you were really annoyed at not being able to whirling blades everywhere, you could bring a mana flask.

for gloves you suggest two curses, which won't really work unless you have a unique or passive that let's enemies have multiple curses. i use enfeeble since it is an excellent flat damage reduction across the board for the enemies and is therefore pretty much the best defensive solution for a low level curse. you could also use temporal chains instead of that...it would probably be tied with warlord's mark or poacher's mark for next option.

for weapons, you should note that you aren't just looking for DPS but rather PDPS. if you are using claws with life on hit, then higher attack speed is great. the tree has a bit of attack speed though so in the end the attack speed might not matter too much.

Cool, going to try that out! I guess it's more of a hit & run commando style of play with no regen ;-).

Oh yeah, the curses thing: good point! Going to update that later today. Temp chains seems cool!
Yeah PDPS is the way to go! I'll be sure to include it. Thanks for all the comments!!
up to level 91 now, mainly took some more EVA and life nodes.

quick update on other things i have successfully facetanked (solo, i might add):

forest of flames (volcano boss)
merveil (necropolis boss)

things that have killed me recently:

party play, residence dominus, rare map, touch of god at point blank range...yeah i didn't evade that

party play, malformation piety, crazy mods and enfeeble on top of it. i think it was about half a second in that torrent of death she spews and i was out.

i should note that i have NOT yet tried piety myself.

i should also note that residence dominus is actually pretty easy if you don't get touched by god. usually he says something before he does it. that time he didn't. just be careful haha.
oh, also i stole the atziri's promise from my scion and have that on this character.

DPS is something like 103k-108k with 3 frenzy charges and 3 power charges and level 5, q12 blood rage. When you pop that flask, its 130k-140k. with melee damage on full life it's over 200k i believe.

i would absolutely recommend this flask if you can get your hands on one because not only is it a huge DPS bump but its additional life leech during the flask effect.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
oh, also i stole the atziri's promise from my scion and have that on this character.

DPS is something like 103k-108k with 3 frenzy charges and 3 power charges and level 5, q12 blood rage. When you pop that flask, its 130k-140k. with melee damage on full life it's over 200k i believe.

i would absolutely recommend this flask if you can get your hands on one because not only is it a huge DPS bump but its additional life leech during the flask effect.

Nice! Yeah, Dominus isn't too hard if you just go in for a few hits & then back off immediately. It's almost impossible to stand the abuse of his spells. Just takes a while. Same with the Crematorium and Academy bosses btw.

I have a bunch of Atziri's Promise flasks! They always seem to drop when I kill Atziri. Will give them a go.

I've been running HoI with a lvl3 Enlighten gem (Hatred+HoI+HoA+Enlighten). Works well!
"
grindst0ne wrote:

I've been running HoI with a lvl3 Enlighten gem (Hatred+HoI+HoA+Enlighten). Works well!

How much mana do you have unreserved? How long can you attack for, not hitting anything, before running out? Right now, I'm limited on what I can try out because my gem setup is different than yours. Basically, without major changes, I could swap HoA for HoI. I could also ditch flame golem but the combo of damage increases and aggro from it are too useful.

I still want to experiment with other curses, whether it be from CWDT or (more likely) CoH.

59 Mana! :-D
About 2 seconds of striking the air. But, it works out. Just have to aim a bit carefully!
maybe i will f around more when i get into standard league.

last night my lightning strike, multistrike, curse on hit, assassin's mark setup hit level 20. the q20 on all of those are nice...particularly LS since you get 40% chance to pierce.
hi ! Can we get an upgrade of the build plz ? :D
"
Shadexo wrote:
hi ! Can we get an upgrade of the build plz ? :D

yess we need the skill tree. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info