Deal of the Day - mechanics need some change

"
ACGIFT wrote:
By your same logic, GGG should get rid of sales entirely, because every dollar not gotten because an item wasn't full price is a dollar less they're getting.

i have always been against "sales", cause there is no competition for ggg to divert customers from.

for my "saturation of mtx"-theory just hear the boss, on average only 10% of players pay for "free to play"-games at all and if they paid a certain sum (3$ on average) they got what they wanted.
they probably would have spent more but sales helped them achieving their goal faster.

for example if i think i need 25 stash tabs to play properly i will sooner or later buy these tabs. if there are "sales" i wait until that sales weekend to spend my points (why overpay?), giving the false impression sales triggered me.

on the other hand, on some undecided people, sales can work as a incentive to support the game in the first place, i will give you that. question is how big is that effect compared to players willing to support freely.

basically three reason i'm so emotional about this:

fist is that the game got it's first millions while not doing sales, players spent their money to support the game because it looked promizing and the company did great at communicating with their player base. and i think supporting out of fascination will lead to more players overpaying.

second is: i have a natural aversion against others trying to manipulate me, seeing adverts leads to me not bying these "brands". on the other hand i can get quite fascinated by things i came to the conclusion myself that i like them.

third is: status symbols: mtx are status symbols for different kinds and dimensions of support. "sales" kill that "reputation" down to the latest sales price. for example i really would have been angry if i bought that lightning scorpion full price cause it's real price is 40% less.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info