[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

Hey, this is an awesome build.

but when i see your your skill dps i dont know where u get it from, i get max 6k EK with hatred,RF and HoA.

any tip on how i can improve my dps? i know i can pick up throatseeker.

crit capped
91%chance to hit
2.71 aps

Passive tree:

here is my gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Staggy1 on Aug 29, 2015, 11:46:18 AM
"
Staggy1 wrote:
Hey, this is an awesome build.

but when i see your your skill dps i dont know where u get it from, i get max 6k EK with hatred,RF and HoA.

any tip on how i can improve my dps? i know i can pick up throatseeker.

crit capped
91%chance to hit
2.71 aps

Passive tree:

here is my gear:
Spoiler

Well, I am using Maligaro's gloves and also I managed to cap my resistances from gear which allowed me to take the projectile damage nodes instead of the resist nodes at the bottom start of Scion.
Also my gems are a bit higher level.

You are on the right track, don't worry :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Well, I am using Maligaro's gloves and also I managed to cap my resistances from gear which allowed me to take the projectile damage nodes instead of the resist nodes at the bottom start of Scion.
Also my gems are a bit higher level.

You are on the right track, don't worry :)

Ok, thx so much for the reply.

So i have made some changes, bought maligaro's and went with the proj. dmg, and some other small stuff,
maybe ill go for some phys.dmg jewels to, since trash die so crazy fast and ill get more single target from that.

i got to say, this is the most fun build i have ever played, 1shotting everything, just crazy i love it.

looking forward to them lvl 20 gems.

thx again for making this awesome build and for being active.

peace;)

Last edited by Staggy1 on Aug 31, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Hey,

still playing and enjoying this build. Now switched to Saffel's and got myself a Lvl 20 Purity of Fire Gem.

But I can't maintain RF at all (even with Flask it's mediocre at best).
Any ideas on where and how to improve my life regen/resistances?

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcFQgW1Bx4I9A3RDkgPqxGWFr8gbiL0JIsmlSoLKk0snC0fMHE1kjY9OkI6WD8nQZZEq0lRSshLV0t4TLNQMFBCUUxTNVVLVa5Vxl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NqQ2sXbAtsjG1sbqpvnnBScNV3B31bghCDCYPbhMWHE4nTjAuMNo2_j6aTJ5UglS6btZyknaqhL6IurEeus7VItfK5fLzqvorAVMDjwzrKStAf0PXUI9i9217dqN-K37DndOjW7LDv6_DV8bPz6g==?accountName=Ceincaled&characterName=Erosive

Gear:

€dit: Should I get Vitality?
€dit 2: Found the Combination of HoI and Blind quite useful for tight/big monster packs. Just for the record :3
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
Last edited by Ceincaled on Aug 31, 2015, 6:08:06 AM
"

i can only tell you what i have done.

i usually don't run RF when clearing trash because it's not needed.

So, you should have 82% fire resist with Purity of Fire, and 95% with Ruby flask.

you should also be able to have 100% up-time with crit-ruby and non insta HP pots, use surgeon's eternal life flask, it is stronger.

this is what i do and i have no problem running RF on single target nor trash if i want to.

i get that u might have a bit more problem since i have a 6link with leech on it, other than that, use flasks all the time, one ting i love with this build, 100% flask uptime;)

good luck;)

Edit: pick up Alchemist on passive tree. then you will be on 95%
Last edited by Staggy1 on Aug 31, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Alright so pretty well following this build thus far in Tempest (well the tree so far) be 40+ tonight to actually start out, my gear that I have set aside so far is:

Spoiler

Tabula Rasa [Barrage, GMP, COC, AB, FP, Assassins/PCoC]

-Had to use PCoC 'cause the initial 4 power charges were taking way too long.
Twyzle Wand [Inc Dur, Curse On Hit, Assassins]

-I know Curse on Hit is only the single target.. but since PCoC is in my chest.. :/
Meginord Girdle

-Eh, for now.
Ungil Harmony Ammy [Just replaced with this Elreon..]

2x Diamond Rings

-These could use a little bit of love, but again, for now they're holding..
Sundance Boots [Herald of Ice + Leech]

-Boots to hold until I find some great RES/HP
Doedre's Tenure Gloves [Ice Golem, BM]

-The other gloves were way to much, these were super cheap.. <3?
Crest of Perandus Shield

-Dat HP, decent block.. <3.. my links are bad.
Peregrine Helmet [Thunder, Ice Golem, Flame Dash]

-Just something until I get to 51 for my decent circlet with res's/hp

Passives: Literally following your tree in the leveling section.

Figure this "should" hold me from 38-60... maybe?

So my question is, how Viable will this be for HC with the leveling tree you have posted. Or rather is there anything I should change? With the lack of armor from Tabula I'm worried about eating it, even if playing careful. [Can't afford a 6L Voll's right now]

It looks freakin' amazing and I'm dying to try it, but I don't want to die in the process lol.

Tips, tricks, suggestions Rathik? :D (Will update as I progress, damn work.)

Edit: I know I'm going to have to do some gear shuffle to get max res's but I'll worry about that in Cruel. :P

Update: Hit 42, this shit is fun, I only have ~64% crit with 4 power charges, but when that ice starts rushing out, it's a nice boner on screen. Already been kicked from parties because of the fear of death due to the sheer screen slaughter, but go figure, hopefully it gets better.

I have ~1050-1100 HP right now with ~100ish ES, still at the tail end of normal mode, not rushing as I don't want to wipe.

Last edited by SalvationD on Sep 1, 2015, 12:00:13 AM
"
Ceincaled wrote:
Hey,

still playing and enjoying this build. Now switched to Saffel's and got myself a Lvl 20 Purity of Fire Gem.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcFQgW1Bx4I9A3RDkgPqxGWFr8gbiL0JIsmlSoLKk0snC0fMHE1kjY9OkI6WD8nQZZEq0lRSshLV0t4TLNQMFBCUUxTNVVLVa5Vxl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NqQ2sXbAtsjG1sbqpvnnBScNV3B31bghCDCYPbhMWHE4nTjAuMNo2_j6aTJ5UglS6btZyknaqhL6IurEeus7VItfK5fLzqvorAVMDjwzrKStAf0PXUI9i9217dqN-K37DndOjW7LDv6_DV8bPz6g==?accountName=Ceincaled&characterName=Erosive

Gear:

€dit: Should I get Vitality?
€dit 2: Found the Combination of HoI and Blind quite useful for tight/big monster packs. Just for the record :3

You are not suppose to maintain RF at all times. Specially with out a LL gem.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
SalvationD wrote:
Alright so pretty well following this build thus far in Tempest (well the tree so far) be 40+ tonight to actually start out, my gear that I have set aside so far is:

Spoiler

Tabula Rasa [Barrage, GMP, COC, AB, FP, Assassins/PCoC]

-Had to use PCoC 'cause the initial 4 power charges were taking way too long.
Twyzle Wand [Inc Dur, Curse On Hit, Assassins]

-I know Curse on Hit is only the single target.. but since PCoC is in my chest.. :/
Meginord Girdle

-Eh, for now.
Ungil Harmony Ammy [Just replaced with this Elreon..]

2x Diamond Rings

-These could use a little bit of love, but again, for now they're holding..
Sundance Boots [Herald of Ice + Leech]

-Boots to hold until I find some great RES/HP
Doedre's Tenure Gloves [Ice Golem, BM]

-The other gloves were way to much, these were super cheap.. <3?
Crest of Perandus Shield

-Dat HP, decent block.. <3.. my links are bad.
Peregrine Helmet [Thunder, Ice Golem, Flame Dash]

-Just something until I get to 51 for my decent circlet with res's/hp

Passives: Literally following your tree in the leveling section.

Figure this "should" hold me from 38-60... maybe?

So my question is, how Viable will this be for HC with the leveling tree you have posted. Or rather is there anything I should change? With the lack of armor from Tabula I'm worried about eating it, even if playing careful. [Can't afford a 6L Voll's right now]

It looks freakin' amazing and I'm dying to try it, but I don't want to die in the process lol.

Tips, tricks, suggestions Rathik? :D (Will update as I progress, damn work.)

Edit: I know I'm going to have to do some gear shuffle to get max res's but I'll worry about that in Cruel. :P

Update: Hit 42, this shit is fun, I only have ~64% crit with 4 power charges, but when that ice starts rushing out, it's a nice boner on screen. Already been kicked from parties because of the fear of death due to the sheer screen slaughter, but go figure, hopefully it gets better.

I have ~1050-1100 HP right now with ~100ish ES, still at the tail end of normal mode, not rushing as I don't want to wipe.

The leveling tree was planned in normal game mode.

You should focus a lot more on life and global critical strike chance nodes/Accuracy. Leave spell crit nodes for last. Get phase acrobatics sooner.

Using vaal summon skeletons, Vaal Grace and Vaal haste will improve your survival. Vaal Discipline might also work.
Figure out a way to socket them all with increase duration.

I have never recommended this build for HC.

It would be cool to keep us up today with your progress.

Maybe you can prove it HC viable.

Good luck :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 1, 2015, 1:15:44 AM
what are the tooltip dps for your spells without RF ?

if they are in this thread and havent seen them sorry for asking this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
You should focus a lot more on life and global critical strike chance nodes/Accuracy. Leave spell crit nodes for last. Get phase acrobatics sooner.

Looking at the tree, I think up to your 112 point tree, it totals out to be ~158% increased life (POE Builder), and I'm not sure what I would have to scrap to get more HP nodes, there aren't exactly a lot within reach without sacrificing quite a few points everywhere else.

I love the res nodes below Scion which I'll be going into in about ~10 levels - that'll let me be more flexible with my gear.

All in all though, to go from say ~158% to ~190+%, seems like a huge sacrifice elsewhere, and in HC I guess sometimes you need that.... but.. Relying on dodge (Acro/Phase) and having a Rasa with no armor, already means that even if I get beefier I'll be squishy.

Your tree netted you around ~4.5k HP it looked like, and unless you can help me theory craft a tree that won't take too much of a penalty to give a nice little increase, I'm honestly not sure. I always play duo or in a small party and so far the only thing that hurts is ranged cause I don't dodge yet. How this will scale to Merci... Mmmm dunno.

Anywho! Tree wise Rathik if you wanna help me there I'll definitely keep a post updated as far as how it works out and such for anyone interested. Thanks!

Update/Edit: 111 points / 123
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAsZAtqNtZt9a-gIMJdweHE5ykb57A40tX8bPo1iLqwzqbtV-wykoki2HiJpUWvw-rVUuMNrVIbWw2PeywuXyMC3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5IY0MN0aaZjulRdKKjf8YRlrjKO3wPxITFOkJLeN2oMHHUI42_BbWKr5ARguS-vErI2L01krXybqqmV03j_o8gbkyzLR-VIMHzUDBVxoPbBAc6WCo4SVHw1ZUuBx5sjJ2qYqykOSLiR-IqTT8ne8Pv69Af8h1knev1j_rQ9UGWrrPyRTrh_gpJsdfP-TfviJMn

Take a look at this, scrapped a few flask nodes but shot up to 174% max hp. Thinking this 'might' work .. still heavy evasion based for HC (which I'm kinda :/ about) but with taking the resist nodes to cover for gear, I'm thinking that if able to max resists then taking those res nodes and dumping them into evasion nodes as I have taken every available HP node within reach. Thoughts on above? Might roll with this and then work from there.
Last edited by SalvationD on Sep 1, 2015, 1:11:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info