[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"
LordGreywolf wrote:
thx Husker I do prefer LS over MS

unfortunately I could only afford a non-legacy mjolner [make matters worse two days after buying it I had one drop in the corrupted zone in dried lake]

trying to sell stuff to buy a legacy mjolner but its a struggle. also had to add in a 4% mana reserve due to the lack of a +1 socket voidbringers so I could run PoL and PoF and Grace

hoping i can get the legacy gavel sooner rather then latter.

Cheers
LGW

Edit: Also with regards to RF been struggling to keep my life up having to life and ruby pot continuously. is it required? or is there something else I could use. Not used RF much and most of that required rise of the phoenix. my PoF is still not lvl 21...

For mapping i run Blood Rage, for Uber bosses i run RF. Even without l21 PoF you should be able to sustain it if you have your flask up at all times (for bosses that is).

I tried some new stuff. Dropped IR to make room for another powercharge, to reach 5/5/3 charges. Dropped grace and replaced it with AA. This time I did two Uber runs with this setup, also switching out IW for LPen, to be able to run Concentrated Effect for all bosses. It was a breeze, only died to lag during trash lol. Even trio was very easy once and I could facetank them.

I don't know if this setup is optimal but at least for Uber it is working really well. Concentrated Effect is definitely a must during Uber bosses, it beats everything I've tried so far.

Current setup:

Spoiler

Tree

Would be even more awesome with another 2-3 levels, to regain IW or put points in accuracy/spell damage/life%.
Ingame: ReExist
Last edited by deadbyt3 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:35:21 AM
Well I got my Chest Recoloured to GGGRRR ready for LS colour change.

Currently using MS +GMP +LMP +Multistrike +FA +BM

Will change it to LS +Multistrike +BM +GMP +FA +Fortify after 2.1.0 is released. [I prefer LS it feels so much faster then MS.]

I could drop off GMP out of the LS set up, just not sure what other Green gem there is to utilize in the set that would increase the LS against bosses. Faster Projectiles maybe?? [It didn't take much to get the RRRGGG i think about 10 chromes and 3 vorcci's and I got it]

Was using Molten shell +RF +CWDT but decided to try out Leap slam +FA +Fortify... but I do prefer the Fortify with the main melee attack keeps it up longer as I usually forget to leap or I miss the target and Fortify doesn't kick in. [So might go give the RF/Molten shell/CWDT another try]

Still saving for legacy Mjolner but only small pocket change so far...

Cheers
LGW

Last edited by LordGreywolf on Dec 10, 2015, 3:16:56 PM
Can one of you guys who've killed Uber please tell me what your Max charge dps is on discharge? I haven't got any spell dmg / crit on my jewels and feel like the damage may be a bit too low. Just wanna do a rough comparison. (On tree, no other dmg nodes except the 5 witch-start nodes).

at 4/4/3 charges, my Discharge's dmg is - 11006.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
All my recent deaths were from the Corrupting Blood nemesis mod on monsters. I usually barely have time to use my staunching flask. Can we counter it somehow?
Last edited by Garfunkel on Dec 10, 2015, 4:30:16 PM
"
LordGreywolf wrote:
Well I got my Chest Recoloured to GGGRRR ready for LS colour change.

Currently using MS +GMP +LMP +Multistrike +FA +BM

The problem is you do need MS for bosses.
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
Can one of you guys who've killed Uber please tell me what your Max charge dps is on discharge? I haven't got any spell dmg / crit on my jewels and feel like the damage may be a bit too low. Just wanna do a rough comparison. (On tree, no other dmg nodes except the 5 witch-start nodes).

At Uber and 4/4/0 with ligh.penetration my Discharge´s dmg was 12K
Now (not Uber tested) at 5/5/3 Blood Rage+C.Effect my Discharge´s dmg is 35.6K and 61.3K with RF up

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
deadbyt3 wrote:

I don't know if this setup is optimal but at least for Uber it is working really well. Concentrated Effect is definitely a must during Uber bosses, it beats everything I've tried so far.

Conc effect damage is placebo because lightning pen damage is so low, IW beats them EASILY on your build.
Average damage on conc effect proc is around 4880 and on IW proc is 5405, while lpen is at 4341... so ofc after using LPEN you might think conc is better.

In the best possible situation for discharge where you get 5 charges each Conc effect will do 7742 per proc and IW 8226 per proc.

Here is the math i posted here a few weeks ago, people using Lpen are just following some bad calculation/estimation... trust me I'm an engineer ;p

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3u5x4b/mjolner_iron_will_vs_lpen_vs_conc_effect_math/
"
husker3011 wrote:
"
deadbyt3 wrote:

Conc effect damage is placebo because lightning pen damage is so low, IW beats them EASILY on your build.
Average damage on conc effect proc is around 4880 and on IW proc is 5405, while lpen is at 4341... so ofc after using LPEN you might think conc is better.

In the best possible situation for discharge where you get 5 charges each Conc effect will do 7742 per proc and IW 8226 per proc.

Here is the math i posted here a few weeks ago, people using Lpen are just following some bad calculation/estimation... trust me I'm an engineer ;p

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3u5x4b/mjolner_iron_will_vs_lpen_vs_conc_effect_math/

Hmm, that was an interesting read. I think I might switch over to Iron Will. But your calculations seem to be taking curse's resistance reduction into account. What if you don't use elemental weakness curse? Will Iron will still be a better choice than Light Pen / Conc Effect?

Btw -

Got this gem today cuz my spell damage seemed so low. I think I might pick up a 6th jewel slot at the top left corner of the tree. The two 4% spell dmg nodes + the jewel would give about 47% dmg boost. Still not sure if I should exalt the jewel.

Edit -

Yolo Exalted it. Would've been great if I had got lightning spell crit chance. Does the fire crit chance work with discharge?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
Last edited by Le_Sanzo on Dec 11, 2015, 7:40:05 AM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:

As such extra crit chance on the ring is nice for the discharge, but counter productive for your moltens trike & charge generation.

Actually it doesn't almost affect Molten Strike as it already has low crit chance. Whether you have 7 or 8% crit chance for MS doesn't matter. But ,say, 25% global crit chance on a diamond ring gives substantial value to your spell crit chance buffed by passives.

Very true. But if you struggle to fill resists, the diamond ring would be the first one I'd swap (personally).

"
Le_Sanzo wrote:

There's a lot more to damage than just pure DPS. Your APS on molten strike (the higher, the more discharges you get) as well as accuracy will play a huge role too.

I'm sitting at 5.15APS unbuffed and 5.56APS with blood rage.

24.8k DPS with 5/5/3 charges up and 17.9k with 5/5/0 (you'll hardly ever have frenzy charges up).
That's with IW (only level 17 atm). With concentrated effect I'm sitting at 40.5k and 29.4k respectively.

Chance to hit is 88% on MS. 6.5% chance to crit unbuffed, 19% with 5 power charges up.
On DC - 29.75% chance to crit unbuffed and 47.25% with 5 power charges up. 228% crit multi.

Legacy vs non legacy mjölner will also make a pretty big difference (as you're discharging much more often).

Another thing to consider is if you just use GMP or both GMP & LMP (again more discharges with more balls). I'm only using GMP (as I use fortify and BM in my links).

I wouldn't worry too much about DPS. As long as you can keep your flasks up, you can facetank most content. It just takes more time.

Edit: Will be messing around in the Talisman league (different build though). If you need any help/questions answered, just send me a PM.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 11, 2015, 10:17:34 AM
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:

Hmm, that was an interesting read. I think I might switch over to Iron Will. But your calculations seem to be taking curse's resistance reduction into account. What if you don't use elemental weakness curse? Will Iron will still be a better choice than Light Pen / Conc Effect?

As noted in the post, ignoring all curses, mob has to have more lightning resist than 62% for arc setup or 65.5% for ball lightning setup for Lpen to be equal.

AFTER cursing there is no mob which would take more damage from Lpen than IW even with curse reduction mod.

Since uber bosses have 30% resistance my calculation was done with that (ignoring curse) and the numbers per proc are shown correctly on reddit post, if I were to take curse into consideration the difference would be much more and IW would stomp everything.

Keep in mind that this math applies to when you have moderately 100-150% spell/ele damage from tree and it might change if you go low life and have 300-400% spell damage from tree.
Last edited by husker3011 on Dec 11, 2015, 11:19:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info