[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

So, I am in a bit of a pickle now. I have a witch with this built, but now it is no longer consdered the best choice for it, due to the ascendency classes. However, I am not too fond of the idea to either start a new Marauder or to reskill one of my existing ones. Can either Lifting, or anybody else who is still using this build with a witch, share his skill tree and the used ascendency class, please?
I am using basically this build with a witch. I went with Elementalist. Here is my planned path.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQLjBAcEswVCBg4HpQn2C2EMXw48EFgQzBEtFCAUcRZvGS4aOBo-HKckqiW8Jy8n7SkuKo0rtiycLKcy0TbYNuk6WDrYPC1BlkVHRlJJG0myTLNQR1OlVcZXDVjlWfNaK18_Zp5o8mt6cg94aXsgfIN8uH31ggeCEIKbg8yD24dljEaQVZo7ogCj8qyYrrOvbLc-wGbDE8T2xq7Iv9D10iHUB9R81abYvdlh2XzbT9yN37Dfv-DD4XPjauvu7DjsVe087w7wH_Fs8azyL_JB9q74k_rS_Ez-Cv6H

added chaos damage vs controlled destruction vs elemental focus which one give most dps?
In the interests of saving Lifting time updating a now outdated build but with the knowledge that, like me, there are people that don't want to ditch their witch (hee hee) I can tell you that my witch that I started long ago when this build was new is now an elementalist and does easy Atziri. With the new ascendancy points she has MUCH higher DPS and while she was doing Atziri before, it is much faster and safer now.

The reason I kept the witch is laziness and time, sure, but she can do pretty much ANY map mod. My other characters roll some hideous map and guess who gets to do it?

My profile is open and the char name is WitchiPooKillsU if you want to see the tree up to lvl 90. She is missing 2 gems right now (another char is borrowing them): a 20/20 CD in infernal mantle, and a 3 empower in boots which is not necessary but gives a small life boost.

I'm not suggesting this is THE best way to go, but it's the way I went and it works for sure.

davc, forget added chaos, I switched out a 20/20 for cd once it came out and it was a massive improvement. I have been busy in Perandus lately and have not experimented with ef on this build so I can't speak to it. Perhaps someone else has?
Censored.
Hello first of all thx for the guide it helped me a lot coming back after ages to poe.
Im currently lv 90 in hc perandus. im using a little variation of the build getting some more life nodes

Build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAQSzBg4J9gthDF8NzQ48EFgQzBEtFCAUTRRxFm8YkRjXGS4aOBo-HKcczhzcJKolvCcvJ-0pLioTK1ArtiycLKcy0TWSNuk6UjrYOuE8LT38RUdFnUbXSsRN41BHU1JTpVcNWGNY5VorXl1fP2P9ZlRmnmhlaPJxhXIPdqx65nsgfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PMhXuHZYxGjM-PGpBVlG-aO5rgogCj8qZXp5Stja9sr6e3PryfwGbE9sauxtjPftH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl820_fv-DD4XPjauvu7DjtPO8O8B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI9q74k_rS_Ev-Cv5U_o8=

Equip

Spoiler

I'm at one point where getting upgrades isn't that easy, and i have some doubts.
-First one is the helm enchant, actually i got +1 flame totem pj, but would be better pj speed or flame totem damage istead ?
-i'm currently at 553 str, and i tried empower lv3 istead of iron will losing some dps, so i guess maybe ll become better only at lv4 ?

"
-First one is the helm enchant, actually i got +1 flame totem pj, but would be better pj speed or flame totem damage istead ?

I think you have the best one. Totem damage is +25% only, which is marginal end-game (especially in your case, since you use Iron will). It’s something like 2 or 3% more dmg, not more. Projectile speed, for you it would be usefull since you don’t use Faster Proj, but +20% is not enough. Since you already have +30% speed from your gloves, it would mean max +15% range, while if you compare in term of coverage, +1 proj means +33%.

"
-i'm currently at 553 str, and i tried empower lv3 istead of iron will losing some dps, so i guess maybe ll become better only at lv4 ?

Past level 20, Fire Totem gain ~10.7% per level. So +2 levels means +22.5% more damage (a little bit less if you have additional flat damage from gear, but in your case it’s marginal).

Personally, I have 15% more from my Iron Will 20/20, but I only have 321 strength. With 553, you have +158% spell damage. What you get from that depends of the rest of your damage modifiers (spell+elemental+fire+totem+proj). Normally this build ends up at something like +600%, but since your tree uses more defensive nodes than usual, you probably have rather around +500%, so you Iron Will may worth 30% more approximately.

A level 4 empower will probably be better (36% more normally), but even if it’s the case, I think that 10ex may be better spent upgrading your gear. Especially, your Astramentis, what does it worth? +22.5% damage (=like 2% of your dps) and 22,5 life. Nothing else, unless you absolutely need it for int and dex stats? But you can get *much* more from an amulet.

Otherwise, good variant. Seems solid.
Wow thanks a lot for the reply.
Thanks for a great guide, im following and using dual flame totems since 2.0.

I need a little bit of help to increase my dps. Got all the damage nodes and hitting arround 20k tooltip dps with rain of splinters ( additional projectiles with a bit of reduced damage )

My gear;
Spoiler

I know i got only 5 link chest and using level 19-20 gems mostly. Should upgrade to 6L and lvl 21 totem first i believe with quality support gems. any tips for further improvements?
Last edited by Lamb0fGod on Apr 13, 2016, 6:34:27 PM
Heya,

Lifting nerd. I have a good bit of currency now with this build how can i improve it to make it even more gg. Any Respecting or other items that can take this simple fun build to the next level.
I'm just beginning a new character in HC mode with this build. It seems very hard at low level with a marauder. No intelligency to take wand, no bonus for spell damage or fire damage with the first nodes of the tree...

My DPS with totem is very low, and it's long, to long, to kill a monster... I prefer to avoid a fight against a boss ;-)

Have you some idea too increase my DPS playing totem, or it's better to take a physical damage choice for the 15st or 20st first level ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info