[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

Im pretty sure the main reason for staying life based is kingsguard. Also, you don't really need a huge ehp pool when you have crazy damage reduction.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Sep 10, 2015, 5:01:01 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Why do you guys bother with EB/MoM when you could just go hybrid ghost reaver? I made hybrid work for Scold's VMS incinerate and CoC discharge (killed uber with both in Warbands), so I think it can be good for Mjolner too. There was a hybrid mjolner build posted but he deleted his thread so I'm curious what you guys think. Is there anything about mjolner that would make hybrid unviable? I would try to come up with a tree but you guys have tricky sustain/str/int req issues that I'd rather just ask.

we dont have any pure "life leech", so ghost weaver is out. and even so, its further away from our main path, meaning more points spent. Also, this version is stupid tanky. Ive facetanked palace dom smash on my char.

"
Is it at all possible to do this without a Voll's Devotion? Just found my first Mjolnir and I understand it wouldn't be as effective without Voll's, but could it still be decent?

you will need to use life gain on hit for sustain, and it wont be nearly as effective, but it would work, yes =)

EDIT: Uber vids should be up?
Last edited by Viviere on Sep 10, 2015, 7:14:48 AM
Question about level 100 EB/MoM build:
Since you are not using RF, why not adapt the build, running as blood magic or +lmp doesn't matter, remove EB/MoM and just have 7k EHP which replenishes while you hit stuff?

You gain 6 passives like that, and running lmp extra (if you can) means you can maybe remove one ES gain on hit jewel to benefit more from other stuff, add some HP for even more HP, avoid losing 300 HP/sec due to running blood magic which means more tankyness, grab extra endurance charge by 2 points which increases dps, so on and so forth.

Don't know if running EB/MoM is worth it if you have that kind of gear. (Only exception being righteous fire, which you don't use anyway for maps that need this kind of tankyness).

Without RF, EB/MoM doesn't seem useful at all to me.

Edit: This can make a 4th build, named as ES gain on hit Tank :) Also life gain on hit instead of blood magic is also possible to have reliable life recovery up at ALL times.
Last edited by Mothren on Sep 10, 2015, 10:59:32 AM
anyway in this buuld we experiece a "positive" bug ;) greets !!!
"
Mothren wrote:
Since you are not using RF, why not adapt the build, running as blood magic or +lmp doesn't matter, remove EB/MoM and just have 7k EHP which replenishes while you hit stuff?

You gain 6 passives like that, and running lmp extra (if you can) means you can maybe remove one ES gain on hit jewel to benefit more from other stuff, add some HP for even more HP, avoid losing 300 HP/sec due to running blood magic which means more tankyness, grab extra endurance charge by 2 points which increases dps, so on and so forth.

Don't know if running EB/MoM is worth it if you have that kind of gear. (Only exception being righteous fire, which you don't use anyway for maps that need this kind of tankyness).

Edit: This can make a 4th build, named as ES gain on hit Tank :) Also life gain on hit instead of blood magic is also possible to have reliable life recovery up at ALL times.

We have over 1000 ES that goes to "waste". for 6 points, that ES will will get "added" to our life pool through MoM. there is no way that 6 points can get us that much life elsewhere, and additionally, if you are not tanking super heavy sustained damage, you can drop blood magic anyway and run eighter life on hit or LMP (i useually run lmp, krux runs BM. and BM is a bit safer, thats why its in the guide). Then your autos will be also fueled by your ES, while still being able to reserve 100% of our mana.

if that made no sense, sorry. just trust us ;)
comfirm makes sense.
good job.
"
Viviere wrote:
"
Mothren wrote:

We have over 1000 ES that goes to "waste". for 6 points, that ES will will get "added" to our life pool through MoM. there is no way that 6 points can get us that much life elsewhere, and additionally, if you are not tanking super heavy sustained damage, you can drop blood magic anyway and run eighter life on hit or LMP (i useually run lmp, krux runs BM. and BM is a bit safer, thats why its in the guide). Then your autos will be also fueled by your ES, while still being able to reserve 100% of our mana.

if that made no sense, sorry. just trust us ;)

Well, what I am arguing specifically is, why not leave that ES as it is, use ES gain on hit, and VOILA, you have 7k EHP, or very close to it, since you can regenerate over 500 ES per second (ES doesnt go to waste at all, since you have 6 attacks per second and consistently pumping ES anyway, only difference is ES is getting beat on 100% instead of 30%, which is harsher but can be compensated with life nodes from tree). No need to spend 6 points for EB / MoM when you are NOT using RF or blood rage.

Sorry if I couldn't make myself more clear on first explanation.
Last edited by Mothren on Sep 10, 2015, 2:48:22 PM
"
Mothren wrote:

Well, what I am arguing specifically is, why not leave that ES as it is, use ES gain on hit, and VOILA, you have 7k EHP, or very close to it, since you can regenerate over 500 ES per second. No need to spend 6 points for EB / MoM when you are NOT using RF or blood rage.

Sorry if I couldn't make myself more clear on first explanation.

Well, for myself, i use those points to gain an extra socket, and drop blood magic. nevertheless: What you are saying is true, but the problem is that the ES gain on hit will not be able to sustain the energy shield if you are taking constant damage. with MoM, the ES is still there, and it is still leaching, the difference is that it only drops by 30% of any medium-small sized incoming hit. And its not the smaller hits that i am afraid of. its the big ones. ill give you an example:

immagine fightning a boss of any kind that has a fair amount of sustained damage, and then one big hit (think voll in 81 map). With EB/MoM the sustained damage you take has little effect. both your life leech, and your ES leech can keep up, because only 30% of your ES dissapears for each hit. when the big hit comes, you still have full health, and full ES, and you barely survive the smash.

In the other example, as you decribed, 100% of the incoming damage will first try to penetrate the energy shield. Your life leech is several thousand each second, so your life bar can keep up with any damage that hits you, but your ES pool cannot. He simply deals more damage to your energy shield than your ES on hit can keep up with. When the smash comes, you do no longer have the 1 k ES that you had earlier as a buffer. the smash kills you

This is a crude example, but it illustrates my point. if you wanna argue that a smash has wind up, so you should be able to leech back the ES in time anyway, immagine tha same scenario, but with a crit from a high damage rare mob instead of a boss smash.

the difference is fairly negligable, but still, i personally prefer "better safe than sorry" =)
I can understand that, and yeah, its a matter of choice, but I think for min-maxing, we should do the math sometime or have some testing for this (PoE has many points of interest, min-max is my weakness).

For example, if we allocate all 6 points into the 5% nodes in the life wheel, this makes 30% increased life.

You have 178 + 7 + 6 + 5 + 7 + 7 = 210% increased life. At 5884 life, this means you have 1898 base life multiplied with 3.1.

Now we multiply that with 3.4 (30% increased life from nodes) to get: 6453 life.

That is 569 increased life (not bad, will be even more with better gear which has more +life). From my calculations, since you get 500 ES per second, this leaves the option open for gearing for armor or armor/evasion gear to increase your armor more and drop other ES pieces.

Well, for frequent small hits, if your tests have shown that your HP cannot keep up at full, then thats another problem and offloading 70% of damage at HP and rest on ES might be actually the go to way.

Can Krux test 6453 HP version sometime? It will take 6 regrets which is not much, and of course the time to do uber, but science will prevail! :)

Finally, I really would wish to see a level 100 marauder do this build, way more tanky due to being able to skip 72% spell damage nodes at witch start :)

Thanks for all the build ideas, learned my fair share of stuff from the thread.
Last edited by Mothren on Sep 10, 2015, 3:30:53 PM
Hey all, just got back home. Had no time to play today. Bit tired, so excuse me if I didn't follow the discussion here properly.

First off, I'm always up for some testing. That's what made this build so interesting to me, as it always showed lots of potential and plenty of room to tinker with.

Secondly, if the 6 points that were suggested for re-arrangement elsewhere, in order to run with 6453 life, are supposed to come from dropping EB, I'm not so sure about that. At 5884 life + 1115 es, I sit at 6999 ehp. If I get gear pieces that have more life and es that's only bound to go up.

Again, I'm dead tired and about to go to bed, apologies if I understood anything incorrectly here :D

Atm, we're planning some testing in 82 Core, but after that's done I can rearrange stuff around in the name of science :D
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Last edited by Krux on Sep 10, 2015, 6:53:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info