Deal of the Day - mechanics need some change

Hey,

The daily deal system is a really old one. When it launched there was like 50 available mtx.
Since then the the number of mtx in the shop was multiplies and still increase.

It would be great if you could use the same ratio just like when you started this type of promotions.
I mean you should increase the number of daily deals to the right balance because atm its useless for ppl like me.
Not to mention there are always stash tab promos on weekend and i just have enough so for me and im sure for others as well the current daily deals mechanics is useless.

Please think about it.
Thanks

sry for my spelling i hope you got it
Last edited by szíriusz on Jul 3, 2015, 6:42:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
szíriusz wrote:
Hey,

The daily deal system is a really old one. When it launched there was like 50 available mtx.

It would be great if you could use the same ratio just like when you started this type of promotions.
I mean you should increase the number of daily deals to the right balance because atm its useless for ppl like me.
Not to mention there are always stash tab promos on weekend and i just have enough so for me and im sure for others as well the current daily deals mechanics is useless.

Please think about it.
Thanks

what do you want to do in the first place: support the game or make a bigger deal?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
szíriusz wrote:
Hey,

Please think about it.
Thanks

what do you want to do in the first place: support the game or make a bigger deal?

I support the game no matter what. Just like i did until now.
I want to spend my point on smth special. I already have what i wanted. Good deals may drive me to spend my points -> more investment from customers like me. If you cant accept this you dont understand the psychology of spending power which is essential for the game.
I just want to see more options. Personally i would be my own enemy with my suggestion cause i would spend more, but i love the game and i feel like this company deserves the invested money so in the end i dont really mind.... but i cant force myself to give other donations while i have points left in my balance.

Personally i bought packages cause 1) Wanted to support the game 2) The gifts with the packs was relevant and exciting for me.

GGG get more money if customers spend more in shop. Thats why they create new things. I understand what you try to say, it shouldn't be the case to give money only for the points or the goods, but hey ! .. This is how this whole funding works. Surely there are ppl who dont do anything with their points. Deal of the day should be eye catching but its current form for someone who is here for more than one year simply doesn't work. I just want excitement every day when I check the deal of the day.
Thats what i suggest some change.

Maybe 3 different type of deals (armor + skill effect + HO)
i do think people spend more money in the shop short term if they see sales.

but i also do think people spend less money in the long run if ggg runs wider permanent sales (f.e. 3 items on sale at once).

Spoiler

proof i have i only myself: i spent around 30€/month played which i think is a fair compensation for the fun i had. having over 170 premium tabs i never use in temp leagues and nearly every microtransaction i like, i don't think more sales could motivate me to support more.

i can't of course judge others and i apologize if my question sounded like blaming you for something. wasn't meant that way.

but this discussion is moot as ggg already does temporary action sales where complete sets of items are cheaper. think they should leave it at that for the reasons stated above.
I always felt it would be wiser to put around 20 micro transactions on sale for a week as opposed tone per day. Bigger variance that way and people associate saving money by getting sale deals, to promote more sales for the GGG store.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
"
"
Jaxxxson wrote:
I always felt it would be wiser to put around 20 micro transactions on sale for a week as opposed tone per day. Bigger variance that way and people associate saving money by getting sale deals, to promote more sales for the GGG store.

"Sales" are loss leaders.

The idea isn't then to put everything else in the store in a 1 km radius on sale as well. You bring in the customers for the sale and then they buy other yum yums at regular price when they are already in (at) the store.

I think daily promotion is okey cause you can feel special if you can buy smth from the shop for a lower cost. You may feel lucky and satisfied.
If we take out the donation part of the supporting for a sec in my opinion we have Daily Deal for 2 reasons:
1) Help ppl step forward from "I dont want to spend money cause the things in shop cost too much"
2) It helps for ppl who have still have points their account to spend out their point on smth what they dont really want just to try out new things and decrease the amount of point you have so you may buy other packs when the brand new shiny MTXs arrive to the store.

In both case the more variate of daily deals drives more ppl to buy in shop which is good for everyone. But of course you cant put everything on sales cause overall it would decrease the spent points / user which means less sold package in the end.

What i wrote is completely personal and i dont know whats REALLY behind this promo :). But i feel like, increasing the amount of product in daily deals would be great with low risk from GGG income point of view.
Given that plenty of other games with lots of MTX options put on more than one sale item at a time... I can definitely see a strong argument for having more than 1 MTX on sale at once. Going on the way the market and the store look... I wouldn't recommend more than 3 items a day right now, though. However, such a bump WOULD definitely increase interest in the store.
"
"Sales" are loss leaders.

That term doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

Digital sales, at any price, are effectively close to pure profit; yes, there was the initial cost to develop and produce the content for the object being sold, but that's a one-time cost; there is no recurring cost for each extra copy sold, so once they'd already recovered the initial cost of making the item (likely only a few hundred dollars tops for most individual MTXes) everything else is just 100% money in the bank.

This goes double for microtransaction stuff like here: with an actual program, there's the implied cost of at least a few gigabytes of bandwidth for the customer to download the software. But with this, there's no extra download; the strain on GGG and its servers is the same whether or not they bought the MTX or didn't.

The only thing they lose out on is quite as MUCH profit, but, of course, as with any sale, the tradeoff is an increase in overall volume; and when your profit margins are 100%, any sale that can boost your total sales volume to a higher dollar amount is a win-win situation.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
and then they buy other yum yums

I could buy some yum yums.
Dude, you got any yum yums?
What's the officer, problem?
#420 #Poe #TheAwakeAndBakeHype
nobody bringing up any argument regarding "saturation with mtx"? fine.

Spoiler

my guess is players who are interested in looking good in the first place usually equip one or two chars, they're done when they got the mtx they want.

if you provide several mtx on sales per day you lower the income from these players because they will get all these items from sales faster than you can motivate them to increase their points balance.
Last edited by vio on Jul 5, 2015, 1:53:48 PM
"
That's exactly what it means which is what I said lol but nice try :D

No, "loss leader" means it's sold at a LOSS. Sale items, including physical ones, are not always loss leaders. If a sale item simply trims its profit, then it's merely an enticement. This is especially strong in a case where, in many of the sale cases, (see: tab bundle sales) customers largely only buy THAT item, and nothing else.

Likewise, the outright STRUCTURE of it does not allow for any "leading;" players can simply click the "daily deal" button to see what's the deal for the day, and they will see NOTHING ELSE.

"
vio wrote:
my guess is players who are interested in looking good in the first place usually equip one or two chars, they're done when they got the mtx they want.

if you provide several mtx on sales per day you lower the income from these players because they will get all these items from sales faster than you can motivate them to increase their points balance.

By your same logic, GGG should get rid of sales entirely, because every dollar not gotten because an item wasn't full price is a dollar less they're getting.

You're missing the point of a sale, though, which is boosting overall sales numbers, at the expense of profit-per-item.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info