Doryani's Invitation - Cold Damage Leech not working?

This seems to happen regardless of what area my character is in.

My dagger (2nd screenshot) has the exact same 0.2% of Cold Damage Leeched as Life mod as my Doryani's Invitation (1st screenshot); the one from the dagger applies to all my spells and attacks just fine, but the one from Doryani's doesn't. I thought for a second that it might only apply to attacks, despite the mod having the exact same text as the one on the dagger, so I checked my default wand attack and the Cold Damage Leech from Doryani's still wasn't working.

I've had two friends try the belt out on their characters, and the Cold Damage Leech didn't apply either.

I also tested it in combat without my dagger to make sure the belt's bonus wasn't just "invisible," but to no avail.

I hope I didn't just miss out on some small details in The Awakening's patch notes and that this is a legitimate bug.

Thanks!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Crafted(catrina) and corrupted (amulet) elemental leeches doesnt work. Tested with lightning leech and arc.
▄█▀█▀█
Last edited by Madus on Jul 11, 2015, 2:29:02 AM
I can confirm that.

But it works with the "life lech support gem".
Last edited by Devorcer11 on Jul 11, 2015, 5:21:34 PM
Got the same problem because that my Character is broken cant play him without life leech have t use now life leech gem as long this problem is not solved

i use doryani invitation belt with light leech my main dmg ist light dmg from arc,discharge and lightning strike and i get 0 life from the lightning leech...

plz ggg solv this problem as soon as possible
READ PATCH NOTE

"
Changes to Leech:
We love life leech mechanics. The idea of turning an offensive attack into a defensive form of survivability, by absorbing some measure of that damage as life, is both thematically interesting and adds depth to character and gear choices.

But leech has always posed some balance problems, especially against bosses, where often minimal investment resulted in equally strong recovery as it did against large packs of monsters.

We made these changes with the goal of keeping leech an impactful mechanic when you need it most -- when you're getting swarmed -- and to reward players who want to invest deeply to make it work against smaller numbers of targets too.

Multiple leech effects now stack. A single hit against multiple targets grants multiple effects, as do multiple hits against a single target.
The speed at which you leech has been substantially reduced for both life and mana, with less of a reduction to mana leech rate, bringing it in-line with life leech rate. These now default to 2% of maximum life per second. It can be increased.
A maximum leech rate caps the rate at which you can leech. It's set to 20% of maximum life or mana per second.
Methods of improving leech, leech rate and increasing your maximum leech rate have been added to new clusters in the passive skill tree, primarily in the regions between the Marauder, Duelist and Ranger.
Some of the already existing clusters in this region that specialized in specific weapon types have also had leech elements added to them.
All existing values of leech have been substantially reduced, including values on existing items.
Vaal Pact now no longer reduces the amount of life leeched. It has also been moved to between the Shadow and Ranger on the passive skill tree.
Some things such as Support Gems and Warlord's Mark have had their values brought in line with the other leech changes.
Previously, we had modifiers for "increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leech rate". These did two things: They increased the amount of Life/Mana you're gaining per second for each leech effect and they reduced the duration of each leech effect, such that the total life/mana gained over the duration remained the same. All such modifiers have now been changed to "increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leeched per second". This still increases the value of Life/Mana you're gaining per second for each leech effect, exactly as it did before. It no longer affects duration of the leech effects, meaning you'll gain more total life/mana from each one as a result.
Atziri's Acuity no longer applies a penalty to leech.
"
usagi77 wrote:
READ PATCH NOTE
You mean this bit?
"
All existing values of leech have been substantially reduced, including values on existing items.
Because that's not the problem. It's giving zero leech when it should be giving 0.2%

Throw my name in the hat. Lightning Doryani belt giving Sparker 0 leech.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"
usagi77 wrote:
READ PATCH NOTE

"
Changes to Leech:
We love life leech mechanics. The idea of turning an offensive attack into a defensive form of survivability, by absorbing some measure of that damage as life, is both thematically interesting and adds depth to character and gear choices.

But leech has always posed some balance problems, especially against bosses, where often minimal investment resulted in equally strong recovery as it did against large packs of monsters.

We made these changes with the goal of keeping leech an impactful mechanic when you need it most -- when you're getting swarmed -- and to reward players who want to invest deeply to make it work against smaller numbers of targets too.

Multiple leech effects now stack. A single hit against multiple targets grants multiple effects, as do multiple hits against a single target.
The speed at which you leech has been substantially reduced for both life and mana, with less of a reduction to mana leech rate, bringing it in-line with life leech rate. These now default to 2% of maximum life per second. It can be increased.
A maximum leech rate caps the rate at which you can leech. It's set to 20% of maximum life or mana per second.
Methods of improving leech, leech rate and increasing your maximum leech rate have been added to new clusters in the passive skill tree, primarily in the regions between the Marauder, Duelist and Ranger.
Some of the already existing clusters in this region that specialized in specific weapon types have also had leech elements added to them.
Vaal Pact now no longer reduces the amount of life leeched. It has also been moved to between the Shadow and Ranger on the passive skill tree.
Some things such as Support Gems and Warlord's Mark have had their values brought in line with the other leech changes.
Previously, we had modifiers for "increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leech rate". These did two things: They increased the amount of Life/Mana you're gaining per second for each leech effect and they reduced the duration of each leech effect, such that the total life/mana gained over the duration remained the same. All such modifiers have now been changed to "increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leeched per second". This still increases the value of Life/Mana you're gaining per second for each leech effect, exactly as it did before. It no longer affects duration of the leech effects, meaning you'll gain more total life/mana from each one as a result.
Atziri's Acuity no longer applies a penalty to leech.

Could you please highlight which part of those patch notes you're referring to? Nothing in your quote seems to relate to the problem that I'm having, and if that's the case, then I hope that you actually read and understood my description of the bug.

I completely understand and agree with the changes to leech mechanics; me saying that leech isn't working does not equate to "I'm not leeching as much as I did before the patch." The problem that I am having is with a specific item(s) in which a mod is not applying its bonus whatsoever.
I can confirm that this bug is true. I tested it myself.

Not only does the belt not work, the Doryani's Catalyst doesn't work either. They seem to share the same issue.
IGN: Shiruda/DramaHotdog/JauntingLizard

"60% of the time, it works all the time."
There are so much builds that rely on this ele leech and they somehow managed to make a bug there and till now no GGG Admins/Modss responsed to this thread...
i know u have much to do but this is a really important part of the game plz give us a answer
Last edited by InoffiziellerBegleiter on Jul 12, 2015, 9:01:17 AM
i thought i was the only one at least im not going crazy i put it up in guild chat and no one listen to me i get no leech at all and im coc witch and i rely on this 100%
IGN : Detrium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info