[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

Playing here I had an idea and I think it would be interesting , just not tested due to lack of chromatics XD ! Why not by the Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark in Doryani 's going to have Elemental Proliferation lv 20 " Curse on Hit does not increase the mana pool " and therefore will not need to use the Flicker Strike , putting on glove or anywhere else in the Hatred + Enlighten and puts increased Duration + Vaal Grace or Clarity or Haste ! And taking the Flicker Strike you will always have three or Frenzy is always going to have the healing buff of Bino's XD !
Actually, if anyone is going to try the 2 curse setup i mentioned in my last post here, i would put assasins mark on the herald of ice and warlords mark on the flicker strike so you get some fancy leech on everything you hit which this build seems to struggle with, probably making bosses harder if they don't get one shot.
Ugh effort
I'm considering respec'ing a marauder I stopped playing for this build.

ice crash - melee phys - inc AoE - Cold Pen - WED - crit strikes
flicker - splash - pcoc - fortify
CWDT-enfeeble-IC-ID
HoI-lightning warp-Hatred- ice golem
whirling blades - faster attacks - blood magic
blood rage - inc dur- vaal haste

The tree would look like:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxtj2SF8_7w4UIORRUEeLTygql3l2rM9-rY3ZYYVSm2qYb9wjkn33MuoY5c9vO8AaqW55aMEENZK18ngN2L0xnqZXTeP-j702R36E2QHcd-NjcGBBvqdlTQvBV5dDMXrvBS107drBSn3jn4d2DY1br04qTP8ABmJ5Ffb-HcFJyNwwfH8rVvqNfSP2TZIUdXfXzwrYYBNQSQ86Qkt43agwcdQjjb9RR__eJP3nVGyMYqwFtZ2qtUhtbDY97UGmf7GzVUth4iaVFr-MNnBSKgvz6uywuXyMC-jW53Q=

Initially I'd need to give up either cold pen or crit strikes because I only have 5L daresso's.

I'm debating whether to run prismatic eclipse or ungil's gauche in place of bino's. With just rings, belt, amulet, and boots for rares, it's going to be hard to get enough life/resists without sacrificing a large amount of flat phys, accuracy, crit chance/multi, etc.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Aug 14, 2015, 6:46:55 PM
Well, i decided to respec my 50ish ranger who is now 77.

I'm at ~4500 life and damage was around 60k with charges up (and that doesn't count the ridiculous 48% increased damage jewel I just added, check out my tree!)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgHcBS0FtQguDY0R1RQgFfYWvxmOI_YknSaVKCowcTB8Nj06QkMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1VLV5dbr18_YEFh4mJaYnlirGNwZU1sjG1sbzt07Xasd-N5aHrvfXWE2YVSh3aLT4w2jX2Nv5AKkn2XeZhvm2qbjZ2qo4qmf6lurY2v67GztMW1SL02vqfAGsEEwUnC7Mjcz37TftQj2WHawdwj3ajjn-RR5c_qGO1B7YPuDu8O73r3MvzF_h3-ug==?accountName=jbmcarth&characterName=ThePwnRanger

I'm really enjoying CWDT assassin's mark. It's a fantastic way to recover from being hit, and it doesn't eat your frenzy charges like phase run. The area is the normal cast area, so it hits a lot more than flicker.

The damage potential of this build is just insane. If I went for the 6 crit nodes I've got left, I'm sure my dps would hit at least 80k. However, I think my damage is fine for beginning upper level maps, but my effective health makes it hard to push past 74 without dying regularly. It'll be at least lvl 85 before I'm done with the scion life wheel and can start putting those points in crit but I think it's worth it. I'm also going to have to start saving for a safer abyssus.

How do y'all feel about Cold Pen vs Increased Critical Strikes when I manage a 6L? Also, what are your thoughts on the Pacifism jewel? With 3 would it be possible for all attacks to poison, regardless of frenzy charges? We'd lose 6% attack speed and 18% accuracy from the gloves and 3 jewel slots (potentially 21% max life, 90% increased damage), but it would mean that every kill, even the first kill in a room when you have no charges up, would have your life regen up. Poison damage would be ticking on every hit. I think that sounds kind of nice!
Cold pen is bad. It only increases cold damage.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
The tooltip value of my cold damage is 200% of my physical damage. Cold pen would be a huge more modifier for that 2/3 of my damage. Is it not worth it because I won't be effectively leeching from that damage? Isn't it of similar value to WED?

I'm loving the amount of life we can get from passives. At lvl 81 I have 4996 hp. I have potentially another 30% i could get from the scion wheel, plus potentially 3 jewel slots occupied by +7 max life + crit chance or phys dmg. I bet I could hit 6k hp.
I really like this build but I am facing some serious problems. I started as lvl 77 and I've been playing for a day and still 77 because I died too often.

1. I don't get enough frezny charges in time ---> no regen
2. I have to use soul taker because mana issues
3. my HoI doesn't proc as often
4. often one shot by the boss

Please give me some advice. I'm running with 4.4k hp

here're my gears
Hi there, let me try to work out some of the issues.

I can't see your tree but get the Spirit Void cluster for extra mana performance.

HoI doesn't proc much because of your low crit chance using ST. If you can solve your mana problems with Spirit Void, then i suggest you revert back to Catalyst.

Once you have a good amount of crit, and freeze consistently, use ice bite instead of FA to generate frenzy charges rapidly.

Frenzy -> Snakebite -> Bino -> regen is the heart of the defence, but the unfortunate thing about ice crash is the slow animation which makes it hard to be mobile.

This is definitely my most complicated build and I'm the only one comfortable with it it seems. I am going to try to simplify things going forward.

Reave is just so good right now that i haven't touched this build in a while, but I'll get onto it asap

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I'm doing something kind of similar to this, only with a shield and block nodes. My biggest question is acro/ phase acro vs IR?
Also, tempest shield + mana leech solve the mana problem most are experiencing ;)
Acro is best
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info