[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

Are there any information on how much elemental resist mobs normally have for the highly resistant ones. Are there a lot of mobs with 75%+ resists or even over 120%?
"
bloodline2400 wrote:
What are your thoughts on a Rare spell crit spell dmg shield +life VS Saffles

{Ign) Synfull_Sama would love to talk to u about things ingame

You can use a rare shield for uber devastation but it does make you weaker.
If you get hit with elemental weakness, flammability or vulnerability while face leeching a monster you will probably drop like a fly.

I like to balance offense and defense. If you feel you can handle RF with a rare shield then go for it. :)

Feel free to add me.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 24, 2015, 6:10:17 PM
"
Shaymon wrote:
"
bloodline2400 wrote:
What are your thoughts on a Rare spell crit spell dmg shield +life VS Saffles

{Ign) Synfull_Sama would love to talk to u about things ingame

That is what I run and it works great. Pretty sure it was recommended a few pages back as well. I don't run RF either though. I have ran RF just to mess with it and it did fine though on lvl 71 maps.

As an update- I am 76 now and just destroying things. Highest Map I have done is level 71 as I have not found any higher. But in the 71 Maps, I run right up to anything without fear of dying. I am pretty amazed.... Sometimes I will kill a boss and not even realize it lol. I am using Arctic Breath and Firestorm. Seriously melting mobs.... I love my dual arctic Breath totem witch but this COC Scion build is way better imo and more fun :) The great thing about this build is it is very noob friendly. It is easy enough to get some crit on gear around level 38 and start using it. And from there it just keeps getting stronger.... My totem witch always feels the same level by level. Great fun this build is!! Thanks again Rathik!

Shaymon

Its funny when this happens :).

Your welcome buddy, glad you like the build.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
oliverlin111 wrote:
Are there any information on how much elemental resist mobs normally have for the highly resistant ones. Are there a lot of mobs with 75%+ resists or even over 120%?

Check this page out

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_Experience

and also

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/29852z/question_what_are_the_resistances_of_monsters_do/

Also guys, I got a new guide out, magic find SRS, uber capable.

Check it out.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1406603
IGN Riokar | My guides
Any thoughts on using Magma Orb and Ball Lightning instead of Fireball and Arctic Breath to clear base mobs?

Just playing around with it today, they seem stronger.
"
Calgus wrote:
Any thoughts on using Magma Orb and Ball Lightning instead of Fireball and Arctic Breath to clear base mobs?

Just playing around with it today, they seem stronger.

No thoughts, you can use any spell you want, its up to you to decide which is more efficient.
If you are playing with groups you should also take into consideration the frame lag a spell is causing to other players.
IGN Riokar | My guides
I've picked up elemental equilibrium at the cost of 6 skill points (or 7, going from witch side) but I have to say it seems to perform quite well at the moment. I haven't really ran any maps with +80 to both cold and fire resist yet so I can't say how it'll do there but it seems to do much more damage majority of the time. In certain cases I can freeze rare/bosses which I couldn't before (and that is after losing about 30% crit multiplier). I'm personally just using purity of fire/ice and arctic armour instead of heralds to get the additional survivability so it helps that it doesn't screw up the resist debuffs from EE.

With the assumption that the fireball/arctic breath is alternating hits everytime, and natural resists mobs have (without map mods/resist auras), it should be outperforming just about any 6 points of passive you can get on raw damage in late game tree. The only time it seems to do worse or just as bad as not using equilibrium would be when you can't get the mobs' resist down to lower than like 65% after equilibrium's debuff (so probably when the map has +80 fire/cold and also has auras).

My gear/gem at the moment. A lot of the gem slots are just being used to level gems.

"
oliverlin111 wrote:
I've picked up elemental equilibrium at the cost of 6 skill points (or 7, going from witch side) but I have to say it seems to perform quite well at the moment. I haven't really ran any maps with +80 to both cold and fire resist yet so I can't say how it'll do there but it seems to do much more damage majority of the time. In certain cases I can freeze rare/bosses which I couldn't before (and that is after losing about 30% crit multiplier). I'm personally just using purity of fire/ice and arctic armour instead of heralds to get the additional survivability so it helps that it doesn't screw up the resist debuffs from EE.

With the assumption that the fireball/arctic breath is alternating hits everytime, and natural resists mobs have (without map mods/resist auras), it should be outperforming just about any 6 points of passive you can get on raw damage in late game tree. The only time it seems to do worse or just as bad as not using equilibrium would be when you can't get the mobs' resist down to lower than like 65% after equilibrium's debuff (so probably when the map has +80 fire/cold and also has auras).

My gear/gem at the moment. A lot of the gem slots are just being used to level gems.

Your wand is terribly bad to use with EE.
Your spells get lightning damage on them, which means as soon as your FB/AB hits it automatically adds 25% resist to fire and cold.

Change your wand and get lightning damage with attacks(not spells) from somewhere on your gear and your DPS will sky rocket.

As it is not, it does not only negates EE but its actually making your DPS worse.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 27, 2015, 11:01:29 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
oliverlin111 wrote:

Your spells get lightning damage on them, which means as soon as your FB/AB hits it automatically adds 25% resist to fire and cold.

Change your wand and get lightning damage with attacks(not spells) from somewhere on your gear and your DPS will sky rocket.

As it is not, it does not only negates EE but its actually making your DPS worse.

Elemental Equilibrium's effect: Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements.

From poe wiki: If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

Based on what I understand for EE, my spells deal their respective element + lightning. So when fireball hits, it deals fire + lightning causing the monster to gain +25 fire & lightning resist and -50% cold resist. Then when arctic breath hits, it deals cold + lightning which causes the monster to gain 25% cold & lightning and -50% fire resist. I got the wand before I switched to EE and I thought EE would check for each element hit and reduce the 3rd resist by 100% if I hit it with 2 other elements which I found out to be incorrect as it only checks once and reduce it by 50%. My overall lightning damage is quite minimal and I don't really care if the mobs gain 25% lightning resist from it. I will try to switch to a better wand later on but at the moment I'm trying to upgrade other pieces.
"
oliverlin111 wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
oliverlin111 wrote:

Elemental Equilibrium's effect: Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements.

From poe wiki: If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

Based on what I understand for EE, my spells deal their respective element + lightning. So when fireball hits, it deals fire + lightning causing the monster to gain +25 fire & lightning resist and -50% cold resist. Then when arctic breath hits, it deals cold + lightning which causes the monster to gain 25% cold & lightning and -50% fire resist. I got the wand before I switched to EE and I thought EE would check for each element hit and reduce the 3rd resist by 100% if I hit it with 2 other elements which I found out to be incorrect as it only checks once and reduce it by 50%. My overall lightning damage is quite minimal and I don't really care if the mobs gain 25% lightning resist from it. I will try to switch to a better wand later on but at the moment I'm trying to upgrade other pieces.

Now I had my coffee and I am awake.
Ignore what I said, the wand is fine.
As long as you are not using a lightning skill on barrage links it will be fine.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 27, 2015, 1:48:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info