Phase Run

Would be nice if Phase Run gave "More Melee Damage" (or even More Damage, for spells to work with it) instead of just Melee Physical.
"
Ymirok wrote:
Would be nice if Phase Run gave "More Melee Damage" (or even More Damage, for spells to work with it) instead of just Melee Physical.

Yes. It would be much nicer to use on a Wander if it was More Damage.
livejamie
I was thinking with how the meta has developed recently phase run could use a nice rework. Something along the lines of making single target melee skills viable again. Phase run could have a secondary effect where any enemy that you phased through is then marked with a special charge or something of the like where when you leave phase run with a melee attack (or maybe just single target melee so we wouldn't have things like 30 Ice crashes/Earthquakes) each marked enemy would also be hit with the skill you used. It would synergize well with the short melee damage buff that it already has while also bringing things like wild strike and glacial hammer into play again and could mix up melee play substantially with less of a focus on getting as much AOE as possible.

Just my thoughts on a currently underused and lack-luster skill gem
IGN - PMJ
"Performing any skill replaces this buff with one that boosts melee damage."
How long does that buff lingers? Will it apply to channeling attacks of charged dash if you initiate it while phase running?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
the buff lasts as long as it states (secondary duration) and i think is modified by skill effect duration modifiers.

If you have attack speed slower than the stated duration, it probably won't buff your attack (depends on the animation of attack, damage can come out on different time of the animation depending on your starting character and animation).

It won't be able to buff charged dash very easily, your best bet is while channeling you get cwdt to proc and you release with the damage buff.

I think it will work because in current state, last I checked, the skill seems to be granting damage buff through the entire duration of the movement buff as well instead of only after the phasing movement portion ends.
R.I.P phase run
I tried facebreakers gameplay with Phase run as movement skill and it sucks. It should be usable whilst moving. Cast time kills all fun and possibility to avoid things in combat. Quartz flask > Phase run.
Don't know about pvp, but it's useless skill with current mechanic.
Hi GGG,

I have had much confusion about this skill.

It seems the intention is for both a mix of defense and offense. In theory, it seems to work well.
However, on my melee frenzy raider my biggest concern was the SIGNIFICANT dps drop after using this skill. It would be the perfect skill to be used between packs, BUT the trade-off is too much.

I lose:
2% movement speed per frenzy charge (raider)
3% attack speed per frenzy charge (raider)
3% attack damage per frenzy charge (raider)
5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge (frenzy skill)
5% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge (frenzy skill)
4% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge (charge)
4% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge (charge)
4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge (charge)

If you have 9xfrenzy charges the losses are significant

Fix options:
1. Remove a smaller number of frenzy charges - so all bonuses are not lost.
2. For a short period allow player to keep these bonuses

It is disappointing that builds that have lots and excess frenzy charges are most harmed by this skill.
Last edited by Higglefrizz on Feb 22, 2018, 4:47:21 PM
Why doesn't the skill recast itself when you just hold the button down?
Why do you force me to click the button over an over? This behavior is distinctive from other skills.
I'm so sick of this artificial complexity that jumps in your face occasionally.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
I bought an abyss jewel I thought was just a gimmick (5% chance of 4 sec PR on kill) but I could SWEAR that using other skills does NOT cancel it. Also, thing procs literally ALL THE TIME. Granted I am killing a ton of trash, but the CANCEL on skill use I question...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info