[2.0] 1h Wild Strike Critter aka "Ele Everywhere"!

"
raggapaul wrote:
Phys damage nodes are better than elemental nodes!

You do 60% converted damage, rest is phys.

Base damage: 40 phys + 60 elemental = 100 damage
10% phys node: 44 phys + 66 elemental = 110 damage
10% elemental node: 40 phys + 66 elemental = 106 damage

Elemental damage is a nice bonus on belts and other items, but you should always prefer phys nodes.

But wild strike is two hits

Melee hit + elemental hit.

Are both hits the same conversion? 40 phys + 60 elemental?
Hi kids, story time with big papa.

Let me show you what the real way to properly scale Wild Strike should look like. I've only used and tested this build on hardcore, so yes its obviously HC viable and is viable for a first character as this is my first character in Tempest. I ran blue gear through cruel, basically till I hit 60.

http://www.twitch.tv/enesoh/v/9005373 Just fast forward to 2 hours in. You can see a display of the build running through an act or two in merciless.

I play Tempest League only. Started it as a marauder. I've modified the build slightly, and since then I now run 60% chaos dmg on top of my ele and phys. This makes it so reflect will never kill me because I don't run a pure phys OR elemental, making the reflect much less effective (I also run a CWDT setup with Warlord Mark and Immortal call just to be safe). I'm also running Kaom's Heart now so I'm around 5khp. After I've totally optimized my gear (and have gotten a couple more skill points) I will be sitting well around 10k+ hp.

Maybe I'll post a tutorial of my build later. Just wanted to tell you all, that running wild strike as a 1hander crit/curse on hit/ power charge/ frenzy /endurance charge shadow is completely damn wrong.

Why?

You can't scale your damage for shit properly with just a 1 hander + shield and ele dmg. Dual wielding yes, but 1hander + shield, no. The skill is based on a 60% conversion of your PHYSICAL damage. 2hander is much better for this aspect. The only reason I say dual wielding can work is because the absurd aspd from dual wielding makes up for the pure damage loss. But, running the build that I do, I'm at about 6 attacks per second because I run onslaught on top of frenzy charges. I also get free frenzy charges simply from blood rage, so I dont need to go out of my way to get frenzy. Its true, you can scale this build with pure ele dmg. But, pure ele dmg can only get you so far with a 60% conversion on your low DPS 1 hander. There really isn't a lot of pure ele dmg on the passive tree and theres only so much you can get from gear. Unless you plan to invest tons of extra points into getting select elemental dmg (such as lightning, fire, cold). This is impractical because its a tri elemental skill and if you invest points in 1 specific element you are only typically effectively using 33% of the skill and the other 66% of the skill is weaker. You must evenly scale it so that all aspects of the skill is powerful and at max potential. Complicated right? Try to keep up boys.

Next, curse on hit is A VERY BAD MECHANIC TO RELY ON (with this build specifically, and generally in most builds tbh) . Relying on curses is ironically unreliable, impractical, and inconsistent simply because there are tons of rare mobs that have "Immunity to Curses" mods or map mods with immunity to curse. Its a really bad mechanic to use in a build like this and you are better off using your links on a CWDT Setup (I have an immortal call setup).

Power charges? What the fuck? LOL. YOU DON'T NEED CRIT TO MAKE THIS BUILD EFFECTIVE. On top of that, you have 0 ways to mitigate a freak accident when a ele reflect mob with fracture rapes you. So there you go, not only can you not do Immunity to curse maps, but you also can't do reflect maps, GG. You realize, crit will only effectively make your arch stronger? Your flame explosion and ice pulse doesn't have enough radius to effectively aoe clear. It sounds like you are heavily relying on your arc to do DPS, this is incredibly inefficient. You are attempting to run endurance, power, AND frenzy charges. On top of that you are wanting to get block, evasion, and every other stat in the world. I am utterly confused at what direction you are trying to go because none of it makes sense at all.

Although you are running endurance charges, you maybe have 40-50% phys reduction (not including fortify) max, if that even. With a proper set up you should easily be running 70%+ phys reduction. You also have a tiny hp pool of 3k-4k. Lol. Although you have a bit of evasion, arctic armor, and block its not gonna cut it on the high end more difficult maps. Why? Because your stats are spread so thinly across everything. You tried to grab EVA, Armor, Phys reduction, the list goes on.

So to end this rant about how awful this build is, I'll just hit the quick points on how you SHOULD play/scale wild strike. Damage wise, you should scale either pure phys or do a hybrid phys/ele since the conversion on this skill is only 60%. The rest is all phys dmg. You CAN do a pure ele dmg build however, the damage will definitely be lower as it is extremely difficult to find a high roll tri ele 2hander with %+ elemental damage for weapons stat. But if you can find an axe with an EDPS of 300-500, I do recommend you do a pure ele dmg build 5-6 linked with a phys to lightning gem as this will effectively make it stronger than a pure phys build. Physical to lightning will convert the rest of the damage to lightning, so all your damage will be 100% elemental, rather than a 60% conversion.

Defense wise, just stack hp, armor, and cap all resists. Simple as that. Don't go crazy with a bunch of weird unnecessary shit. Stick to the basics.

Personally, I have modified my build to effectively have a 60% bonus chaos damage scaling off my phys. So I am currently running a hybrid high phys/ elemental / chaos damage wildstrike.

Anyway, I'll post a guide on how to properly scale wildstrike later probably. But for god sakes don't post your crappy builds for other people to try and get killed on over and over again. Its a complete waste of time. At least put some thought process into your crap build before posting it. This build is 100% not endgame viable due to the lack of defenses and I strongly advise against anyone trying this build especially in any hardcore mode/league.
"
Enesoh wrote:

Let me show you what the real way to properly scale Wild Strike should look like. I've only used and tested this build on hardcore, so yes its obviously HC viable and is viable for a first character as this is my first character in Tempest. I ran blue gear through cruel, basically till ...

...Anyway, I'll post a guide on how to properly scale wildstrike later probably. But for god sakes don't post your crappy builds for other people to try and get killed on over and over again. Its a complete waste of time. At least put some thought process into your crap build before posting it. This build is 100% not endgame viable due to the lack of defenses and I strongly advise against anyone trying this build especially in any hardcore mode/league.

Welcome, you must be new here :)
Last edited by Goggy on Jul 31, 2015, 2:11:17 PM
"
Enesoh wrote:

While you had some good points to add to the viability of Wild Strike as a skill in hardcore, I dont believe bashing someone for posting their build to a BUILD forum isn't the way to go.

On a side note. I would enjoy a video of this build in action, Ragga.
oh I was getting excited to try the build before 'papa' came in and enlightened us.
I am playing 2handed sword duelist so I read every line with interest. I also one of those who want everything in the world LOL. I got side skill set Frenzy+ECoMS+Fortify+MS on left mouse. Just that when clearing packs, it doesn't matter much...unless they can survive a few hits, like blue packs or rares.

some setup also ruined when in party, as some things only work on 'on kill' like heralds, ice bite or innervate, and curse, etc

a video of gameplay is much appreciated :)

haha actually I love the skill so much I had 2 build. one was 1h-shield mara, but RT.
anyway, I learn from everywhere I can :)
Could I potentially run this build on CI?

I am asking because I was planning to do my CI Flicker striker but somehow would like to transition to Wild Strike instead. The build is fairly similar so far. Only that I didnt pick up that much life ...
Skill tree links broken?

EDIT: PoE database got completely shut down, meaning tree will need to be made on another site/program. RIP q_q
Last edited by Dark_Laser on Sep 6, 2015, 10:46:46 AM
Can u share your last skill tree?
yeaaah all skill tree links are broke :(
Can someone please share this skill tree again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info