[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Lifting,
This is easily my fav build so far - HUGE ThanX for sharing this!

I just hit lvl 69 & am doing 11,007 DPS - things just melt (I have not started using my mantle yet as I need to build up cash to get my sockets & link it). I have a legacy one that gives an extra 10% spell dmg

I'm looking fwd to my first Atziri kill!

My Gear

Cheers Mate!
Thanks a lot for good guide.
Went back to regular DPS (vice full MF gear) to burn through maps, trying to hit low 90s to grab some more passives. Got some gear upgrades, running with a 6L Sire of Shards now which is amazing for clearing stuff.

Current stats (L87):
23,510 DPS base tooltip with Flame Golem
26,176 DPS with 4 Power Charges
30,212 DPS with 4 Power Charges & Vaal Haste
24.9% Critical Strike Chance base
34.9% Critical Strike Chance with 4 Power Charges
258% Critical Strike Multiplier
Capped Resists
4,270 Life
933 Energy Shield

Current Gear:

Need to work on the rings, I'd like to get cast speed on the other one.

Quick little video I did of a 74 map - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWENBV3iVU

Just started using Ice Spear to generate Power Charges this level so I'm still forgetting to throw it into the rotation a lot.

Last edited by widds on Aug 5, 2015, 1:43:55 AM
Just lost mine at level 68. It was my first time playing a hardcore league, so I'm not too disappointed. Made a dumb mistake on Merciless Dominus and got killed.
"
widds wrote:
Went back to regular DPS (vice full MF gear) to burn through maps, trying to hit low 90s to grab some more passives. Got some gear upgrades, running with a 6L Sire of Shards now which is amazing for clearing stuff.

Quick little video I did of a 74 map - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWENBV3iVU

Just started using Ice Spear to generate Power Charges this level so I'm still forgetting to throw it into the rotation a lot.

how are you casting ice spear whane you have 2 totems?
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
"
widds wrote:

That's exactly why I had never been using it, thought you couldn't.. if you read the tooltip for Ancestral Bond though it simply states you cannot deal damage with skills you cast yourself. Doesn't say you can't cast them. AFAIK the game still calculates what you cast whether it would have been a critical strike there's just no damage applied to the monster. So Ice Spear still has a huge chance to crit and builds power charges.
"
widds wrote:
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
"
widds wrote:

That's exactly why I had never been using it, thought you couldn't.. if you read the tooltip for Ancestral Bond though it simply states you cannot deal damage with skills you cast yourself. Doesn't say you can't cast them. AFAIK the game still calculates what you cast whether it would have been a critical strike there's just no damage applied to the monster. So Ice Spear still has a huge chance to crit and builds power charges.

why not just use Power Siphon and Assasins Mark?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274077

"
Power Siphon will do no damage. It will still hit things, and still has culling strike (kill things if on 10% or lower life after being hit), so it can still kill things and thus grant you power charges.

Why is it better to use faster projectiles instead of lmp ?

best regards
I finally had currency for 6L mantle, i put increased critical damage as no brainer 6th gem there (with full chaos crit setup). But the tooltip dps doest increased that much (which i expected, as i tested it with tabula before), and i'v got an idea - what about Empower instead? Some +3 corrupted failed attempts are pretty affordable... And +2 levels to Flame Totem/Added Chaos Damage could be huge.

BTW i started templar version of this build at Tempest, as now i'm pretty confident how not to die, and it working great so far (level 73), even if cant afford any good uniques there.
Last edited by evilmindcz on Aug 5, 2015, 4:24:44 AM
"
MuskelGallom wrote:
Why is it better to use faster projectiles instead of lmp ?

best regards

Increases range of totem. A lot. So more safety for caster! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info