[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

So I'm having a blast with this build, first time I have ever got into mapping. Currently just statred running on T6 maps. One thing I'm striggling with is maps with any kind of reflect on. I have just over 4.5K life at level 75.

Would anyone mind having a quick look at my character and offering any tips please?

Also, I managed to get thorugh Merciless Lab, but had to switch my helmet out from Abyssus to be able to tank the final room. I'm wondering if there is something wrong in my playstyle.
Last edited by Woozywyvern on Sep 27, 2018, 3:43:34 AM
"
Woozywyvern wrote:
So I'm having a blast with this build, first time I have ever got into mapping. Currently just statred running on T6 maps. One thing I'm striggling with is maps with any kind of reflect on. I have just over 4.5K life at level 75.

Would anyone mind having a quick look at my character and offering any tips please?

Also, I managed to get thorugh Merciless Lab, but had to switch my helmet out from Abyssus to be able to tank the final room. I'm wondering if there is something wrong in my playstyle.

your profile is private so we can't see your build.

As for reflect maps, just don't do them. If you roll a reflect mod, use a chaos for a new set of mods.
Ok thanks - I've made it so that my profile is viewable now.
Last edited by Woozywyvern on Sep 27, 2018, 5:01:43 AM
"
4lin wrote:
@DissTurbo nice i like your setup smart one xD
what are the gems u switch for bosses?

Thanks man, I swap melee splash and ancestral call for ruthless and damage on full life. I stand aside with full hp and let the boys do the smashin' :P
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
Protostar wrote:
"
DissTurbo wrote:
What do you guys think?

Where are you getting your bleed from? I like the gear though. It's very similar to what I'm running except I have warchief in a 4 link with chance to bleed,crit,and faster attacks. Also I run a Taste of Hate instead of Lion's Roar.

tree nodes on the left - razor's edge and bleed chance. With high attack speed 25% is more than enough.

I was thinking about lion's roar to ToH swap simply because of annoying knockback. Besides the armor bonus provided by flask is pointless as i already have perma 90% without LR. I'll probably test it tonight.

As per warchief i might take it if i decide to take off Kaom's roots. At the moment my priority would be getting abyssus enchant with chance for double damage to bleeding enemies :)
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
Here is a tip I saw that I am going to start using.

For the rare times you have to walk into a boss fight with no endurance charges active, swap in the belt called Gluttony for a second or so. It will immediately start damaging your character a little which will generate the charges. Once the charges are maxes, swap back to your regular belt and head into the boss.

Just find the cheapest Gluttony belt someone will sell you. They are in the Jewel orb pricing range so everyone can afford it.
"
Woozywyvern wrote:
Ok thanks - I've made it so that my profile is viewable now.

ok thanks.

* The first thing to upgrade for maps is your off hand weapon. You still have the first one equipped from level 5.

You can pick up an early end game weapon for a tiny amount of currency that will greatly effect your character. You can pick up a really cheap Nebuloch if you want to get started for like 15c.

Then as you generate currency, continue to look to improve that weapon.

* One easy change I would make would be to toss the quick silver flask. Your Whirling Blades should give you more than enough movement speed for the build especially since you invested in Bloodmagic for the blades.
In The Quicksilver's place you can slot something like Atziri's Promise which will give you a nice boost in damage.

*Now that you have the 3rd lab point, you have no need to self cast enduring cry any more. In its place you can slot another skill. We have been experimenting with using Vaal Ancestral War chief in that slot. I like it so far.

* Assuming you are not trying to magic find, upgrade both your rings. You can find extremely cheap upgrades that will make your build better both offensively and defensively

* The big one you already know and that is work your way to saving up for a 6 link chest.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 27, 2018, 11:48:20 AM
How do we make a enemy bleed if bloodlust is preventing Double Strike from causing bleed? Me and my friend have been discussing it for awhile and can't figure it out.

Thank you. Sorry for the noob question
"
wildleprecaun wrote:
How do we make a enemy bleed if bloodlust is preventing Double Strike from causing bleed? Me and my friend have been discussing it for awhile and can't figure it out.

Thank you. Sorry for the noob question

Two methods:

1) If you want to use Bloodlust, you need to have two separate gem setups. One for Vaal Double Strike and one for Double Strike.

Double Strike in your 6 Link Chest and Vaal Double Strike(with Bloodlust) in your offhand weapon with some Pseudo sockets.

Look at my character for an example. This way Double Strike can create the bleed and is not truncated by Bloodlust which is only paired with Vaal Double Strike

2) If you want to keep only one set of gems for both Double Strike and Vaal Double Strike and also use Bloodlust, you can pair Chance to Bleed with Ancestral War Chief. This is a totem you drop on a boss and let the War Chief create the bleed and then unleash your Vaal Double Strike clones and watch him melt.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 27, 2018, 8:21:30 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 27, 2018, 8:18:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info