(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lafielaq wrote:

I just gave up after a few days playing as Berserker when I realised I actually ended up worse than Juggernaut. The gear and currency I had also made me further drop this char.

So I will say this so other people don't end up dissapointed like me !

This is far from a budget build as Marauder.

This build can take you to red maps.
Can it farm Atziri normal? Very hard if you don't have end-game weapon.
Can it farm reliably Uber Lab with all keys? Highly unlikely ,it is already hard with no extra keys/powers ,because it's just as much a gear check for Marauder as Uber Atziri is.

There are plenty of builds that truly can farm Uber Lab and reg atziri on budget ,this one is NOT one of them.

If you know how to shuffle as Path of Economy and get an end-game weapon in a week, which for a new League, its most likely Atziri's Disfavour Axe ,then this build is for you.

Or if you are some noob who just wanted to have fun and reach end-game with this fun cyclone skill ,then I'd recommend you to do brainlessly Chaos recipe for a month before you can buy a an end-game weapon. If you don't have much time to play per day ,you'd understand how unfun the second choice is. (My currency came dropped because I can't shuffle.As I said earlier I bought chest and taste of hate ,that's all).

Cutting out the more insulting portions of your post; I still fail to realize why you cite this as an issue with Marauders. The build works perfectly fine as Marauder, and you already said you had some success as a Juggernaut, even though you didn't follow the build plan.

If you do follow it, the build can easily farm normal Atziri with a mid-tier weapon (Kaoms, Hezmana, even Erqi); it certainly doesn't require Disfavour as I've done it many times playing largely SSF. That said, as stated in the guide, Atziri is not a fight which you Cyclone through like it's a normal map and expect to win; the mechanics quite simply aren't designed that way.

Likewise, the build can easily farm Uber Labs without a "T1 weapon", though it does take a bit more gear for survivability concerns - this isn't so much a weakness of the build as a simple fact of playing melee in Path of Exile. Note that Juggernaut is actually one of, if not the, overall best Ascendancies in the game for Uber Labs, so I'm not really sure why you think that this build "doesn't work with Marauder".

Finally, the build has never been promoted as an Uber Atziri farmer, and if you bothered to read through the guide in the first place, you'll note it specifically states that it's not efficient or set-up in any way to take her on.
https://i.gyazo.com/64273259f515b94933c33aa1307091e7.png

Neither I, nor anyone else, can really help it if you can't understand the difference between "league starter/easy build" and "afk farming Uber Atziri". They aren't the same thing, and extremely few builds in the game could ever hope to be.

In closing, none of the issues you've cited have anything to do with starting as a Marauder, as they're all issues you would have encountered had you started as Duelist, Ranger, Scion, or any other class. Your true issue is that you failed to follow the guides advice, and instead of coming here to look for help/improvement, decided to come bitch that you didn't get what you wanted. Maybe the build simply isn't for you, but that's not necessarily the builds fault, as many others have managed to be quite successful with it.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 8, 2017, 5:53:46 AM
I start to use this build in Legacy League and really new to this build. I am wearing lightning coil which everybody says that it is suitable for melee build. Then the lightning resistance becomes my biggest problem for leveling. I just wonder how I can improve my lightning resistance quickly. Thanks.
"
Aaronnonono wrote:
I start to use this build in Legacy League and really new to this build. I am wearing lightning coil which everybody says that it is suitable for melee build. Then the lightning resistance becomes my biggest problem for leveling. I just wonder how I can improve my lightning resistance quickly. Thanks.

I wouldn't really call Lightning Coil a leveling unique (although I guess it depends on what you define as "leveling"; I guess technically going from 70-90+ could still be considered leveling, despite being more or less a part of end-game content).

Anyway, the reduced resists are definitely the drawback for using Lightning Coil, but there's no real secret to compensating for it - you simply need to get more Lightning Resists on your gear!

If you're having trouble with gear, you can also always try using a resist jewel or two. It's not quite an ideal use of a jewel slot, but it's an easy spot for customization until your gear catches up.
"
Why are there builds with mace included? Why is it consodeted helpful unique? Maybe I don't play path of economy like you and can't afford a t1 weapon in a week of playing. Reason I picked marohi? 1c dirt cheap and guide says its helpful. I started league mid January. My juggernaut build with lot of effort managed most red maps as I said.

I am using a Juggernaut right now in LSC, and I used a 2c Doomsower to get to Yellow maps. After which I got a Hezmana. The end game weapon is obviously Disfavour, but I don't see what you're getting at. Im comfortably doing yellows with bad gear (no attack speed on gloves, 4 affix belt, no quality on helm, etc). Im not even res-capped unless Im at 6 endurance charges.

The only notable item here is a 5L coil which cost me a few chaos recipes and I linked myself. Rings, helm, belt were all self-found.

I dont even have my 4th ascendancy yet which will give me another 42% increased damage from endurance charges, and my tooltip is 35k, more than enough for yellows.

So obviously this build has room to grow into a red map farmer. The fact you didnt manage to do it is no indictment of the build, but of your lack of understanding in the game. Like you haven't realized Herald of Ash at 25% res is better than Anger at 50% res on a Marohi Erqi. The reason why added flat damage sucks on high base damage is basic math. So as I said in my previous post, stick to cookie cutter builds so you don't have to make any such choices.

Lighty's guide is too flexible for you and you make incorrect choices. Stick to Ngahamu where you can have your axe, amulet, gem links, ascendancy, ascendancy choices, tree, flasks etc., all perfectly outlined for you and you can just copy it like a non-sentient robot and say "Im good at video games" to yourself.

"

Its not popular, but if you are using Blood Magic Support, you can pick up the templar aura reservation cluster fit in a 35% reservation. Currently I am using Warlord+Blasphemy on a juggernaut. If I manage to pick up a Red Dream to make on kill endurance charges, I will try out Purity of Lightning. This should make my maximum lightning resist 80%, while also shifting 30% of my physical, resulting in a net mitigation of 24% before armour, charges and fortify. It also counter-acts the heavy downside of lightning coil.

The other solution is to stack lightning resists on gear, which isnt hard since this is an RT build and doesnt need crit, crit multi or accuracy.
Last edited by Samir316 on Mar 8, 2017, 11:13:27 AM
Just because a build guide says its uber lab / atziri / etc viable on a budget doesn't mean your going to go in and one shot the boss.

You need some skill and competence to defeat uber lab / atziri / etc with just about any budget build BUT the fact that it is doable on a budget makes it viable.

Really nice build so far, im enjoying it.
I can see the earthquake setup in your gear section, so i wanna ask - is it better for uberlab farming or i should stick to cyclone?
Hello,

What do you think of new carnage heart amulet for this build ?

"
Hello,

What do you think of new carnage heart amulet for this build ?

It's alright as an early map/starter unique, but not very good late game.

While the bonus attributes and Elemental resists help offset the loss of what you might typically look for in a neck slot, the other bonuses aren't as great as their opportunity costs.

The extra leech isn't very impactful for a Slayer (though would be of some use against single target enemies when not using Writhing Jar, or to non-Slayers), making it of questionable usefulness.

Meanwhile, 35% increased damage is decent, but only comes out to (in my calcs) ~3% overall DPS increase; less than you'd get out of a high rolled +phys damage rare neck.

Most importantly, like many uniques, it lacks +Life, and frankly you want as much of that as possible. There are much better uniques to wear for damage (Devoto's), and in my opinion the increased leech doesn't come close to competing with the extra life and increased resists you'd get out of even a cheap rare amulet.
"
Really nice build so far, im enjoying it.
I can see the earthquake setup in your gear section, so i wanna ask - is it better for uberlab farming or i should stick to cyclone?

Either work fine. EQ may be the slightest bit safer due to range; though if you're good at dodging mechanics, I find Cyclone to be very effective against Izaro.
Last edited by yyamamotoo1 on Mar 11, 2017, 8:10:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info