Normal, Cruel, Merciless Difficulty Change

My BIGGEST gripe about this patch other than some of the Damage spikes (I guess im suppose to use logout macros even in SC LOL) is that they couldnt work out dropping Cruel Diff!

Playing through 3 times in a row like i have to now is why when they say things like Act 4 is ment for players to have an option to farm besides maps! And im over here thinking NO.. Maps is so i can get out of this shit ive had to play 3 times already the last thing i want is to farm it some more!

Id say as more acts come out the difficulties will drop out! But as long as this one took id say we will be playing 3 times through the 4 acts for a while!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I was thinking maybe they could just add Scaled Leveling once you beat Act 3 Merciless where all the mobs scale to your level on each difficulty.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Malone wrote:
With a new act every 2 years, act 10 is expected in 2027

Pretty sure act 10 will never exist, they will develop a new game before even reaching act 6 or 7.
Act 5 may even be an illusion, exile.

Yeah 10 Acts is a dream. I think Act 5 is a sure bet. They aren't moving into a larger building just to try to only develop MTX and leagues.
"
Demonoz wrote:
NO.. Maps is so i can get out of this shit ive had to play 3 times already the last thing i want is to farm it some more!

^This, I get to level 60+ as fast as I can simply to get into maps. That is where the current end game is. Most people dont even do the side quests (racers).

There is no need.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think the progression in 2.0 is good. I leveled a beta character and the first time ran an area more than once was in act 3 merc to level up for dominus. I remember a time where you stopped to level in the Ledge, Fellshrine, and the Docks before progressing.

And you can get to maps before the end of the game. The lab is still in act 3 so you can map all you want before doing act 4. You can even start sooner if somebody gives you a zana mission so you can het her in your hideout.

They will most certainly remove a difficulty when the release act 5.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 3, 2015, 11:22:14 AM
I'm actually hoping that 'Act V' is added laterally, rather than tacked on the end of act IV... kind of how Borderlands does its DLC.
"
mark1030 wrote:
I think the progression in 2.0 is good. I leveled a beta character and the first time ran an area more than once was in act 3 merc to level up for dominus. I remember a time where you stopped to level in the Ledge, Fellshrine, and the Docks before progressing.

And you can get to maps before the end of the game. The lab is still in act 3 so you can map all you want before doing act 4. You can even start sooner if somebody gives you a zana mission so you can het her in your hideout.

They will most certainly remove a difficulty when the release act 5.

Yeah thats something i noticed now too! i dont ever need to farm Exp! in fact now Normal is where half of your builds lvls are! hell im around lvl 40 by the time i go to Cruel now! after that in Cruel and Merciless if your damage and resists are good you just rush through everything as fast as you can because all the areas lvls are close together anyway!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 3, 2015, 11:48:34 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:

See that is exactly the problem that was created when they added the Dominus part to Act 3 and it will for sure happen with Act 4 now. You add content to the difficulties so it takes longer to complete, but all it does it make you start way overlevelled in the next difficulty. Dominus area is same level as half of Act 1 of the next difficulty, by that time if you do any of the side zones, you're easily 2-4 levels over the entire way through so you never need to farm anymore.

It seems good in theory that you don't have to farm, but really what happens now (haven't seen new progression in beta) is that you're overlevelled for the middle part of the game (end of Normal, all of Cruel) and it makes that part all the more boring.

And I know as some have expressed, "knowledgeable players" skip every side zone and rush through, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having that difficulty if it's intended to be skipped. Plus for people like me, opening your map and seeing you're missing a waypoint or didn't go into a zone will literally make you pull your hair out.
Three difficulties have their own features to the players, from new to experienced players.
Normal difficulty allow new players to get familiarized to the game mechanics, Cruel will have the players to test different skills and builds synergized accordingly and Merciless will make players adapted fully to their build and master their path and eventually pushing to the limit before they can proceed to harder contents beyond that.

Love,
Bunny
We really need to get a better word than "difficulty"... more and more you're hearing people use "play-through". I think it would be far better for us if we did too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info