2.0.0d Patch Notes

"
Secksy wrote:
This is dumb.

Knee-jerk reaction to new players and people who only are going to play for a few weeks.

It hasn't even been out 3 days yet...people have crap gear and are still learning the fight.

I was actually having fun, it was a challenge. I hate hate hate that GGG has been making everything easier.

Hailrake is stupid easy, and that boss used to set the pace for new players to understand they had to think about fights.
All the bosses really. Every boss got nerfed.

I am super upset about this nerf...

I understand what you mean, however bear in mind that the game has to be balanced to be fun for a range of player types, from "normal" to "super-hardcore".

I appreciate (and love) that PoE is a hard game, and there is a lot of hard end game content for hardcore min-maxers to choose from. Hell, they can even adjust the difficulty to their own liking by rolling maps, and this is brillinat!

But Normal Malachai, for example, is a boss that is obligatory to move to the next difficulty and I have a friend who likes the game a lot, has been playing for 2 years now, and he would never ever be able to go past Normal Malachai. Not a chance. He is just not "good" enough at PoE. Still enjoys the game a lot and would like to play it.

See what I am getting at here?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
im a little bit disappointed about the warband league. its not rewarding at all i think.
I mean, Malachai fight felt right, hard as fuck but not unfair imo. Havent died so far, will see on cruel. I guess changes are OK, unless is untouched on merciless :^)
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
just out of curiousity... if there were some legacy leech kept then why is my claw not legacy leech?

Who Are We? Where do we come from?
The thing is that he wasn't really that hard.

It is a fight of mechanics..it isn't a rush in blindly face and dps. That is what gamers come to expect now I guess.

The fight is actually a classic style fight that I have played in many games over the years.
It is a sustain fight. You avoid the boss, and focus on the minions. There is a stream of minions to sustain your flasks.

You slowly work down the boss while focusing mostly on the minions. Then when there is a heart you widdle away at it.

The fight is supposed to take a while. It is a test of endurance.

This type of fight leaves you feeling awesome after you beat it. But now its like..meh..

I just killed him normal level appropriate and didn't even come close to dying a single time. I never even got half health.

Piety's miscreation form was harder than he was.

I just don't understand people....instead of calling for nerfs learn the encounter. If a player cannot progress past the final boss then it forces them to become better at the game. They enjoy it more.

The players that will quit because they have a hard time beating the boss are not the player type that drops money on the game anyway.

I'm salty.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Solution:

Ultra-League

1. Player damage decreased by 10% in Normal, 15% in Cruel, 20% in Merc
2. Enemy damage and hp increased by the same amount
3. Permanent Ruckus League
4. XP required to level increased by a graduating scale (+1% at level 1 – +99% at level 99)
5. 1 active char only, hardcore death, Stash is emptied, all Masters reset
6. All vendor gems set at Level 1

The goal would be to see who would get the farthest, and then to assign a prize to the top person still alive on that ladder. It would be Impossible to get to lvl 100, but that's the point. Insanity.
Patch caused me to crash bad. Had to fully uninstall and now downloading 6G from scratch. I had a backup ggpk, but it was 18 months old so I figured it wasn't worth messing with.
Disclaimer: While I did have a beta key, and did play Act 4 a bit, I never went past Lady Dialla (sp?) in crone form into the Belly.

I did the final fights last night on WB normal. Malachai; I had a couple close calls in phase 1 but no deaths. Phase 2, I died 4 times......due to ME NOT KNOWING the fight. First 2 deaths was 'coz I didnt realize I needed to kill the hearts. 3rd death, I simply lagged out in the midst of his tentacles. 4th death was the red circle of pain towards end of fight (stupidly stood in it hehehe).

Overall, for that fight I tend to agree with the Life reduction of his pool; but not really so much about his damage reduction.

A4 Piety fight to get into the Harvest, otoh........died 7 times. I personally didn't have an issue with the amount of damage she does (ummmm did). The issues I do have tho;

1) I am a bow ranger with no knockback passives (yet) nor gem. After the beam surprised me (read killed me) and i was staring at my big red buttons......she ran immediately to a corner.....and stayed either on the wall or in a corner for the entire rest of the fight!!!! That makes mitigating the beam damage extremely difficult, since the players don't have an inate ability to run thru walls.

2) When I resurrected from my deaths, I was still in the same room with Piety instead of outside at the gate.......made it damn near impossible to rebuff.

Again, I'm not sure if her damage needed toning down or not....BUT she does need to grow a set of ****'* and stop hugging the walls!!!

Overall tho, I like the new content.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
DrCheckmate wrote:
Solution:

Ultra-League

1. Player damage decreased by 10% in Normal, 15% in Cruel, 20% in Merc
2. Enemy damage and hp increased by the same amount
3. Permanent Ruckus League
4. XP required to level increased by a graduating scale (+1% at level 1 – +99% at level 99)
5. 1 active char only, hardcore death, Stash is emptied, all Masters reset
6. All vendor gems set at Level 1

The goal would be to see who would get the farthest, and then to assign a prize to the top person still alive on that ladder. It would be Impossible to get to lvl 100, but that's the point. Insanity.

Love it!

If this doesn't appeal to the true hardcore extremists, nothing will!

Only thing I'd add is a log-out/tp timer (2 steamboats) :)
Ever since this patch, I've not been able to connect to the login server. It's quite frustrating. I was planning on taking the night to check out the new update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info