Phase Run

This is how phase run should be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgoOvUplnI
He is using Quartz flasks instead.

Phase run should only change to phase 2 after using a direct skill. Not summoning minions/totems, trapping or (specially) mines.
I used this gem on my facebreaker and the reduced enemy reaction rate is very nice. Although you don't speed up your gameplay very much, the reducing enemy reaction rate helps one of the main weaknesses of facebreakers who spend too much time approaching enemies: the enemies get too much free time to attack you if they are ranged.

I also used this gem recently on my very first summoner character, to try to reduce the chance monsters' target me. Maybe I just suck at playing summoners but I feel it doesn't matter because my damn minions just move too slowly behind me to draw attention when engaging in a fight, and when I 'focus fire' them on a far area, casting phase run seems to count as casting a spell on myself, causing the minions to stupidly run back to me.

I think phase run's secondary affect needs a longer base duration of about 0.5 seconds, often you may start a leap slam and before you even hit an enemy the buff expires, or an attack such as sweep and ground slam which has an additional propagation time where the hits occur throughout the period of the attack...

It also would help melee in pvp because they often involve finding a good way to approach and rushing the opponents which this would increase effectiveness of a bit, providing a short damage boost in the rush!
"
ffogell wrote:
Why does this gem are more physical damage buff and not more damage ?

This gem is usefull for any type of build, why it is melee centric for the buff ?

Yea will be great if it is just "physical damage" instead of "melee physical damage"...

I playing bow build now, though it isn't exactly useful to mitigate damage especially when attacking as it dispelled immediately anyway... More like it is used when I am running around not doing attack / speed run though area and get the speed buff...
What about second's effect duration. Doest modified in same way as prior?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
I think it needs more speed and the frenzy charges should tic off instead of being consumed all at once; especially if the duration of secondary effect cant be altered.
I'm not sure about the impact of my sugestion if applied to Phase Run but I think this gem should have "Increase Damage (any type)" or "Increased Physical Damage (any type)" instead of "Increased Melee Physical Damage" only.

The gem is great but benefits much more melee chars than spell casters and ranged.

Last edited by Treufeldt on Jun 20, 2016, 2:15:06 PM
"
Treufeldt wrote:
I'm not sure about the impact of my sugestion if applied to Phase Run but I think this gem should have "Increase Damage (any type)" or "Increased Physical Damage (any type)" instead of "Increased Melee Physical Damage" only.

The gem is great but benefits much more melee chars than spell casters and ranged.

Considering how much of the game is "Snipe shit off screen", I think it's okay that Ranged NOT have this one tiny advantage when they already have a gigantic sea of advantages over Melee in the first place.
Last edited by ShatteredCrown on Jul 4, 2016, 3:37:05 AM
I have a technical question. How does Phase Run interact with multi stage melee attacks, like Earthquake, Ice Crash and Static Strike?

Does the increase in melee damage apply to all stages of the attack, or just the first hit of it?
I love this skill since you introduced it, used it in many different type of builds, i think it's just under evaluated by players, but it's just a bit too niche. For ex i'm playing a mine character right now, and well i have no way to generate frenzy charges. Obviously frenzy charges on a mine build would be totally op damage wise, but the thing is; phase run is pretty much the skill to lay down the first mine in a pack and give the build that interesting twist (at least to me), i still use it all the time without frenzy charges but it's just a bit too clunky honestly. The maintaining charge duration in general is a clunky mechanism, i think you guys should slightly change the mechanism, give less "on kill" and a better way to maintain them (on kill render charges useless on boss basically and you don't need charges for white packs) and give other means to maintain charges in general. So i think phase run is amazing, frenzy charges timer and generation? not that amazing mechanism.
Last edited by Halagaz on Oct 5, 2016, 1:50:42 AM
Phase run currently increases tooltip damage when the first part of the skill is active. Is this intended? Or is this a tooltip bug. As in is the melee physical damage bonus of the skill supposed to be active in the first part of the skill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info