unable to download patch 1.3.1

I've been in your common technical problems and the closest thing I saw to my issue was "I’m unable to patch the game" part but after following the instruction it proved to be fruitless.

I got the downloader open since 11:22am this morning and now its 6:51pm and all I see is the downloader is at 0.001% with 784.24KB of 5.79GB.

I turned of my firewall I got a wired connection to my modem everything your "common technical problems" post suggest and nothing.

There MUST BE an issue on your end cause despite me noticing that you people at GGG seem to like to blame other peoples ISP I've done literally everything you suggested.

BTW is it possible to just download the file and manually instal it again I noticed another post where that question was asked but the support answer did not even address the question so I'd like to know.
Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We are currently noticing certain locations being denied a stable connection when attempting to download the latest beta update.

In this instance, it may prove valuable to make use of a temporary VPN setup to enable the download of the Beta Client. Please know that the use of a VPN does not have to be permanent, but can be used to attempt to resolve the issue of the initial download.

For more information on how to set up a VPN, please visit this link. Please contact us back with your resulted findings. I hope this helps!
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
Well thanks for the bit of info you gave I looked into a VPN connection like you mention but I'm far from being a computer programer or whatnot and I find this all very overwhelming for just a game.

Honestly speaking I'll give it a few days and if this "bug" is not fixed then I'll see what I'll do then.

BTW you did not answer my question about downloading the patch by itself to be installed manually.
Hi again,

My apologies! Unfortunately we are unable to provide a separate download of the game files to allow a manual install. This is something we are hoping to provide support for in the future.

The best way to save time with the download as close to a manual install as possible currently is to transfer an already downloaded copy of the games content.ggpk file and replace it in the install directory. It is possible to download the file on a separate system / location (using the same download located here) if you are experiencing these issue while running as administrator, and with all firewalls/antivirus software disabled.

Alternatively you may be able to resolve this issue temporarily by downloading the Game Client Via Steam, should you have (or wish to make) a Steam account.

I hope this information helps!
Just giving you a bit of feed back Tom_GGG.

Turned out I decided to go trough with the VPN I don't like to just instal something without researching it so I did just that today and it was pretty easy after all.

Anyways to make a long story short the VPN connection fix the issue and I got the latest patch and the game works but I have encountered another problem.

It seems the game kept disconnecting randomly and to be honest I used to play with my steam account and it was the same issue.

Now following the instruction on the forum I tried to change the area from America to Europe 1st and the disconnection issue is now solved.

Please take note I tried it with my steam account on my laptop ( which had the same issue ) and it also fixed the random disconnection issue.

So now I'm wondering if its indeed an ISP issue or a server issue on your end so I'd like to let you know that my ISP is Videotron in case you find this helpful.

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with this information, as it helps greatly in the goal of ensuring your gameplay experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

I am happy to hear that this has resolved your issue with downloading the patch. To address the ISP related query, we will be unable to directly outline the cause of the issue without a little more information, though I do suspect that your connection to the America Gateway is at fault.

Can you please run a WinMTR (Guide Linked here) to your preferred gateway? Please make sure this runs for 400 packets sent while you are connecting to Path of Exile, and then post the results in a spoiler bar here. This will allow us to investigate further on your behalf. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info