getting destroyed in LLD

I think I can muster a better character for LLD, but the one I'm currently using just for random fun - should be good enough to at least win a few matches, so Leo is impressed, right?

WRONG!

so here's the gear
Spoiler

and it's basically just an assortment of stuff.
nonetheless, back in the "old days" something like this would be extremely powerful.
yeah... tell that to all the Meta-modded, insane-gear Wanders and Archers we have today.
I can't even get close...
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 4, 2015, 10:39:14 AM
Every single item beside perandus(only becoause of its legacy and your is still like 10c probably) and meginord belt(legacy soon 2ex+) is worth 1c top.
Even regardless to this some item choices are extremly bad(you can get much much better items for 1c in armour, amu and ring slot)
You come back to troll this(and not olny this) forum from time to time isnt it boring now?
it's 20%-troll at worst.
the other 80% are legitimate feedback, about the state of Low Level Dueling.

look, I really don't care how many Exalts or Chaos the gear costs.
if you are aware of my post history, you should know it by now.

and I'm curious why you think a Facebreaker + Meginord, plus "cannot be frozen" boots, plus a pair of good rings with speed, damage, resistances and a bit of counter to the bane of LLD (Temporal Chains) - is a bad setup.
the only thing that truly is bad, is the Chest.

my point is, you only need to look at the "PvP trade" thread here, to realize why I'm getting nuked with gear that's not bad (understatement) in Open Beta terms.
just look at it: insane multi-modded Wands and Bows with Map-viable DPS. 6-links (really?). crazy corruptions...

do I really need this kind of stuff, to just win a match - or hell, not get 1-shot with over 1k HP @28 - once in a while? manage to even get into melee range of some insane Ice Shot or Barrage Nuker, and live?
it makes no sense. none at all.
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 4, 2015, 1:57:01 PM
Absolutely terrible gear choice.

Take 20 chaos and 20 minutes you spent reminiscing about the old days instead of trying the find the right gear and get some replacements for peregrine, timeclasp, carnage, and the chest.

body chest foxshade cost 1 alch and is 10 times better and sometimes its best choice for facebreaker.
ring just buy any 28< as phys life res and it would be better
best option would be elreon ofc in all slots
You might also want to remove melee splash from your infernal blow links when pvping.
my character's gear can indeed be improved greatly, and I thank you guys for the tips, but the question I have to ask is this:

can the improvements you suggested, help her survive a fight with someone, with the kind of insane corrupted-6-linked-crazy-DPS gear, so many LLD players use?

obviously not.
even Fightgarr's good advice about Melee Splash, doesn't hold much water when I die before even getting close.

the amount of level 28 players with - and I say it without one bit of sarcasm - Map-viable gear, is just staggering.
and when someone like me comes in just for random fun - even with good HP and a moderate set of gear - he'll just get his ass kicked in literally seconds.
Hi johnKeys,
I don't think that the problem is related to the "insane corrupted-6-linked-crazy-DPS gear" that top llders are using, since that kind of gear is pretty much compulsory against opponents with equally good gear.
The fact is that the matchmaking system lets occasional players like you face top llders, rather than casual players you could compete with.
The problem is not in the matchmaking system itself, but it's a consequence of the very small players' base interested in LLD, for which a casual player will face an experienced llders most of the time, simply because there are no other matches available.
If you're actually willing to give LLD a serious try, your best bet is to farm for better gear and get some "insane corrupted-6-linked-crazy-DPS gear" as well.
That's exactly whats going on here. It's the unavoidable aftermath of a community primarily focused on PvM'ing and shitting on the thought of PvP entirely. So when someone actually wants to PvP they are left to face veterans in the match making system because only a handful of people actually compete and they are all serious. This is why Diablo2's open PvP/PvP game making options didn't divide the community as much as a queue system does. You could forcefully find someone your skill/gear level by joining and hunting people in game or public duel games which was always full of casuals. Sarn just doesn't have the same appeal to it, was a noble attempt but you're still confined to an arena. Casuals like casual things, they like to run to town and troll people, heal, exploit ways to have fun while still being sucky just to feel semi competitive. Without wells,healing shrines,town gates to hide behind, town portals, hacks...you won't get the same effect. It's the same when it comes to almost anything competitive in gaming. Over 98% of the community approaches it from a casual angle or has a flowchart they follow and when you're confined to a rule set/arena lay out which limits you to almost having to be good to win...people don't bother unless they are genuinely interested.

Basically, find someone or a group of people that are on your level or can help you become more competitive. Together learn the ins and outs of the different options you have and how the match ups work. Farm better gear and from there dominate to the best of your ability. You'll still be facing the same people often though 99% of the time unless its a Leo quest.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jul 5, 2015, 2:46:47 PM
I'd like to clarify something, guys:
I never had, nor ever will have crazy top-tier gear. LLD or not.
played the game since the start of Open Beta, about 3k hours by now, a lot of it self-found, with RNG running my face into the dirt so consistently it's not even funny, almost the entire time.

I can count on one hand, the amount of 6-links I have, and add two more fingers for my only two notably-successful corruptions. none of which are below required level 50.

so it's not about "farming". god knows I tried that already.
and it's also less about PvP "pros", and more about crazy-in-game-rich people, some of whom are PvP "pros".
when the gear-gap is this vast, playing skills become irrelevant really.

it was extremely fun to watch the commentated LLD Invitationals, but it sure isn't fun to actually participate in a match, no matter how casual.
if the PvP player base is small, that's probably because of the primitive match-making system + the gear gap which together with said system, makes it an "Exalts or get the fuck out" kind of thing.

well I'm not an "Exalts" guy, nor will I ever be, so I'll be heading towards the exit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info