[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

That's very good to know and really unintuitive, thanks for the hint!
Hi guys, can anyone link a good jewel for this build? I actually have 2 clear mind and want to try anything different, thanks!
Awesome video, I love this guide. As a new player I messed around for a bit on my own but quickly realized the need to learn from someone much better. So far this build is working great and a lot of fun.

Question from a noob:

In your video, it seems that very little life is reserved for Arctic Armour, how did you achieve this?
You can also get Elemental Overload Passive. It's a great boost in dps. Just put (spell echo - ice spear - crit strike - golem) on helm. better have a +2 minion gem lvl to give 2 levels on your golem. my Flame Totem have 30k dps and 40k dps when I have Elemental Overload buff.

Also it is better to have a boots w/ 'Elemental Penetration if haven't killed recently', buffs is permanent because we don't kill at all, totems does.
Last edited by Satisfied on Mar 22, 2016, 11:51:39 PM
"
AlazlamDurai wrote:
Awesome video, I love this guide. As a new player I messed around for a bit on my own but quickly realized the need to learn from someone much better. So far this build is working great and a lot of fun.

Question from a noob:

In your video, it seems that very little life is reserved for Arctic Armour, how did you achieve this?

Make sure Arctic Armor is not linked to Increased Duration because that will increase the amount of mana (life in this case) reserved for the buff.
Additionally the Mortal Conviction keystone (picked up right after Blood Magic) decreases the amount of mana (life) reserved by a whopping 50%.
Just a question for Lifting, why is the build listed under Witch, when we start the build as a marauder? Or am I missing something extremely obvious here?
<Danish Einherjers>
"
Hi guys, can anyone link a good jewel for this build? I actually have 2 clear mind and want to try anything different, thanks!

You should, indeed, because you are limited to using 1 clear mind. It's written on the top.

Spoiler

This one is not bad:

Spoiler

Although usually people consider that FT has enough projectiles and does not need more. The problem is that you loose DPS against single-target and small packs, because the projectiles do not "shotgun".

Otherwise, you should look for rare jewels having offensive stats: cast speed, spell damage, fire damage, projectile damage, totem damage, elemental damage, projectile speed why not. For example this one is decent:

(And it's for sale btw!).

End-game, you are looking for jewels having %increase life + 3 offensive stats. But it's quite expensive, rarely less than 3 ex and often around 10.
"
Just a question for Lifting, why is the build listed under Witch, when we start the build as a marauder?

Because originally (before 2.2) the build could be played either as witch, templar or marauder. The trees were pretty much identical apart from the 3 or 4 starting nodes.

But in 2.2, Lifting considers that the ascendancy classes for the witch are too weak, so it's only Marauder. Of course you can play as a witch too, but it's not optimum (unless you want to play Poison with the consuming dagger, in which case Witch/Occultist is very good imho).

I think that the ascendancy classes are so strong that it's no longer possible to present the same build for 2 different classes, less even 3.
"
LordAdagio wrote:
"
Just a question for Lifting, why is the build listed under Witch, when we start the build as a marauder?

Because originally (before 2.2) the build could be played either as witch, templar or marauder. The trees were pretty much identical apart from the 3 or 4 starting nodes.

But in 2.2, Lifting considers that the ascendancy classes for the witch are too weak, so it's only Marauder. Of course you can play as a witch too, but it's not optimum (unless you want to play Poison with the consuming dagger, in which case Witch/Occultist is very good imho).

I think that the ascendancy classes are so strong that it's no longer possible to present the same build for 2 different classes, less even 3.

Ah got ya - thanks for clearing it up!
<Danish Einherjers>
as the quite new (~1 week now) player that I am, I've got some questions regarding the skill gem setup:

- Cwdt in def2&def3 should not be higher level than 4. why ?
- in def1, cwdt should be lv9. why ?
- in def3, flame golem should be max lv6, but then it can't be triggered by lv4 cwdt anymore. why ?

hope there's someone out there who can answer these questions.

//edit .... just noticed that I am wrong. flame golem 6 can be activated by cwdt 4
The One And Lonely
Last edited by Kampfkrapfn on Mar 24, 2016, 9:52:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info