time trigger skill gem.

I hope there is a skill gem that trigger linked skill every setted time.
for example : linked skill triggered every 20 secs , and as the level is going up, the time gap shortens.
: )
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That on its own would be wildly overpowered; simply auto-casting a spell for absolutely free?

The game already has some similar ones that can accomplish similar things while actually requiring real PLAY, rather than just constant kiting of enemies. They're called "Cast when damage taken" and "Cast on Critical Strike." they're already extremely powerful.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
That on its own would be wildly overpowered; simply auto-casting a spell for absolutely free?

The game already has some similar ones that can accomplish similar things while actually requiring real PLAY, rather than just constant kiting of enemies. They're called "Cast when damage taken" and "Cast on Critical Strike." they're already extremely powerful.

Dafuq is wrong with you? Casting once every 20 seconds is overpowered? If you call that overpowered you probably call everything overpowered. Please leave the suggestions-area.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:

Dafuq is wrong with you? Casting once every 20 seconds is overpowered? If you call that overpowered you probably call everything overpowered. Please leave the suggestions-area.

But what he said is true. If you time your traveling time between mobs, you effectively get a free spell. Imagine having molten shell up at the start of each encounter for free. Or tempest shield. Or convocation as you're running in with summoners.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Dafuq is wrong with you?

That I bother to actually think before typing?

Read what Exialis said, for example: having Molten shell up half the time, (or more, given that the OP said "time span shortens as it levels") or any other temporary thing auto-refreshing like that for FREE would be horrifically broken to the state of "mandatory."

You should bother to actually think a little before attacking someone. Just because you simply imagined "casting Arc" or some other droll attack spell doesn't mean that more enterprising and creative players couldn't find more powerful uses. Here are just a few that pop to mind, that ALL severely sidestep major limitations of the game, giving results like being able to arbitrarily 8L:

- Discharge. Probably the only direct-attack spell worth using this with. If the rest of the build is capable of generating charges, this could add a LOT of extra damage without actually requiring the extra links in your main attacks like a CoC build would. (It'd proc less often, but would make up for it by certainly having max charges when it did)

- Curses. Congrats, you just stacked on free curses WITHOUT having to use up precious slots in your 5L/6L for a "curse on hit" gem. Think the power of Mjölner, but for curses.

- Spell Totems. Congrats, you now can get totems for free, even ones that previously would've been too expensive to use.

- AURA TOTEMS. This is probably the most egregious reason why such a gem should never be allowed to exist: CWDT requires you be hit and thus not only incurs risk, but also dictates you must be right next to enemies. With this, you can place an aura totem for free. (when normally the summon cost makes them near-impossible for the majority of builds) Throw this in a 4L, and Congrats, you've just gained 2 extra auras for absolutely free. With this even a non-LL build could run Hatred, Anger, and Wrath all simultaneously.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
stop "making" automatic skills gems. The game is more fun when you actually have to play it.
IGN: Ariannahh
Alf's True summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1322360/page/1
Alf's Only SRS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1454368
Hideout: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1428672
"
powerlsk wrote:
I hope there is a skill gem that trigger linked skill every setted time.
for example : linked skill triggered every 20 secs , and as the level is going up, the time gap shortens.
: )

You know ?

there are many people Love nerf of path : nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf+nerf

They are so crazy so love nerf.

So they always say NO !

They not like you happy !

If you pain they happy.

If you happy they angry.

If you nerf they love.

Last edited by play2013 on Jul 5, 2015, 11:03:38 AM
I don't buy the "overpowered" argument. If CWDT isn't OP, then there exists some duration of time where repetitively casting a skill, without other conditions, isn't OP. I do not feel the "20 seconds" was key to the argument.

I'm far more likely to buy kjk's "fun" argument. The more we automate characters down to a single skill to spam, the less meaningful choice there is in combat. And to answer play2013, what players ask for and what they actually enjoy are often different things.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 5, 2015, 11:55:59 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't buy the "overpowered" argument. If CWDT isn't OP, then there exists some duration of time where repetitively casting a skill, without other conditions, isn't OP. I do not feel the "20 seconds" was key to the argument.

CWDT is already at least partly OP; that's why it's getting another nerf; the EC+IC loop was too mandatory for a lot of builds.

As for using it for aura totems and some other abilities, it suffered from a couple of key points I'd already mentioned:

- Two words: spike damage. Subjecting your character directly to harm in order to proc an extra ability is a VERY risky strategy, given how unpredictable the damage results are known to be. That's why we see this sort of strategy only applied tongue-in-cheek with one build, being the "True Glass Cannon."

- On the other side when it comes to totems, trigger gems cast where you are. And if you were in a spot where you got hammered enough to proc CWDT, you'd be dropping your totem right where you DON'T want to stay in more long-term, leaving this far less viable for aura totems. Yes, builds HAVE tried this with CWDT, but the result is uniform: the placement resulting for your aura totem often ensures its destruction pretty rapidly. Can be useful for, say, a decoy or shockwave totem, (where it merely exists for a second or two to buy you time to get to safety) but useless for a supporting totem.

A "Cast when time passed" bypasses both of those concerns: the player can tell when the timer is coming about again even without indicators, simply by telling when it last proc'd. This lets them plan a placement manually, simply by moving to the desired spot. And of course, it doesn't require any risk on the player's side whatsoever, so no risk of being subjected to spike damage. (and quite possible death)
I had this discussion today already, but I've always found EC+IC+CWDT to be an ineffective crutch for ranged builds. I can only imagine that it's a placebo of some kind, since at levels of zero investment, your EC doesn't tag enough enemies to generate charges and your IC lacks duration. It's a waste of slots compared to things you could be taking.

Some of the more sensible players took Temporal Chains, Frostwall or Arctic Breath w/ CWDT. At least that way you'd get something more than a half-second of physical immunity, which you weren't using anyway sitting at a range about 99% of the time.

CWDT is just a sad skill that never worked as intended.

Tangentially, I clicked on this thread hoping the OP was going to talk about putting skills on a time bomb fuse. Probably silly, but at least that'd be novel.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 6, 2015, 4:04:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info