[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

Budget new league leveling build that easily transitions into the crit version once you've farmed up some currency for crit and accuracy gear? Sounds awesome. The leveling guide too! I hope that you finish before Awakening releases :D Thanks for responding!
Changed the tree and added a levelling guide to the OP:

101 points with RT, without taking a single crit node. Crit can be factored in at any time once your are geared for it.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Whats your thoughts on going sword and board or dual wield ice crash? You reckon you'd loose to much dmg and it being to expensive?
Ah, so it's the normal passive tree, just without any crit nodes. Well, that makes it easy and convenient XD Thanks for making all the screenshots! Let's say you want to get into crit sooner than later, which part of the non-crit tree do you consider least important, the part you could skip or even use regrets on to get the crit rolling earlier?

So, from my limited understanding, you'll definitely need the int nodes or a lot of int on gear, and you absolutely need mana leech on gear?

Oh, and is there any skill you recommend using before getting Ice Crash? Cleave? :D

And are you planning on ultimately using the new Maraketh 2h sword with the implicit crit multi? Inspiration for the build? :D

More random questions, since I'm an ignoramus: are there any map mods you should really avoid, and how does this do against Atziri? Faceroll with good gear? Ah, and what's your opinion about increased aoe instead of conc effect for non-boss content? Worth the switching around?

This stuff is obvious and plain as day to you, I'm sure, but it'd help new players out :D
Last edited by Clerith on Jul 7, 2015, 6:47:58 AM
Thx for the nice build. I made some small changes for personal preference: I removed frenzy charge nodes and took Wrecking Ball (and those 3 other dmg nodes ofc) instead. This gives extra 42% phys dmg and 16% IAS vs. 15% IAS from 3 frenzy charges. I also took Revelry as I'd like to have some extra mana. Here's the tree

Edit: I also consider dropping Blood drinker and taking Executioner instead
Last edited by g4zu on Jul 9, 2015, 4:22:34 PM
Don't forget that each frenzy charge gives 4% more damage.
Quick screen.

I'll update the build tonight and do the massive rewrite

Just saying that I ended up starting with this. I tried out a few builds, and this one was by far the strongest at low levels. Probably a consequence of the new melee support gem availability and the strong Duelist start, but still. I'm only finishing up normal, but this has been super strong, probably the highest dps I've had in any new league. Just used Cleave with MPD and Added Fire and Glacial Hammer with Splash and MPD, depending what the best 2h I had at the time was.

A cool thing about this lvling path is that you don't pick up any sword nodes till your 60s, so you're free to use any 2h, and you can postpone them even further.

So I guess I'l dedicated to this now, and just wanted to express my delight that you're still dedicated to making this build and the guide excellent :D
Hey fiqst (posted this in the vulcan but realised you had this thread too)

as day one has gone in 2.0 launch, ive been wondering about my vulcan... i have all gear needed for it from 1.3 but I dont know what have been changed for 2.0 in the build...

i heard you are going ice crash with hypothermia and such... but i was wondering if there is any way i can still include a multistrike reliant gem (dual/lightning/static strike/cleave etc.)
I really enjoyed playing dual strike with 1.3 setup and id like to continue with something linked with multistrike (i like fast attacking animations hehe).

Another quick question... can i still run _____ strike with multistrike and still maintain 200k or higher dps?

ice crash + multistrike?

Thanks man... Rest in Peace Vulcan
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Hey how does this build work in real time? Run up to mobs and attack with frenzy, then attack with flicker, then attack with ice crash? If thats how it works is there a way to do crit ice crash w/o flicker strike and frenzy? I like to put all my eggs in one basket two at most if possible. Sorry for being lazy xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info