Path of Exile 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

Hi all !

Maybe a stupid question, but will i have to download the new patchs when the timer will be finished, or is it ok if i download PoE now ?

thx for reply !
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
"
RIP flicker, thanks GGG for ruining my most favorite build I wanted to play with lockstep

in what way? Base damage increase is excellent, and the MORE attack speed is multiplicative, not additive, plus the skill will now get multiplicative damage increments like all melee skills. I practically only see buffs lol. The QQ is just because of the Q change? lol

Flicker is entirely based off of frenzy charges and they nerfed Blood rage from 100% charge on kill to 25% so it's pretty much impossible to sustain flicker now.

In doing so builds that required it like flicker are pretty dead. Most other builds that just picked up frenzy charges for damage wont suffer and can still sustain them. So it's a nerf for the wrong builds.
There are some mistakes in the patch notes, I've bolded them and added my comments along side them in brackets:

Changes to World Areas:
The Chamber of Sins Level 2 has been replaced by the Chamber of Sins Level 3 (You replaced level 2 with level 3, what?). Its Waypoint is now at the start of the new Chamber of Sins Level 2.

The Dread Thicket is now attached to the Northern Forest rather than the Wetlands. The Dread Thicket is now always 50% (50% ??? The sentence ended prematurely).

Map Balance:
Plummeting Ursae now spawn in maps. Sometimes above maps. (What do you mean, above maps?)

Life and Mana Flask Rebalance:
Hailrake will now always drops a life or mana flask.

Skill and Support Gem Rebalance:
Cold Snap: Quality now instead increases area of effect by 0.5% per 1% ("instead" of?), and no longer affects freeze or chill duration. Critical Strike Chance has been increased from 4% to 5%.

(I feel the 2 issues below should be listed under General Bug Fixes, instead of visual bugs)
Fixes to Visual Bugs:
Information on item drop probabilities can no longer be data-mined.

Fixed a calculation issue with the estimation of Armour against Projectile Attacks on the character screen.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 10, 2015, 12:41:39 PM
"

thanks man, extremely useful!!

Updated the URL to better version, previous had some copy paste errors on my side.

https://www.diffchecker.com/zayurorg
Last edited by Alhoon on Jul 10, 2015, 12:53:41 PM
Yeh I can see your point, I was thinking 25% was perhaps too much a drop (although I have always considered 100% too nice). I guess pure flicker will now need a greater investment in order to get enough charges consistently. Specific items or curse on hit or frenzy skill use for quick topping up/single target. A question of testing/adapting before considering it dead ;)
I don't really understand your way to balance spells. Well, to be honest, I really understand it. Nerf the spells that people use, buff the spell that noone use. Make the first ones trash, (thanks for nerfing Ball Lightning, the one I was planning to play). Why don't give the same treatment as others spells and make it 6% crit? Why make GC 5%? Just because too much people used them? T_T
♠RaGoN♦
Last edited by RaGoNXIII on Jul 10, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
I don't really understand your way to balance spells. Well, to be honest, I really understand it. Nerf the spells that people use, buff the spell that noone use. Make the first ones trash, (thanks for nerfing Ball Lightning, the one I was planning to play). Why don't give the same treatment as others spells and make it 6% crit? Why make GC 5%? Just because too much people used them? T_T

Its something like that, buff unpopular skills and nerf popular skills (there is a reason for both usually!). At the end of the day I think the objective is for there to be more variety so we're not all using flameblast/incinerate.
(by the way spell echo should never have worked with these, it was so clearly OP the moment it was released, a more cast speed interacting with more damage spells was a bad idea, and these nerfs were necessary).
Having said that Glacial cascade's lowering of crit chance was prob unnecessary, crit builds are fun, Ball lightning will prob balance out due to the GMP/LMP buff and damage effectiveness&new mods buffs, but 25% on freezing pulse isnt enough I assume to make up for the lost shotgunning. The EK buff on the other hand is perhaps a good example of an interesting buff, 6% crit chance is nice, and same could be said for firestorm. Overall some of the buffs were interesting, and the nerfs not too strong but just enough to make other skills maybe a possibility? Objective kind of accomplished, in the usual GGG way lol
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Jul 10, 2015, 12:59:24 PM
freezing pulse had like 125% increased damage in beta compared to live, right?
now it's only 25%? i want to throw up :<
I think this is the biggest post Chris has ever written.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
Plummeting Ursae now spawn in maps. Sometimes above maps. (What do you mean, above maps?)

You know how they drop in from above and all that? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info