[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Hi, good job for your build, i like it but i have a problem.

I just finish the "end-game transition" with the vertex, elreon's ring skilltree etc... so now i can take wrath instead of purity of lightning and clarity, but i have only 56/1420 mana and my arc cost only 18mana to cast (your arc is at 30mana cost and on your video you have 100+ mana).

So i can use arc without any problem, but i have problem with storm call and chaos golem.

With my storm call(35mana cost with added lightning dmg and spell echo in support) there is ~0.2 0.3sec where i can't cast it, my manaregen is good so it's because i have only 56 mana.

With my chaos golem (56mana cost with only the minion life support) i can't use the 2 other support gem for him, life leech and fortify, because the mana cost will be increased, and i will not be able to summon him.

So why i have only 56mana ? Maybe i do something wrong...

Thx in advance for your answer and sorry for my poor english :p
Vaal Storm Call isnÄt supposed to cost any mana at all. Maybe you should consider running a lower lv. Clarity / put your golem on a cast when dmg taken setup, so you don't have to cast it manually / getting a lv. 2+ Enlighten.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hello,

im back on the game since a moth after 2y break.
Playing the 5weeks league, giving a try to this

Definitively fun and leveling is easy.
However when you try to dry lake merciless, and map t3-t4, it feels terribly squishy!!!

Dont play saffell until you have a lightning coil (3ex on league, cant afford it right now)
I have the chance to drop aegis, using it till i can pay coil.

I am currently crushing t5 @ level 83 to farm currencies, ill give feedback on higher maps further

Current league stuff :

Regards,
ouis
got a question regarding your Academy video :

you use codt and flame shield instead of golem : did you change something recently ?
Nice
If survivability is a problem then you should use life leech instead of faster casting. It's a big help.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Is there also a 6L setup for arc? Will the 4 gems in a Geofri's provide enough damage to deal with 78+ maps?

/Edit: Nevermind, watched the acedemy video. The damage seems solid. But any ideas on a 6L? And why didn't you went crit?
Last edited by 7thSlap on Nov 22, 2015, 3:37:14 PM
This is an awesome guide, I must say! I've played a Witch after Whaitiri's Arc Guide before (which is the first one in the guide list under arc) but was not 100% satisfied with a few things. Then i tried your build and so far, i like it a lot. Especially using Vaal-Storm Call as a bosskiller is nice! :)

I must say however, i liked the Icewall linked to CodT. This proved to be extremly helpful sometimes (however my partymembers sometimes got annoyed :D )

If I may ask a few questions:
- Where do you see the main differences between your guide and Whaitiri's one? (This is not meant as a "which guide is da best?!??!?!"-type of question - they're definitely both great) Whaitiri seems crit focussed and dual wields wands, while you use a shield and only a 4L Arc (and Stormcall of course). And he uses MoM, while you don't, also bandit choices are completely different. But what does that mean, especially for endgame? (and from the eyes of a more experienced player - which i'm not!)

- While you say, this build is somewhat "borderline Atziri viable", Whaitir's guide more or less states "just switch Arc to Ball Lightning during one phase and you're good to go". Is that true, and if so, would this work with your build as well? Just switch arc to ball lightning? (and leave everything else as it is?) Please note, i've never done Atziri before and probably am far from doing it.
Edit: I've just seen in the FAQ, that you recommend Ball lightning as well. So just switch it for arc and that's it, or is there more what has to be done? Also, if I may ask so, what do you think which variant is *more* Atziri viable? Your's or Whatiri's? And why?

- If I would happen to find a good 2H-staff (with 2x3L), i could use it just as well, right? Your skilltree doesn't seem to be focussed on any kind of weapon type (be it 2 wands, wand+shield or 2H-staff)
Last edited by Chieftain_Joe on Nov 24, 2015, 4:13:14 PM
Fist of all: Sorry guys, I've been away from PoE for some time. I know it's probably to late to anwer all there questions, though here are some answers:

ouis
"
ouis wrote:
Hello,

im back on the game since a moth after 2y break.
Playing the 5weeks league, giving a try to this

Definitively fun and leveling is easy.
However when you try to dry lake merciless, and map t3-t4, it feels terribly squishy!!!

Dont play saffell until you have a lightning coil (3ex on league, cant afford it right now)
I have the chance to drop aegis, using it till i can pay coil.

I am currently crushing t5 @ level 83 to farm currencies, ill give feedback on higher maps further

Current league stuff :

Regards,
ouis

This build is definetively not the tankiest one. Thanks for the feedback though.

ouis
"
ouis wrote:
got a question regarding your Academy video :

you use codt and flame shield instead of golem : did you change something recently ?

The build in this form doesn't exist anymore. Not because it's bad, but because I wanted to test and change some things around. If Flame Shield for you means Molten Shell then yes I've linked it to a CWDT. The golem is also linekd to a CWDT setup out of convenience. Does that answer your question?

7thSlap
"
7thSlap wrote:
Is there also a 6L setup for arc? Will the 4 gems in a Geofri's provide enough damage to deal with 78+ maps?

/Edit: Nevermind, watched the acedemy video. The damage seems solid. But any ideas on a 6L? And why didn't you went crit?

I've changed a few things around and tested some stuff. I ended up using a Pledge of Hands. You can watch my gear and passive with this link if you are interested: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Blackdepp/characters (It's Hiyuka). A 6L setup would only work on the chest and since I'm using a Lightning Coil the coloring is a pain in the a**. And definetively do not underestimate +1 to all gems from a Geofris/Vertex.
Well and on the crit topic... I simply do not enjoy playing crit that much. But it's for sure an option.

Chieftain_Joe
"
Chieftain_Joe wrote:
This is an awesome guide, I must say! I've played a Witch after Whaitiri's Arc Guide before (which is the first one in the guide list under arc) but was not 100% satisfied with a few things. Then i tried your build and so far, i like it a lot. Especially using Vaal-Storm Call as a bosskiller is nice! :)

I must say however, i liked the Icewall linked to CodT. This proved to be extremly helpful sometimes (however my partymembers sometimes got annoyed :D )

If I may ask a few questions:
- Where do you see the main differences between your guide and Whaitiri's one? (This is not meant as a "which guide is da best?!??!?!"-type of question - they're definitely both great) Whaitiri seems crit focussed and dual wields wands, while you use a shield and only a 4L Arc (and Stormcall of course). And he uses MoM, while you don't, also bandit choices are completely different. But what does that mean, especially for endgame? (and from the eyes of a more experienced player - which i'm not!)

- While you say, this build is somewhat "borderline Atziri viable", Whaitir's guide more or less states "just switch Arc to Ball Lightning during one phase and you're good to go". Is that true, and if so, would this work with your build as well? Just switch arc to ball lightning? (and leave everything else as it is?) Please note, i've never done Atziri before and probably am far from doing it.
Edit: I've just seen in the FAQ, that you recommend Ball lightning as well. So just switch it for arc and that's it, or is there more what has to be done? Also, if I may ask so, what do you think which variant is *more* Atziri viable? Your's or Whatiri's? And why?

- If I would happen to find a good 2H-staff (with 2x3L), i could use it just as well, right? Your skilltree doesn't seem to be focussed on any kind of weapon type (be it 2 wands, wand+shield or 2H-staff)

Damn man you wrote a lot.
Bandit choises:
1. Oak vs. Alira: Life vs. Mana (propably because he uses MoM, so mana becomes more of a defensive mechanism)
2. Alira/Kill All vs. Kill All: Cast Speed/Passive Point vs. Passive Point (make a comparison: is one passive point worth more or less then 8% cast speed?)
3. Kill All vs. Alira (my build doesn't focus on any charges whereas the other build uses power charges for the crit chance)
MoM forces you into having quite some mana unreserved. I'm not a fan of that, because it's not very stable and I only worried about the physical damage. So I picked a Lightning Coil and reserved almost all my mana.
The 4L in my build comes with three benefits and one obviouse downside:
+ Lower mana costs
+ plus one to all gems pushes the dmg quite well
+ No expenive 6L needed
- A 6L setup offers more potential dmg and diversity
Though overall you have to weigh the costs and the benefits of both.

Atziri topic:
Well Arc is a bad single target skill, so yeah ball lightning is a much better option. I can't really state on the topic which one is better because I'm note an atziri farmer/fan at all and there are much better builds out there. I'm sorry.

Basicly you can use whatever weapon you like. Wand and shield for more defense; two wands for more dmg. A staff normally though offers less potential dmg then two wands.

I hope that helped a least a little.
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Dec 2, 2015, 6:28:49 AM
Thanks for the very detailed answer Blackdepp - i must admit my post was rather long. :-) Still you gave a detailed explanation to all my questions!

What i've been wondering about this 4L/6L comparison....i know the Vertex or Geoffri's Crest offer +1 to gem level, which is huge. But if I had a 6L Armor (or Staff) instead, i could get the empower gem and have +2 level to all skills and still another slot for an additional gem. I recon, at least in theory this would always win...? Or am I missing something? (I'm not a very experienced player yet)
On the other hand, a solid 6L + lvl 3 empower costs quite some money, whereas a Geoffri's offers a lot for a realistic budget.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that empower has a mana multiplier....this changes everything of course. At least I guess that is the point which makes the "+1 to gems" from Geoffri's or the Vertex so valuable?
Last edited by Chieftain_Joe on Dec 2, 2015, 1:26:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info