[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
mayanrm wrote:

Im actually running HoT+HoI on life, do you think that elemental equilibrium would work here? theres a nice 1%life regen node in the way, and i need the int on the way too

EE would not work with this build and especially not with all three elements doing damage from the same hits.

If a hit does damage with all elemental types then the monsters get 25% resistance to all of the elements. Running HoT+HoI with Flame Totem means you'll always be doing tri-ele hits, thus taking EE would just make things worse. Don't do it.

Shaper isn't worth it compared to taking Combat Stamina.
Is it normal to have only 4,7k sheet DPS with my level (65) and my gearset? I don't have the Clear Mind jewel yet, will be getting one this morning.

Crap Mantle(25% fire dmg) but I bought it 2L3S for 6 fuses, made it into a 5L within 4 fuses so yeah, seems like a great deal anyway :D

Items and gems:

Passive nodes as of right now:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEswagB6ULYQ48EMwRLRRxGS4aOBo-JbwnLyftKS4rtiycLKcy0TWSOtg8LUVHRtdJskrESshXDVjlWfNaK15dXz9j_WSEZp5o8m6qcYVyD3hpeuZ8g3y4ggeCEIKbg8yMRpBVmjua4KIAo_KnlK9ssUK18rc-wGbDE8T2xq7R_dIh1abYvdlh2XzaudtP37Dfv-DD4XPr7uw47TzwH_Gs8kH2rviT-b3-Cg==

Mobs die fast, they sure do, but still, 4,7k sheet dps? Is it my shitty wand and the lack of the clear mind jewel? I have no idea how did you get to 50k or so sheet DPS. Maybe the additional fire dmg passives and the jewel make that much of a difference, but still?
Last edited by sliddjorae on Oct 6, 2015, 8:02:45 PM
1M FlashBack League First Atziri Down in 2.5 days with this build.

Here is the gear I had to take her down.

Most of the gear was actually from my failed RF incinerate character so my gear is actually quite shit, but I was able to take her down on my third try [edit:and have since cleared 9 sets in a row]. I found that using slower projectiles on both atziri and vaals was the best strategy as they dont move too much and it really buffs up your dmg.

Stats were 5k hp, and 12k on totems with fire pen and herald of thunder/fire golem.

Vaals are pretty straight forward, just need good pot management and movement. The biggest thing is to kite kite kite. Same with trio, after placing one or two totems just lightning warp away, rinse and repeat. Just dont even let them get close. I would use my Lioneyeys Remorse here so I wouldn't get 2 shot by spike rain or cycloner near the end.

Atziri herself was pretty tough, and it was mostly because she would heal so much since my totems weren't strong enough to take down the trash. So I put in a high level anger and arctic armour. I would activate the anger to give the totems more damage and run around with the AA ice trail to slow down the mobs. Arctic breath would work here too but I found AA to be more useful. Obviously you are like 1/2 hp at this point so once you notice the mobs stop spawning to heal her just turn off AA and Anger quickly and you will be full hp before atziri comes back to life.

Hope this helps anyone who was thinking of trying atziri with this build, good luck.

edit: I was lvl 82 when I downed her I had everything on this tree except the top fire wheel and the ironwood cluster near blood magic.
@Doge_This_DPS
Last edited by Masterswotl on Oct 7, 2015, 8:02:24 AM
Anyone can hlp me:)

Witch aura should i take to have more dps :)

thx
"
Masterswotl wrote:
1M FlashBack League First Atziri Down in 2.5 days with this build.

Here is the gear I had to take her down.

Most of the gear was actually from my failed RF incinerate character so my gear is actually quite shit, but I was able to take her down on my third try [edit:and have since cleared 9 sets in a row]. I found that using slower projectiles on both atziri and vaals was the best strategy as they dont move too much and it really buffs up your dmg.

Stats were 5k hp, and 12k on totems with fire pen and herald of thunder/fire golem.

Vaals are pretty straight forward, just need good pot management and movement. The biggest thing is to kite kite kite. Same with trio, after placing one or two totems just lightning warp away, rinse and repeat. Just dont even let them get close. I would use my Lioneyeys Remorse here so I wouldn't get 2 shot by spike rain or cycloner near the end.

Atziri herself was pretty tough, and it was mostly because she would heal so much since my totems weren't strong enough to take down the trash. So I put in a high level anger and arctic armour. I would activate the anger to give the totems more damage and run around with the AA ice trail to slow down the mobs. Arctic breath would work here too but I found AA to be more useful. Obviously you are like 1/2 hp at this point so once you notice the mobs stop spawning to heal her just turn off AA and Anger quickly and you will be full hp before atziri comes back to life.

Hope this helps anyone who was thinking of trying atziri with this build, good luck.

edit: I was lvl 82 when I downed her I had everything on this tree except the top fire wheel and the ironwood cluster near blood magic.

Did you dual wield your wands? When did you use the shield?
Can you post your flasks?

can someone tell me what i need to improve to increase DPS?
"
ZhengDavid wrote:

can someone tell me what i need to improve to increase DPS?

You can start 5 or 6 Linking that chest! Need to check your passive tree too and be sure to have a clear mind jewel.
Hey Liftin,

thanks for this guide.

Was reading somethin' of a Flame Totem Nerf, which was planned by GGG.
Has it already be done/what will be/was nerfed ?

Actually playin' this build in 1month as a tripple totem MF version with Soul Mantle, and its still very strong (Even with a 4 link, and the 4th Gem is rarity :D)

regards!

PS: What about IRON GRIP Passive ? Doesn't increase it our damage? Totem counts as projectile attack ...
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Oct 12, 2015, 9:47:23 AM
I was able to acquire a pretty decent Belly of the Beasts and Sire of Shards. Would those be viable for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info