Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

This was happening to me all morning (US EST Washington DC portal). I could get mainly through a map, tp out to drop everything off, then went to go back in and would instantly get an 'unexpected disconnection occurred'.

Edit: Maps were Dry Peninsula, Pier, Wharf, Gorge, Canyon, then Desert. Don't know if that matters.
Last edited by Lunchbox1911 on Sep 20, 2015, 8:51:23 PM
maps still crashing.... can you guys get you act together and sort this out?
And one more crash when ghost farming.

I used my portal 50m from the body instead of returning to the beginning of the map and lose five minutes.

GAME NEED FIXED !!!
Last edited by _Kromatik_ on Sep 21, 2015, 3:16:42 PM
I've lost a bunch of ex worth of maps to this as well. Extremely annoying.
"
petewulf wrote:
This happened to me as well a few times and to many people i know.

As there is not a single statement fromm ggg to this bug they seem to be very ignorant.
Wake up there and prioritize your work. We dont need any new cosmetic features unless the essential problems are beeing solved.

We are your customers and we pay constantly for a _working_ game. If you ignore us we will leave this game and never ever spend a single cent on it - so please keep that in mind ggg.

Make an official prioritation list where all users see the current bugs/wishes and upvote them to affect the importance of an appropriate fix.

I really like your idea here. Would help with constructive feedback on current issues. Very systematic approach though so I doubt GGG would implement it. They like things loose so they can deliberately not work on important issues. They have acknowledged this bug (I don't recall the exact notes but it's in the patch notes) and obviously have done nothing to fix it. Inexcusable imo
It's really such a shame.

I originally posted a thread on this and was directed here. I hadn't planned to post, and was just going to walk away... at least until the issue was resolved... but of course, now I have an itch to play, but am afraid to because of losing the most consistently valuable item in the game... my maps.

I have not logged in since this happened, and do not plan to... what is the point? The thread title is spot on. This is GAME BREAKING.

I absolutely love PoE, as is evident by the amount of money I've spent when there's not even a subscription or PTW scheme in place... sure proof of a great job in creating a highly addictive, satisfying gaming experience... but what is the point if it's not RELIABLE?

What other bug or improvement is more important than this? Random aesthetic or gameplay errors are forgivable... but taking away items that cost the most valuable currency in the game? 2 ex may not be the most a player can spend on an item, but maps retain value far more than any other item (i.e. t1 uniques that have dropped in value since drop rates increased). They are the single mechanic available to sustain your game after everything else has been beaten and the reason why people are willing to pay real dollars to complement their accomplishments...

I am at least one example of a player who has spent in excess of $100 on your game and is now walking away, and not spending a penny more. The fact that this issue is not a vocalized priority on your part is an absolute insult to those that support your efforts.

I own a video production business, and had planned to create a series on this game. Since I used my business account for every credit purchased, I basically have to now to make it a legitimate tax write-off. However, if there is no clear acknowledgment of this issue I will still make a series, but it will be focused around warning players of spending their hard earned money on a game that robs them of their hard earned efforts in-game.
This is gonna be the longest and saddest thread in the history of the game if GGG stays silent.

Just lost a 110+% map with pack size because it was fracture + Beyond. Pretty much a guaranteed crash when I left to make a trade. Even put the portal in a room where no mobs had spawned because Tora was in it.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Lost again a 79 map village ruin.
I'm in london gateway.

And this happen two time on this map, don't remember these crash on other maps for me.
Same problem here when entering Terrace map.
Milan gateway.
Well, I was doing a Pit map, and after a full clear, I've started a Zana's mission inside this map. She gave me a Dry Peninsula (Fracture + 10% pack size).

After a full clear, I took a couple of items, and left the map. I was able to come back without problem. Then, intentionally, I've opened a portal over a mountain of bodies (a lot of bodies, but few loot), took a couple of items again, and left the map. Guess what. I was kicked when trying to enter again to the Dry Peninsula.

I've discovered the reason of map crashing: A narrow portal

Spoiler
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Last edited by Petusillos on Sep 23, 2015, 8:47:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info