[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
RenjiAsou wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:
Any idea would

be good to use?

Does the fire totems bolts do x3 the dmg is listed in the Damage numbers?

sheet dmg goes about 600 damage lower when switching to the jewel.

No, because the projectiles do not shotgun anymore. Only 1 projectile hits the enemy at a time.
So, this jewel would be damage reduce.

"
Tizid wrote:
This cannot be true. My Flame Totem Tooltip shows 5K DPS but the output is nearly my friends 17k (per) Shockwavetotem. I assume it's 5K per Projectile per Totem. That would be around 30k DPS and seems more realistic?

Well, it is true. The projectiles do simply not shotgun and the dps numbers in the tooltip are correct.
You may not have taken your Fire Pen or Curses into Calculation.
Or the armor of the Monster which reduce the phys dmg of the Shockwave Totems.

Well maybe you're right, but why does the Totem Gem get more Projectiles by itself now as this doesn't increase its Damage - the Projectiles are always pointed in the same direction, so one Projectile would be enough?
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Got a new amulet, bought a 25% Soul Mantle and switched back to my Rathpith - 20,357 dps x3 totems. :P
Hey, thanks for the Build and the video it is awsome.

I have one question (searched but did not found anything) though.

You have some nodes and also in the video you explain why not taking the node at Ancestral Bond but the one down at BM for 3% increased cast speed.
It Looks to me these mod only apply to spell totems. Flametotem casts a spell yes, but the tooltip does not change.

In short:
Is the tooltip Buggy or does "Spells Cast by Totems have X% increased Cast Speed" only apply to spell totems, but not "normal" totems?

If the tooltip is right, are there better nodes you would sugest or do they still fit best for an idiot proof build? :D
"
oaonorm wrote:

You have some nodes and also in the video you explain why not taking the node at Ancestral Bond but the one down at BM for 3% increased cast speed.
It Looks to me these mod only apply to spell totems. Flametotem casts a spell yes, but the tooltip does not change.

In short:
Is the tooltip Buggy or does "Spells Cast by Totems have X% increased Cast Speed" only apply to spell totems, but not "normal" totems?

If the tooltip is right, are there better nodes you would sugest or do they still fit best for an idiot proof build? :D

If that is the case, I would think the better nodes to take would be 10% increased spell damage. If the 8% damage and 3% cast speed does not apply to flame totem correctly, then I would think 10% flat spell damage would be the best node to take that is already connected to the tree.

Does "Spells Cast by Totems have X% increased Cast Speed" only apply to spell totems, but not "normal" totems? I never checked when I took the node to see if my damage increased by more than 8%.
"
Soransis wrote:
"
oaonorm wrote:

In short:

If that is the case, I would think the better nodes to take would be 10% increased spell damage. If the 8% damage and 3% cast speed does not apply to flame totem correctly, then I would think 10% flat spell damage would be the best node to take that is already connected to the tree.

Does "Spells Cast by Totems have X% increased Cast Speed" only apply to spell totems, but not "normal" totems? I never checked when I took the node to see if my damage increased by more than 8%.

Tooltip is buggy, Flame Totem is affected by these type of nodes.
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1236127
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
I took a node which does nothing to the damage except the cast speed.
It changed nothing and in the tooltip you have the cast speed which increased by lvling up the faster casting gem, but not by the node.

Somehow it is hard for me to belive nobody checked it before. Am I the only one lvling something, but before clicking, checking the prefious value and than fap to the new one? :D

Edit: nevermind see post above, many thanks :)
Last edited by oaonorm on Jul 16, 2015, 3:34:00 PM
Thanks for the link to the thread explaining it does affect them. I couldn't find it when I searched.
A question about the leveling proces. I am currently using a 3-link wand with +1 to fire gems and 6% cast speed. Around what level should I switch to getting at least a 4-link armor? Or should I wait till 55 and try to get a +2 to fire gems? And considering i'm playing tempest, should I at some point start using a shield for the extra resist/armor?
Anyone playing this in tempest and farming maps in merc? Can you show your gear?
How are you getting the attribute requirements? I can't seem to get any of them?? I'm always low on int and dex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info