[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Are the pseudo 6 Linked shaper swords better than Neboloch with all the juicy stats tied to Endurance charges for the off hand at end game?

vaal double strike in your mainhead only gets benefits from the skills on your mainhead. THe offhand is not that important, unless you find another good elder weapon and put some skills in it. (not sure if 2x vaal double strike works)

Its pretty easy to find a 5L elder weapon for the start, if you want a good 6L weapon, this is where it starts to get expensive.
Last edited by Camatoo on Sep 22, 2018, 9:45:39 AM
not even standard viable, this build it sucks i die on t2 maps with elem capped and followed the build on every letter so still no chance to make it trought i dont get it wtf is wrong with this but cant manage to see the beautifull marauder not die like a fly
Last edited by x4linx on Sep 22, 2018, 10:17:41 AM
"
Camatoo wrote:
"
Are the pseudo 6 Linked shaper swords better than Neboloch with all the juicy stats tied to Endurance charges for the off hand at end game?

vaal double strike in your mainhead only gets benefits from the skills on your mainhead. THe offhand is not that important, unless you find another good elder weapon and put some skills in it. (not sure if 2x vaal double strike works)

I was not talking about the main hand.

I was asking if the Shaped weapons for the off hand are better for this build than the Mace Neboloch which has some direct synergy with this build.

I will probably try both but in looking at some end game builds it appears that if you can get a good pseudo 6l weapon in your off hand it is better for the build overall.
If and when this build starts to take care of the mana by itself, I think this is going to be my favorite build ever.

I have probably played about 12 different builds deep into maps over the years and never have I had one just obliterate bosses like this. I mean it is like "click-click" and they are toast.

The only boss so far that did not turn to dust was Izarro and that is because you can't use Vaal Double Strike against him with out waiting out a bunch of adds.

Luckily the clearing version of double strike was still strong enough for now (first ascendancy point).

Level 47 and nothing even close to a death accept for one bad play in a lab trap and not having a bleeding flask yet. In terms of bad guys, I barely see my health move yet.

I can't wait to see how this scales from mid game to end game.

I am starting act 5 today.
Last edited by ChickyWaWa on Sep 22, 2018, 8:21:29 PM
"

I was asking if the Shaped weapons for the off hand are better for this build than the Mace Neboloch which has some direct synergy with this build.

I will probably try both but in looking at some end game builds it appears that if you can get a good pseudo 6l weapon in your off hand it is better for the build overall.

The defensive benefits of Nebuloch are the only reason to use it IMO. 5-6% Reduced Elemental Dmg Taken + 8% Reduced Elemental Dmg taken from Ascendancy = 14% Reduced Ele Dmg Taken.

Not bad, as the build can feel squishy on high Tier maps especially with Elemental Weakness and certain attacks (*#4king lightning totems.)

Overall Nebuloch IS a pretty good DPS boost for your normal Double Strike. I get about 163K with Nebuloch vs 165K with my shaped stick. However the single target dmg boost from a good 6L is massive.

I'm currently doing 303K Single Target / 68k Clones with this setup:

When I switch to Nebuloch my Vaal DS drops down to 145K single target / 33K Clones roughly half the damage output.

Neither options are bad, but it comes down to prioritizing DPS or Defense whichever would be better for you. No reason you can't swap if you're getting owned in a map. Even 33K Vaal DS Clones is more than enough to shred and your overall clear speed shouldn't drop either.

Nebuloch is certainly cheaper than finding a 6L shaper stat stick worth using.

"

Level 47 and nothing even close to a death accept for one bad play in a lab trap and not having a bleeding flask yet. In terms of bad guys, I barely see my health move yet.

I can't wait to see how this scales from mid game to end game.

It's pretty good. One of my favorite chars I've ever made as well. Definitely my favorite melee build. I think 99% of my deaths have been from lag. If you can stay light on your feet and dodge one-shotters with Whirling Blades it's quite survivable in end-game. I've done T14 maps with little difficulty.

I have been one shotted multiple times though, the build isn't the tankiest ever and I have 920 Regen / 82% Phys Dmg Reduction / 6K Life. A lot of the problem is standing still in the wrong moments when you should be dodging and spamming totem so there's definitely some learning curve to staying alive in end-game. I'm certainly not there yet.

Still a blast to play though. Love shredding bosses xD
"
x4linx wrote:
not even standard viable, this build it sucks i die on t2 maps with elem capped and followed the build on every letter so still no chance to make it trought i dont get it wtf is wrong with this but cant manage to see the beautifull marauder not die like a fly

maybe you are just bad?
"
Abletto wrote:

Still a blast to play though. Love shredding bosses xD

Thanks for all the info! I like your setup. I may experiment as I am going along.

I think I am in a good spot right now.

Just about to start act 6

Level: 50
Life: 2560
DPS in hideout (clearing): 6720
Resists: all capped except Chaos
Phy Damage Reduction: 55%
Bloodrage can now be sustained
Mana is sustained now

With mana finally being sustained I can now concentrate on Endurance Charges instead of popping mana every 3 seconds.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 22, 2018, 4:01:59 PM
Having a blast with the game thanks to you and amazing community members who helps newbies, thank you all :)
"

Just about to start act 6

Level: 50
Life: 2560
DPS in hideout (AOE double strike clearing): 6720
Phy Damage Reduction: 55%
Bloodrage can now be sustained
Mana is sustained now

As a comparison for people who want to compare their scaling, I am just starting maps with the following stats.

Level: 77
Life: 4941
DPS in hideout (AOE double strike clearing): 50k
Phy Damage Reduction: 52%

This build sings when mapping.

6 Endurance Charges
3 Power Charges
3 Frenzy Charges

All charges are active and easily sustained through out a map.

Still waiting to go for my last ascendancy point but that should be soon.

I am experimenting with different flasks combos right now but I am close to settling on:

Panic Life(Bleed), Sulphur(Freeze), Diamond, Lion's Roar, and Atziri's Promise

The 4 utility flasks seem really easy to maintain through out a map as they fill as fast as I need them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info