Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

Another crash in a Shrine in tempest.. Needless to say that it's sad, it was my highest level map (81) i have ever opened.
I find myself running for a minute or two to find a spot with no bodies in order to portal out of a map. I have't had a map crash on me since. It's a pain in the ass and it's not an acceptable solution, but it's the only known workaround while they fix this problem. I have a feeling, like the strongbox lag, this is not a simple issue for them to fix so players must deal with it in this way - for now.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I just had this bug as well.

To corroborate what others have said, it was a map that had fracturing.

The exact moment of the crash for me was opening a armor strongbox on the fracturing map. I died.

Upon re-entering the instance through portals in my hideout, it crashed to login each time and consumed the portal.

This was on a level 76 map (my highest) and was extremely disheartening.
figured i might be able to help everyone having trouble with these map crashes. seems to happen a lot with fracturing for sure.

donno why ggg has failed to fix the problem or at least remove fracturing till its fixed but heres my work around---

Consider that when your playing high level maps and you dont wish to lose your map you should look at it as a one shot zana mission. take whatever you need with you to roll boxes or whatever and clear the whole map only picking up maps currency and good items. identify and drop other items if u wish. THEN after you have completed everything and have the important stuff in your invetory do you portal out and then proceed to portal back in and collect loot for recipes and vendoring if you wish. this way you do not lose more than some random rares laying around.

map hard. map smart.
uh it is that simple u just have to play like that in every high level map you dont wish to lose. like i said map smart.

if u like losing maps then keep on doing what your doing and dont use my method. its the only one that will work.
Just lost my Mine map, with fracture mod. Was chasing warband leader there, too bad.
This happened to me as well a few times and to many people i know.

As there is not a single statement fromm ggg to this bug they seem to be very ignorant.
Wake up there and prioritize your work. We dont need any new cosmetic features unless the essential problems are beeing solved.

We are your customers and we pay constantly for a _working_ game. If you ignore us we will leave this game and never ever spend a single cent on it - so please keep that in mind ggg.

Make an official prioritation list where all users see the current bugs/wishes and upvote them to affect the importance of an appropriate fix.
Happened to me several times. Got disconnected in my highest maps after i looted even higher map items.

They were ofcourse not saved.

Thank god i didnt spent any money on poe.

On the other hand if they fix the disconnections, and massive graphic lags due to shitty coding i would be happy to support it.

But right now PoE sits right up there, alongside Gta4 pc port Graphic performance.
Lost several maps, too.
Most recently it happend to several Village Ruin maps.

Took a break in the map for selling, wanted to reenter, a disconnect occurs and in the login screen was displayed:
"an unexpected disconnect occurs".

This happens with all of the 5 portals left until all are closed and my map and currency is gone.

WTF? :(

Last edited by Ahnuz on Sep 20, 2015, 2:27:01 PM
This just happened to me again on the Texas server.

To my reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3lpjhw/poe_servers_eating_maps_gamebreaking_im_not/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info