[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Has anyone utilized the Searing Bond Totem yet? And to what effect?
Soul Mantle seemed very promising but is there any way to negate the curse it affects? The drawback is just too huge since totems are dying all the time against elites.

I started to run Frost Wall with lvl cwdt. It usually stops stream of attackers nicely and I can easily Flame Dash over it. Would be horrible to use in team (I guess). Going to try that Molten Shell too which was used by previous poster.

One question: Which map level is supposed to be a goal to solo with this build and how much hp does it contain? I have now 5.3k and I am level 76. Not running any auras definetely weakens survivalibity when I make mistakes. Should probably go to 7-8k health if possible?

Edit: I have used Searing bond whole time till level 76 as a third totem (free totem). It definetely gives more dmg but is kinda clunky use and I will move forward when I sometimes get that five link! It's not optimal in end game I would say. I have also buried dexterity hoarding completely.

I have also started to like summon skeletons since they are very sneaky guys to scout more dangerous enemies and lure them to totems that I don't have to risk to tank myself. Vaal Zombies is great panic button. Also Lightning Warp or Flame Dash are must if u want to open boxes.
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 14, 2015, 3:34:44 PM
"
geickelb wrote:
"
Belanir wrote:
Inspired from this guide and started Talisman Leauge, i must say it is not being success for me. DPS is mediocre definitely not amazing. I crafted +2 Fire Gem Skills Staff with 5L but meh, tooltip Dps is 8700+, even w/o mf gear clear speed it OKish.

That cast speed nerf... And patch notes says totem's damage would be same as level 21 but i'm not sure about it, lots of experienced players say it is way lower than before.

I made couple of changes, if that is because of my build that would be great to get advices for re-spec some of nodes: poeurl.com/ub6 Btw i went for Faith and Steel for Energised Armour Jewel which adds me lots of survibility.

Another thing which bothers me is the requirement Dex stats for just Faster Proj Support. I dont have Vaal Haste atm but if there is a possibility to give up both green gems, not taking useless Dex from gear would be much more efficient. I am thinking about trying this, Empower-Faster Casting-Controlled Dest-F.Pen-IW support gems.

Still trying to improve, but when i compare with the other builds Flame Totem does not look promising imo.

I'm having a similar experience. I am currently lvl 75, have 3.5khp, 1k es, 4000armor, 60/75/60 rez (2 levels away from fixing that), and flame totem tooltip is 6k dps. I have 6 soc, 4L infernal mantle, rare wand, lions shield, clear mind gem, and other decent at best gear. So far my clear speed has been MUCH lower then i was led to beleive it would be, while still being susceptible to getting burst down (esp since i don't kill things as fast as promoted). I really wanted a char with fast clear speed to start with so i could farm some currency and make a more interesting 2d char. Thus far i have been following the build to a T and i'm starting to loose a bit of faith in it.

I completely agree with the dex sentiment, the +30 node is almost mandatory, and even then i've had to craft dex on many pieces of gear just to keep my gems equipped. If there is a better replacement, i would be anxious to hear it.

I definitely CAN clear maps, but it is slower and less safe then i was expecting based on the hype of dual totem builds. Really, the biggest improvement i can make to my dps atm, aside from leveling gems and getting that 5L (120 fusings and no 5 link in 6 socket ><), is investing in the apeps. I'm sure that the 5L, 1 more level on flame totem gem, and apep would increase my dps substantially, but i'm not entirely convinced this will be enough to double or triple my clear speeds (which is what i am hoping for).

Not sure what the issue is guys. I just re-rolled my Witch in standard with these specs. I'm 3 points away from achieving his full build.
I'm using a wand that costed me 2 ex on Warbands, no belt equipped, only using a 4-link Infernal Mantle, Lioneye's Remorse and some basic armor/life/resist gear and my DPS is at 11k per totem with Herald of Thunder as my only aura along with a flame golem.

Maybe your gear isn't up to what it could be.

That's all my gear. No belt equipped.

I definitely need to respec points to get some dex to equip culling strike and complete my 5 Link on the Infernal Mantle. So that's definitely an issue in the build. But other than that DPS seems like it's up there. ANd it's very very survivable. Between the health regen from the tree, some of my gear and the overall armor mitigation this thing can take quite a few hits.
Last edited by Ratchint on Dec 14, 2015, 3:29:45 PM

this is all my current gear. I know my wep is not great, but i've tried equpping a few +spell dmg wands in it's place and my tooltip dmg always goes down. i have 10c, 7 vaal orbs, 1 divine orb, and some other currency spreadout so I have the means to upgrade the gear, i'm just trying to decide if it's worth it. I did just buy the shield like 10 minutes before i logged off last night and my survivability did feel better, but not quite where i expected it to be. If you see some glaring spots where i'm missing huge damage from please let me know. Following the suggestions of some people on lifting's stream, i was planning on looking into going full chaos dmg conversion and trying a different gem setup in flametotem. I'm not sure if this is optimal however.

FYI when im quoting my tooltip dps i am just reading the # directly, i'm not multiplying it x2 to account for both totems. Idk if this is convention or not, just thought i should clarify.
Last edited by geickelb on Dec 14, 2015, 3:38:26 PM
See that's definitely an issue. My weapon is currently providing 129% damage increase. Yours is providing 0%.

Both my rings also provide a damage bonus with Cast speed and one of them has cast speed + %damage increase.
Remember that cast speed is affecting the totem damage output too.

The talisman seems fine for a dps boost.

You can definitely improve your dps by (massively) upgrading your weapon and changing your rings.
what type of weapon should i invest in? Apeps? rare wand? or try the full chaos damage conversion. The tricky part of gearing up in this game is that I often find that if i replace one piece i expose a massive hole in my char (ie loosing big rez contribution) that i then need to fill with either a super expensive item or adjusting my passive tree.

no doubt the wep will be a big improvement, but do you really think 10-15% faster casting will have an enormous effect on my dps? Ill check poe trade and see if i can afford anything.
"
geickelb wrote:
what type of weapon should i invest in? Apeps? rare wand? or try the full chaos damage conversion. The tricky part of gearing up in this game is that I often find that if i replace one piece i expose a massive hole in my char (ie loosing big rez contribution) that i then need to fill with either a super expensive item or adjusting my passive tree.

no doubt the wep will be a big improvement, but do you really think 10-15% faster casting will have an enormous effect on my dps? Ill check poe trade and see if i can afford anything.

A great rare wand will beat out anything I think. Just looks for massive amounts of spell damage, craft some %fire damage along with it and see if you can afford one with cast speed on it. That is something my wand lacks.

And yes, cast speed makes a difference. The witch Im playing is 87. So not that far away in terms of level from you. As your gem level scales and your passive points are allocated for more damage the dps numbers should come up.

You mentioned 6k tooltip. That's 6k per totem. Just with a difference in gear I'm doing 11k tooltip, i.e. 11k per totem = 22k. The gear that varies vastly between us is really just the wand and 2 rings.

http://poeaffix.net/1h-wand.html

Use this to see what stats a wand can have and what numbers it can roll. Check itemlevel of the wand and cross reference with the list.
Last edited by Ratchint on Dec 14, 2015, 4:05:11 PM

I got 15K+ DPS tooltip per totem with this set-up^^

Apep's Rage is cheap :)
How would you rate this compared with an Arc build (either crit or iron will) - in terms of :
a) Fun
b) End game strength
"
TheMisc wrote:
How would you rate this compared with an Arc build (either crit or iron will) - in terms of :
a) Fun
b) End game strength

1. Fun is subjective, and you are probably the only one who can determine that. That said arc is very fun to me. The sound and hit effects are awesome. Then again I love using totems as I find it fun to be able to cast the totems into rooms ahead of me placing them strategically so I can be safer etc.

2. Arc has the potential for better clear speed, but in most cases flame totem will be stronger unless you have really good gear for arc.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info