Wild strike and EE

I wonder if wild strike would work well with elemental equilibrium, pretty much one attack that can benefit from it.

I don't think that same elements can't appear consecutively so only 2/3 of attacks will benefit.
Hopefully however multistrike does reroll for each attack otherwise the idea is dead.
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 5, 2015, 4:05:54 PM
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
Hoefully however multistrike does reroll for each attack otherwise the idea is dead.

Good question, from the gem description I assume it's rolled on hit like EleHit in which case it will get rerolled on repeat. Of course, with EE you have to avoid any added elemental damage, so we will probably have to wait for Herald of Rust and Herald of Madness to add damage to it. Or we can reserve mana on defense instead, to cover for using Abyssus which will provide more dps than Hatred.

Anyway, crit will be the best way to scale this skill and right side has a lot of attack speed so multistrike might not even be necessary.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well multistrike is more attack speed and since with EE can't use added fire / phys to light there arn't enough supports.

"
Stt3r0 wrote:
Well multistrike is more attack speed and since with EE can't use added fire / phys to light there arn't enough supports.

It's 35% more dps, which is nice but not irreplaceable, a crit build has no shortage of efficient supports.

The gem has keywords 'AoE, projectile, chaining', which most likely means fire explosion is AoE, cold wave is a projectile and lighting part arcs. That means it will have to be scaled with WED and crit, as MPD, PhysProj or Conc would be only semi-effective.

I guess a nice setup would be WED-Multistrike-CritChance-CritDmg-Leech, or FA if multistrike ends up a bad combo with EE. I believe it will work, they probably thought of it as a selling point, other conversion skills are easier to scale but EE might tip the scales.

"Generally" support gem slot should be at least 30% more damage. The crit supports unless your stats are tripped net 10-15%. (lots of crit and little crit mult or other wise)

Also linking leech to physical attack is meeeh
Sure enough, but either option is better than nothing. Wasn't really expecting for EE variant to be outright stronger, if it turns out comparable it's even better if it needs less supports to get there. And you got an extra defensive aura too.

Yea.
For pure damage it would be best to convert all the damage and scale it all on WED. But we have been there done that...

Now when i think about it ... i wonder whatever the arc/explosion/wave do whole attack damage or just the element transformed part? it should do whole thing going how skills worked so far but you never know.
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 5, 2015, 6:18:45 PM
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
Now when i think about it ... i wonder whatever the arc/explosion/wave do whole attack damage or just the element transformed part? it should do whole thing going how skills worked so far but you never know.

Well, the gem says nothing about any damage penalty, and conversion skills haven't separated damage that way so far. I assume lack of penalty for secondary effects is compensation for unpredictable nature of the skill and scaling difficulties, makes sense.

Im interested in this skills mechanics:

theres no damage scaling on the gem so I assume that those secondary effects still deal weapon damage. the cold damage part is obviously a projectile, but are the explosion and Arc considered melee? do these effect still carry 40% phys damage or do they have 100% conversion?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
do these effect still carry 40% phys damage or do they have 100% conversion?

I assume the skill description would mention different conversion rate, it's fairly major and no other conversion skill does it.

About melee, I was thinking about that and I'm 95% sure the explosion carries melee property, I'm 100% certain the cold wave doesn't and it's 50/50 for arc :)

We had no experience with a skill like that, so far an attack had to be either melee or projectile, if it turns out it can be neither (I'd make it that way, if possible) that would be the first.

Last edited by raics on Jul 6, 2015, 4:39:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info