[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

I don't have much experience with MF so I wanna ask it here.

With 75% resist, 2% from PoF, 4% from Saffel's Flame, do we still need to spam Ruby Flask?

Would 2% HP regen (the unique jewel) would be enough to prevent health drop?
IGN: Aristona
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
spetakju wrote:
Using this build and so far I'm doing good. For CoC spells I'm using Ball of Lightning and Magma Orb, along with knock back on hit on jewels, so BoL pushes mobs onto second magma orb explosion.

My gear:
Spoiler

My tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YHHg3RDkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPJpUqCzY9OyhGcUlRUXRVS13yX7BgQ2HiY0NtbG49b55wUnDVdwd7w3_GgwmExYcTidOMNo7pkyeVLptdm7WcpKEvoqOmmaiatAy1SL6AvorDOspKytPssPDV8pfz6vba-wk=?accountName=spetakju&characterName=SpetaCoC

Try freezing pulse + Arctic Breath.

I have tried, but didn't like so much cause I need to be in close range for freezing pulse ><
"
aristona37 wrote:
I don't have much experience with MF so I wanna ask it here.

With 75% resist, 2% from PoF, 4% from Saffel's Flame, do we still need to spam Ruby Flask?

If you take Vaal Pact then you have no regen. If you have a surgeon's ruby flask then your ruby flask is pretty much always up so it really isn't that annoying.
Is there any information on what APS you should have if we use chain with barrage instead of GMP? I also don't really see anyone using chain either. Is it due to the randomness of the chain hit timing that makes it less ideal and making it proc less often than GMP?

I've been trying out chain with firestorm and it seems to work fine. I also want to add in cold snap but I don't have 5/6 link voll's yet. It seems like it'd be a decent setup and avoids having to swap gems for single target.
After playing some maps while having around charlev 70 (dressed in tabula, no 6l voll yet), I am starting to think that using a 6l voll is not the best idea overall. Voll's def stats do not really much differ from nothing (like on tabula). So the only viable option for survival I see is 6L rare with high evasion and life. (I do not consider builds with shav's since I am on warbands, unreacheable item for me for now)
Running with grace+2 heralds, so evasion in about 40% from mobs of my lev, about 2k life currently.

What do you all think about that?
"
Railune wrote:
After playing some maps while having around charlev 70 (dressed in tabula, no 6l voll yet), I am starting to think that using a 6l voll is not the best idea overall. Voll's def stats do not really much differ from nothing (like on tabula). So the only viable option for survival I see is 6L rare with high evasion and life. (I do not consider builds with shav's since I am on warbands, unreacheable item for me for now)
Running with grace+2 heralds, so evasion in about 40% from mobs of my lev, about 2k life currently.

Well, voll's is essentially a 7link, the fact that you can add a life leech gem adds to the survivability.

Since I took Phase Acrobatics my survival has increased immensely.

"
oliverlin111 wrote:
Is there any information on what APS you should have if we use chain with barrage instead of GMP? I also don't really see anyone using chain either. Is it due to the randomness of the chain hit timing that makes it less ideal and making it proc less often than GMP?

I've been trying out chain with firestorm and it seems to work fine. I also want to add in cold snap but I don't have 5/6 link voll's yet. It seems like it'd be a decent setup and avoids having to swap gems for single target.

Almost all builds switch gems depending on what they are fighting, don't see it as a limitation, see it as adaptation.

Chain costs more mana, the quality doesn't add attack speed which you might need and it doesn't hit more targets.

I really can't see the benefits of using it over GMP.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
spetakju wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
spetakju wrote:
Using this build and so far I'm doing good. For CoC spells I'm using Ball of Lightning and Magma Orb, along with knock back on hit on jewels, so BoL pushes mobs onto second magma orb explosion.

My gear:
Spoiler

My tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YHHg3RDkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPJpUqCzY9OyhGcUlRUXRVS13yX7BgQ2HiY0NtbG49b55wUnDVdwd7w3_GgwmExYcTidOMNo7pkyeVLptdm7WcpKEvoqOmmaiatAy1SL6AvorDOspKytPssPDV8pfz6vba-wk=?accountName=spetakju&characterName=SpetaCoC

Try freezing pulse + Arctic Breath.

I have tried, but didn't like so much cause I need to be in close range for freezing pulse ><

You really don't. Arctic Breath has huge range, also when you get a quality freezing pulse it will add to the range a lot.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
"
Railune wrote:

i thought almost the same thing when try to compare cyclone vs wand
if you not spending charges for smth (dis or frost wall or smth else idk) then voll 100% useless pointless piece of overhyped shit and if anyone whould tell you smth like HEY no voll is good just hit them in the face

lol that just remind me of discussion withg my brother about d2
that you shouldnt use frenzy as a main skill on barb cos the only need is getting buff up
and there uptime is about 6-8 sec
also in first sacred you need to rebuff each 10 sec and no one cares
im not even talking about hey lets use fr coc pcoc curse
cos there no need for curse all the time(not really) so you could use freely 4 skills even without voll
also 3 spells with gmp is about 11% more dmg then 4 just cos there 8 hits instead of 4
"

81% fire res 90-81%=17% per sec
there no need to be super smart to figure it out
and y with coc thats much easier just to use flasks all the time

"
oliverlin111 wrote:

dude
"
just in case if you want to compare
http://www.twitch.tv/ugropnz/v/8951772
low level chain vs non chain

previous page i dont know how you missed it
one thing that i whould say
to be honest i dont know whats better chain or kinetic + gmp for mass clearing
but they both pretty legit and both have problems with solo target thats why im not using them

for proc rate its the same as auto without gmp just in case you cant count all the time range and speed so w/e but main source of proc always will be main 4 attacks so better use <3 aps

"
You really don't. Arctic Breath has huge range, also when you get a quality freezing pulse it will add to the range a lot.

finally get into game again and leveling new cocer but started with witch and trying out your cold skills
using ice spear + arctic right now
main thing what i could say
y freezing pulse without sproj speed really shitty cos dmg decay too fast
so Q FP is really important for this build
for bosses using glac fp ek rigth now

also have a question how the fck frost wall deal that much dmg xD
just try out kinetic gmp coc frost wall with Voll`s protector
best party build eu xDDDDD
RIP English :D
GMT +4
Last edited by ugrolol on Aug 1, 2015, 1:53:37 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Yea, will try to get one, but I have no currency at all at Warbands, all I have is the tabula, so for now using magma orb and BoL plus 20% knockback on hit makes the magma orb hits the same mob twice and is working for now even against most bosses. But will save for a quality FP. Thanks for the build ^^.
"
spetakju wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Yea, will try to get one, but I have no currency at all at Warbands, all I have is the tabula, so for now using magma orb and BoL plus 20% knockback on hit makes the magma orb hits the same mob twice and is working for now even against most bosses. But will save for a quality FP. Thanks for the build ^^.

i saw coc&balls build in shadow section really pretty fine i started with it but i dont like ball lightning idk really why

also
top dmg single target is barrage coc CONCeffect FS FS GC (firestorm fire surge and glacial cascade) just in case they all benefits from conc effecnt and they all deal insane amount of dmg basicly
RIP English :D
GMT +4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info