[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I am currently using the following wand:

I am now asking myself whether an apep's Rage would be better and if so, how much or if I should wait until a better rare drops.
I cant find a good wand DPS calculator to identify the differences myself and I dont want to spend 50 chaos just to see that my rare wand is better than apep.

How do I find out whats better?
Hello,
I got a little question guys.
I found a jewel http://tinyurl.com/nj8xm2v
I'm kinda new to the jewel thing and i dunno if it actually makes it like i allocated the points or not.
If so, what should i do with the points i didnt use in the circle of the jewel.
Sorry for the dumb question i really feel like it does nothing at this point. Maybe after i go BM it will ?

Thank you :D
Last edited by skinnyD_D on Oct 3, 2015, 4:54:43 PM
thank :D and work :D
Path of Exile - America
What level do you level all the gems to?
"
Kreatief wrote:
I am currently using the following wand:

I am now asking myself whether an apep's Rage would be better and if so, how much or if I should wait until a better rare drops.
I cant find a good wand DPS calculator to identify the differences myself and I dont want to spend 50 chaos just to see that my rare wand is better than apep.

How do I find out whats better?

I just replaced this wand

with Apep's rage, so I can say that Apep is definetely better than yours
IGN: Rosalind_
Why don't we use +2 fire gem staves?
IGN: Aristona
"
skinnyD_D wrote:
Hello,
I'm kinda new to the jewel thing and i dunno if it actually makes it like i allocated the points or not.
Sorry for the dumb question i really feel like it does nothing at this point. Maybe after i go BM it will ?

That jewel should not be used in this build. Before taking Blood Magic it takes away from life and gives mana, which is the exact opposite of what this build wants to do.

After taking Blood Magic it only takes away from life since the character no longer has any mana at all.

"
aristona37 wrote:

It looks like it would be possible to do, but the added survivability gained from a shield's defensive stats are better than the offensive stats a staff would give.

Also, both scepters and wands can get +2 Fire Gem level so rare staves don't really grant anything unique in that regard. The 6 sockets a staff can have wouldn't grant much of anything over the 6 armor sockets due to how only Flame Totem really gets much benefit from it. Maybe if you're using Kaom's Heart and feel a staff is needed for the 6 socket but that case seems outside the scope of this guide.
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Oct 5, 2015, 8:16:11 AM
Can someone suggest an alternative defensive CWDT setup to Imm Call/End Cry for this build? Gave Arctic Breath/GMP/Inc AOE a try and so far, meh.

Actualy, this artic might be better if I left the CWDT at level 1 so it goes off more often. Still looking for other suggestions though.
Last edited by Battleseed on Oct 5, 2015, 2:50:19 PM
"
"
skinnyD_D wrote:
Hello,

That jewel should not be used in this build. Before taking Blood Magic it takes away from life and gives mana, which is the exact opposite of what this build wants to do.

After taking Blood Magic it only takes away from life since the character no longer has any mana at all.

"
aristona37 wrote:

It looks like it would be possible to do, but the added survivability gained from a shield's defensive stats are better than the offensive stats a staff would give.

Also, both scepters and wands can get +2 Fire Gem level so rare staves don't really grant anything unique in that regard. The 6 sockets a staff can have wouldn't grant much of anything over the 6 armor sockets due to how only Flame Totem really gets much benefit from it. Maybe if you're using Kaom's Heart and feel a staff is needed for the 6 socket but that case seems outside the scope of this guide.

Thanks for the answer :D
Hello, Apep would be better than this? 20c is a lot and need to save for my 5l infernal flame >.< (playing on 1m)

Im actually running HoT+HoI on life, do you think that elemental equilibrium would work here? theres a nice 1%life regen node in the way, and i need the int on the way too
Last edited by mayanrm on Oct 5, 2015, 11:10:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info