We're Freeing up Old Character Names

THANK YOU!!! Maybe I can finally get the proper spelling of my name, which has been taken by a level 1 the entire time I've played the game. Awesome news.
~ Lassittor ~

Arms wide open, I stand alone. I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell. I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
Dear GGG

Maybe just combine a account name with a character name, separated by dot.
„AccountName.CharacteName” (displaying AccountName on interface elements can be an option)
Each CharacterName will be unique only in its AccountName scope. Isn't it a better solution?

Old accounts just leave as they are. Even if they are no longer playing PoE they don't deserve 'sneaky' character name change, I think.
Last edited by HikingThroughWoods on Jul 9, 2015, 9:45:37 AM
You guys have literally thought of everything (besides trading) for this expansion.. Nice job!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
They really have. I love GGG. My all time favorite gaming company. They have the best quality, constant new things, they don't even charge you for the game or to play.... and their customer service is above and beyond. <3
~ Lassittor ~

Arms wide open, I stand alone. I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell. I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
What a relief. I'll finally be able to use Perpetually_Drunk_Aussie at last!
superb.. Now i can finally use my Charname cyborg_hamster.

Joke. I really dont care if the usual 'boring' movie/book/anime/song/actor/etc.. names are freed up (again) because i make my own names.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 9, 2015, 8:09:57 AM
niceeeeee
Never realised people were so attached to their character names. I think choosing a new name on the spur of the moment kinda adds to the fun. Or is it just me.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
Aux wrote:
Yessss hopefully XxXAragornXxX is available finally!

hmm can't you just put another x in there if it is taken?

"
Nagpur wrote:
will there be a pre-download ?

hmm for what?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 9, 2015, 8:43:51 AM
Time to buy some character slots and makes space to reserve some names that people here want KappaPride.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 9, 2015, 8:48:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info