New Unique Items - Kingsguard and Call of the Brotherhood!

What is so OP about that ring?
Applying freeze and shock status ailments at the same time is something that can be easily archive with crit builds. Maybe conversion could have some interesting use for certain skills but I don't see anything OP. Maybe some powerful burning build? I don't know. I am probably missing something.
"
azamantes wrote:
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
everyone is talking about the ring but fail to see how good is that chest...

i can stack endurance charges (7 or 8)...go blood magic keystone...and get back 700-800 life everytime i cast discharge ?? running around casting discharge with no cast at all.......

wtf ? am i reading this correctly ??

You still need to generate those charges. With Enduring Cry you only get charges every 4 seconds - and not necessarily 7 or 8, but rather 3-4, depending on mob density.
With Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion you'd have a cooldown-independent way of generating endurance charges. But that certainly ain't a way everyone could afford go...

well you can also run blood rage and get frenzy charges...

I know Blood Rage, but I fail to see where Frenzy charges would interact with that chest armor in any way.
Crit happens.
"
skieZ wrote:

Getting back 8K life per second is really not much yeah /s.
People underestimate the chest by alot.
But thats good. I have a build in mind for that chest.
you should say 'the build' in mind, not 'a' build. you will require a volls devotion to get meaningful amount of life back on the chest. there is zero other builds that would utilize the chest beyond a 'nice to have', in a build-defining feature.

any other way of generating endurance charges simply is either on cooldown (EC), unreliable (warlords mark) or requires gg+ weapon and gear to stack both damage for stun and attack speed for fast charge generation (ECOMS)
Last edited by grepman on Jun 26, 2015, 5:25:21 PM
Not sure why everyone is freaking out about the brotherhood ring. I'm actually shocked to see people already calling it OP and in need of a nerf.....in terms of a dmg conversion ring pyre is far superior. It has more res and more dmg (although it is in the form of burning dmg).

The only uses I see for brotherhood is:
1. the new tempest shield can now use Ice Bite/Hypothermia to generate frenzy charges
2. HoT can also do this
3. Full convert light to cold dmg (honestly I would just use three dragons if i wanted light to freeze)
4. Full convert light to fire dmg

With the changes in CB to the dmg adder of heralds and the change to status duration you will find it hard to shock/freeze with half your dps in either element on the mobs that matter (bosses/tough rares).

Furthermore all you people thinking you need 2x rings with AoF to make 100% fire need to remember how conversion work.

AoF + Brotherhood ring + pyre or cold to fire = 100% convert to fire

50% light > fire
50% light > cold > fire

or with 2x brotherhood rings (and cold to fire gem since pyre cant be equiped now)

33.3% light > fire
66.6% light > cold > fire

and it has already been mentioned that cold dmg increases are only 66.66% effective with 2 rings.....so no you arent getting 600+% from tree alone.....nice try

Now my final comments regarding this ring:
Fire Wander - AoF + brotherhood ring + pyre/Cold to fire + ele hit = fire dmg on every hit

no more random ele dmg from Mr. Ele hit!

otherwise troll build = 100% light to fire with three dragons, cause lightning spells that shock are OP
Last edited by Hellsfire on Jun 26, 2015, 6:10:26 PM
"
Raghin wrote:
[Brotherhood + Pyre + Three Dragons]
Ball lightning that freezes and shocks with fire and lightning

Or you can drop a shitty ring and the Three Dragons and also Shock and Freeze with Ball Lightning. Sounds a lot easier to me :/
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 26, 2015, 6:52:35 PM
I hope the ring isn't stupid hard to find. Would really like to try some Brotherhood + Cold to Fire + Avatar of Fire burning builds. Add 50% conversion of Physical to any element and all non-Chaos damage gets full conversion to Fire.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 26, 2015, 9:57:18 PM
nice armor
GGG hype legggggo
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
just crazy ring, but GGG nerf it (
"
ultraZel wrote:
just crazy ring, but GGG nerf it (

i don't see what is so "insane" and "crazy" about the ring. maybe you can enlighten the few of us who haven't grasped this yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info