[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

Playing this build, currently 79 with all the gear, dodge boots and what not. Its totally awesome against packs of mobs etc.. bosses, however, is a no-no.. with 0.8% mana leech, I'm going oom 75% of the fight, autoattacking. dps around 120k, A solo boss won't go down under the 10 seconds of Vaal Grace, leading to a certain death at some point.

Anyone figured a solution for this? other spell vs boss, pots, mana per hit/regen?
Same problem as The Vulcan's but it's even worse from my point of view.

I really enjoyed the Vulcan's for his freaking nervous gameplay but now it's damn slow with Icecrash and we lack damage.

High mana cost, low mana pool. It's tough :/

You did great job here but it has nothing do to with the old Vulcan's that i loved. So i'll skip this time.

Great job just i don't like the gameplay.

I'll let my duelist in dorms for a moment i guess ;)
"
fiqst wrote:
"
ngoof1 wrote:
Can you swap Ice bite for a different gem?

Yes the very best gem is Hypothermia. It won't show in your tolltip but it is massively powerful.

If you want to improve on the tooltip and make ice crash feel more smoother, go for faster attacks

Updated the tree:

- dropped all frenzies from the tree
- dropped IR and picked up Acro+Phase. It makes a HUGE difference end game and counters stun locking completely.

With acro+phase, its best to use vaal grace as the chosen vaal skill. You'll have 75% dodge (cap) and 64% spell dodge, and if you connect it with increased duration, it lasts 10.44 seconds. Perfect for boss encounters and strongboxes.

Coudnt agree more :)
how much armour do you got after switching to avoid/dodge?
I fear that big hits will instakill me (which wouldnt if i stay with armour) if i make the switch.
"
Seventy4 wrote:
how much armour do you got after switching to avoid/dodge?
I fear that big hits will instakill me (which wouldnt if i stay with armour) if i make the switch.

What my issue was when i took IR was how low my armor actually was.

To take full advantage of armor, you need at least 10k (imo). You can read about effective armor builds that reach 20-30k.

The measly 5k armor i had as the only form of defence wasn't worth anything, especially since you're taking every hit.

To fully invest into armor, you need to sacrifice hatred for grace/determination.

With dodge, you now have a reliable number that you work with and scale to 75% with vaal grace, without sacrificing dps.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
i ran 2 iron flasks with the armor build but i just respecced and its amazing.
still fearing those big hits and therefore oneshots. but if this feels much better @lvl72 i can only imagine how horribly useless ~5k armor are at lvl77

still not quite happy with dropping vaal haste though
Is this build Atziri viable?
I was out of practise but i ran apex a couple of times and killed her and her lieutenants just fine. I haven't recorded because i haven't gone deathless just yet. I'll try to record a deathless if i have time.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
would this be near BIS jewel for this build?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Do you have an idea as to which damage a pure physical weapon would need to have to be better than Doryani's? Mine has 301 dps and 99% ele dmg,

Thankful for answers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info