[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

about boxes :)

the most dangerous mod 'detonates nearby corpse'
combined with rogue exile -2-3 sec freeze insta death

detonates corpses is also dangerous when there are walls tunnels and many things preventing
your warp to be executed

I've been playing this build and i am almost level 93 on tempest, i've made a few tweaks on the build, because as you get higher level, your only alternative for more dps is going with a bit of crit, it's not crazy crit oriented, i only have about 25% chance to crit for 4s after totem, i could increase it by using ice spear + PCOC, but i really dont have the patience to keep casting that thing. But its enough for critical hit damage gem to be better than iron will. I am also yolo dual wanding, which i wouldn't exactly recommend, as i take a crap ton of damage from everything.

My dps is 26,5k tooltip when i summon a totem, and 30k with vaal haste. I don't have lvl 20 on all gems cause i flipped most of them for the 20% quality. Flame totem is 20 (not 21 which increases quite a lot) and added chaos is 18. Also don't have the Annihilation node yet which i will get on 93. So i expect to hit 30k dps tooltip with relative easy. Also don't have the Annihilation node yet which i will get on 93.

Here are my items:

And my passive: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBUIGDgagB6UJ9gthDjwQzBEtFCAUcRZvGS4aOBo-HwIlvCcvJ-0pLiqNK7YsnCynMtE1kjbFNtg6WDrYPC1BlkShRUdG10kbSbJKxErIVcZXDVjlWfNaK15dXz9j_WSEZp5o8m6qcYVyD3hpeuZ8g3y4ggeCEIKbg1-DzIPbg_OD94xGkFWaO6IAo_KnlKyYrY2uEq9ssUK18rc-wGbDE8T2xq7PftD10f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzaudtP37Dfv-DD4XPjauvu7DjsVe087w7wH_Fs8azyQfau-JP5vfrS_go=?accountName=pedrofell&characterName=RatoChoroso
Last edited by pedrofell on Sep 1, 2015, 12:32:45 PM
Guys, suggest me an amulet which I can use in late game?
"
MrRexxar wrote:
Guys, suggest me an amulet which I can use in late game?
There aren't really good unique amulets to use that is specific to this particular build. So just any rare with spell damage, cast speed, stats, and resistances if necessary.

For block variants of this build, Stone of Lazhwar.

For crit variants, well, crit and crit multipler on a rare ammy.
mind posting your current gear? iirc you showed some of your gear in the video, sorry if you posted it in the thread but i don't feel like digging through 100 pages

needless to say, the guide owns man. thanks for sharing

"
pedrofell wrote:
*snip*

Hey, thanks for posting. I'm level 93 in tempest, and sitting at 22,2k tooltip DPS with golem out atm. I know crit is kinda the way to go at higher levels, but I'm not really sure how to start going for it.

Gear:

my tree (I will probably pick up Unwavering Stance soon)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOBqAJqgn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEZLho4Gj4fAiW8Jy8n7SkuKhMqjSu2LJwspzI0MtE1kjbYOlg62DwtRUdFnUbXSRtKxErIU1JVxlcNWOVZ81orXl1fP2P9ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qcYVyD3rmfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PMg9uFe4dli4yMRpBVmjua4KIAo_KnlKyYrY2vbK-3sUK18rc-wGbAmsMTxPbGrs9-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzZ_Nq520_fv-DD4XPr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8kHzm_au-JP5vfnd_go=?accountName=Anhi&characterName=Palen

ps im jealous on your chaos resistance.. I'm at -60 and it HURTS
Last edited by Anhi on Sep 3, 2015, 9:58:06 AM
Still about strongboxes:

- As was already said, identify them to know what to expect. If it freezes and you don't have a flask to remove freeze, consider rerolling it (alteration or chaos, I don't know at which map level it may start being worth, certainly not chaos for 74-76 maps) or not doing it at all. Same if it detonates corpses and there are a lot around and you don't have any skill to consume them beforehand.

- Even better than lightning warp spam: you can stand near the strongbox, cast lightning warp, and THEN open the strongbox during the animation and be teleported away almost immediatly. The best part if that even if you are frozen, the spell keeps going and you only arrive at its destination frozen. This is easy to do with an unsupported LW, but quite difficult when it has the usual two support gems because you hardly have time to open the box before it is finished. You can try this several times (a good thing is that if you fail, you are safe because the box is not opened and you can try again; just be careful not to accidently click on it when positioning yourself close to it ^^'). You can also remove a support gem or two while doing the strongbox if you are confident that you won't need a quick LW until you have time to put them back. Or you can have a spare LW gem that you socket elsewhere only for strongboxes; that's what I am doing because I am leveling a quality one in my other weapon slots.
Some mentioned smoke mine and I think it also works well, although a drawback may be that you can't detonate it when frozen.

Sorry for poor formatting and no quote, I am on an old laggy phone.
"
Eärwing wrote:
You can also remove a support gem or two while doing the strongbox if you are confident that you won't need a quick LW until you have time to put them back.

That seems like a very good idea :)

I tried with LW, but since I have the two support gems, it is almost impossible to click after LW. I will try removing the support gems or having a second LW on my gems (I have some leveling spot anyway).

Thanks
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__

Just make sure ... whatever method that you use to open boxes, that you clear the area around the box of monsters *first*.. The last thing that you want to do is Light warp or smoke mine into another pack!
I use both of the above methods, depending on the situation and location. I've also used flame dash and flasks. Obviously, the easiest for me is Lightning warp, it's fast and if you are careful, works well. I don't like to use it in tunnels or tight spaces though.....

"
Rayzabladez wrote:

Just make sure ... whatever method that you use to open boxes, that you clear the area around the box of monsters *first*..
With the added condition that you ID the box first and do the exact reverse if it's revive with Onslaught. Either that or kite everything far away from the box first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info