[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
the_Arkain wrote:
At the moment i have about 18k dps with fire golem and herald of thunder up (nothing else).

I tried the void manipulation but the dps dropped. Is there a change or test going on for the 6L or is the old setup good?

Which Items do you use ?
Hello, can someone help with flame totem DPS? Because I am confused with the tooltip DPS showing unexpected numbers.
I have one scepter with +10% ele damage, +17% spell damage, 3-106 lightning damage to spells, +5% cast speed, with tooltip DPS 4040.
And I have second scepter with +10% ele damage, +60% spell damage, 1-34 lightning damage to spells, with tooltip DPS 3966.
I am confused, I would expect the second one with +60% spell damage to have much higher DPS as I expect 43% difference in spell damage beats higher lightning damage to spells and a bit of cast speed.
Can someone clarify this for me? Thank you.
I recently started playing Path of Exile for the first time once the new ladder came out. I ripped on my marauder and decided to try this build. I'm having a lot more fun than I expected!!! I found a decent talisman on my marauder which really helps with early flame totem leveling.

Then while leveling I ended up find a unique ring that also helps my build.
guess I got somewhat lucky haha.

I do have a question about the build though. Is there a specific reason you use Lightning Warp? I picked up Flame Dash from an act 1 quest and I find it better in terms of mobility. Lightning warp has a delay to it which really bothers me haha. So my question is; Does it really matter if I use Flame Dash instead of Lightning Warp?

I use at the moment this items.

Maybe i change the unset ring and one wand for the lions shield.

Only one level up than i will go with the last points for damage.

I think, i will end up around 21k dps. I think then i will be nearly the end.

All other stuff like vaal haste, power charge is nice but not always up. so i look only at the "base damage" of my totem. I am a bit lazy, to press everytime the right button.

Vaal Haste gives around 2k dps extra.
Last edited by the_Arkain on Dec 19, 2015, 4:15:54 PM
Hello,
Thank you for this guide.
Can this be turned to MF build? Any suggestions/modifications to do so?

Thanks,
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for this guide.
Can this be turned to MF build? Any suggestions/modifications to do so?

Thanks,

Hey,

this Build is one of the BEST for MFin', and i play it on every new league.

You have almost NO restrictions regarding gear, and you can stack IIR and even IIQ on almost all slots.

Even with very crappy gear you can farm up to tier 5 maps with ease, and 150++ IIR shouldnt be a problem.
Thank you for your replay Pupalaka.
One of the keys of MF'ing is IIQ, and the only way in new leagues is using Goldwyrm. That leads into sacrificing life, (dex/intel) and armor. So my question is; will it be still within budget to turn it to MF? or it will be a lot of investment in the build itself?

Thanks again,
Hi, quick question. I'm a few levels from being able to use duel totems. But I have been using fireball along with the flame totem. It has allowed me to crush normal and so far in Cruel I have only got into trouble a few times. Will losing fireball and gaining the other totem be about an even swap? I'll give it a try but the combination of fireball and flame totem has been fun. I am also using zombies, which, while not doing great damage they are certainly distractions for the monsters. What's it like not doing your own damage and relying on two totems? Will I miss fireball?
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
"
Dacar92 wrote:
Hi, quick question. I'm a few levels from being able to use duel totems. But I have been using fireball along with the flame totem. It has allowed me to crush normal and so far in Cruel I have only got into trouble a few times. Will losing fireball and gaining the other totem be about an even swap? I'll give it a try but the combination of fireball and flame totem has been fun. I am also using zombies, which, while not doing great damage they are certainly distractions for the monsters. What's it like not doing your own damage and relying on two totems? Will I miss fireball?

and what is the problem to use two fire totems and fireball?
Last edited by the_Arkain on Dec 22, 2015, 3:38:09 AM
For a completely new player to Poe, im struggeling with gem choices. Seeing that the Less duration gem is a reward for not witches, how do I obtain it? Do I have to create a new charracter to be able to obtain it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info