Unique Rebalance for The Awakening

IMHO, there are two ways to play a game:

1. for the economy, the wealth, the online pen**. You somehow grind and flip and what not.

2. you actually have fun and play the game, YOUR game, and give a sh** about flippers.

So, why must people always say that flippers ruin their game? Is a some single minded though that the only way to have fun is blocked by people selling stuff for profit? You may think about adjusting your view of what a game is and what you want from it.

I do not flip, I play the game. And good items DO drop. (I don't know how many hours I played since I don't use STEAM).
I had: 2 Soul Taker (back when they were 19 ex...still dropped a lot already), 2 Bino's, 3 Shavs and a Mjolner as notable drops. Not a single Eternal orb or even mirror, but a few exas, maybe 8-10, partially consumed by ill-fated experiments or unlucky fusing tries.

When I started, people were already flipping. I entered the game I think around the time when Kaom's became legacy. People were running them all over with their +1000 HP.
And I was a bit jealous, yes, but that's not my game. What I wanted and yet do not have is a Voltaxic Rift cause it is just cool. What does it have to do with you?

The new players don't leave cause they don#t enjoy the game, THEY LEAVE BECAUSE OF PLAYERS LIKE YOU WHO GIVE THEM THE FEELING THEY WOULD NEED OBSCENE LEGACY GEAR.

And saying "I play x hours and found nothing" is not proving anything, like when you have 10 chars, but none above lvl 75. Make a MF char, get some gear, sell it. Harder on standard admittedly then in temp leagues, but that's how it is.

P.S.: What do you think happens when the poor people stop supporting flippers and play the game? Noone knows!
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Patch 2.1 Hyrris Irre dodge/spell dodge chance decreased to 5-8%. :-)
"
iRace82 wrote:
Patch 2.1 Hyrris Irre dodge/spell dodge chance decreased to 5-8%. :-)

In that case you better buy a few dozen before 2.1 goes live. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"

Yeah!:) Unless they just nerf acro. That would be fun! P.s. I dont care about that economy cuz I never play perma leagues..why playing perma leagues when you can play in a real junkyard.. :)
Last edited by iRace82 on Jun 23, 2015, 2:09:34 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
"
Chouwa wrote:

First of all, Mjolner was nerfed in beta from the start almost, we all knew it, at the time it was 30-40 EX. WHICH IS VERY EASY TO OBTAIN IN STANDARD AND MOST PLAYERS THAT REALLY DO PLAY THE GAME, and not cry on forums HAVE...

When I read this, I wonder if I'm playing the same PoE as other people. Seriously ? 30-40 is very easy to get ? In standard or any other league ? I've been playing for more than 500 hours. A time sufficient to utterly finish several times 99% of the games.

In that time, I've seen 4 exalts drop and close to around 20 exalts worth of orbs and items at best (that is if I were going to sell every piece I ever got and found a buyer to make the deal). I can't even come close to buying a non legacy Mjölner or wind ripper or close to 6-link an item by paying the fusings to Voricci (and the random solution might net me 1499 fusings or make me lose 1500 if I were to try it). And I've been using the recipes and stuff. I've even been chancing the "right" items
but with no luck till now.

So, unless I'm not playing the same game as you, I certainly would not say 30-40 exalts is very easy to get. Not even easy or quite easy. It's bloody hard and long. Maybe once you have a good amount of them you can start speculating and get easily 30 more. Or maybe the newbies like me who will be lucky enough to drop a good Mjölner before 2.0 will suddenly become rich. But otherwise...

PoE is a great game, I'm having a lot of fun with it but I seriously think the drop rate of good stuff is a bit too low. It's nice to have trouble finding top tier items. It's frustrating not to have one drop in 500 hours. Which is probably why some players are trolling about big legacy items : it's not a question of denying other players the right to have them. It's more a question of "if rich players get even richer -which they will-, the prices will go even higher for other popular items and thus stay unaffordable for other players". Thus legacy items do affect all the players. Because they affect the trading market for all good items.

If GGG could remember from time to time that not all players can play 12 hours a day, 7 days a week all year long, it could be nice. After all, casual players give money too, don't they ?

At least, they are increasing the drops of maps up to 76 or 77. Which is good as scarcity of maps is even more annoying to players like me who want to be able to try mid level maps but don't dare it because they are so hard to find.

I play very casually and have been for years. You just gotta be smart with your buys, do chaos/regal recipes and save up hard. I bought one, 32 ex, it was no big deal at all.

I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Thank you, poophammer and iRace82.

Especially iRace for knowing what's fun for you personally and just doing it instead of focusing on the things you don't like and start crying.

My belief in perfectly sane people is partially restored :)
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
"
iRace82 wrote:
"

Yeah!:) Unless they just nerf acro. That would be fun! P.s. I dont care about that economy cuz I never play perma leagues..why playing perma leagues when you can play in a real junkyard.. :)

Well there are people with wives and jobs and families like me playing this game and perma leagues are a nice place to invest some time without a timer of expiration.
You see standard as a junkyard,it surely goes that way because of GGG's decisions. You know,the ones people "cry and whine" about?
If anyone is not interested in std,doesn't play in std,doesn't see std economy going to hell everyday,should not comment for the things people who play in std describe as wrong decisions.
Standard could be a really nice league,with some inflation for sure,but better than what GGG wants it to be now.
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
IMHO, there are two ways to play a game:

1. for the economy, the wealth, the online pen**. You somehow grind and flip and what not.

2. you actually have fun and play the game, YOUR game, and give a sh** about flippers.

So, why must people always say that flippers ruin their game? Is a some single minded though that the only way to have fun is blocked by people selling stuff for profit? You may think about adjusting your view of what a game is and what you want from it.

I do not flip, I play the game. And good items DO drop. (I don't know how many hours I played since I don't use STEAM).
I had: 2 Soul Taker (back when they were 19 ex...still dropped a lot already), 2 Bino's, 3 Shavs and a Mjolner as notable drops. Not a single Eternal orb or even mirror, but a few exas, maybe 8-10, partially consumed by ill-fated experiments or unlucky fusing tries.

When I started, people were already flipping. I entered the game I think around the time when Kaom's became legacy. People were running them all over with their +1000 HP.
And I was a bit jealous, yes, but that's not my game. What I wanted and yet do not have is a Voltaxic Rift cause it is just cool. What does it have to do with you?

The new players don't leave cause they don#t enjoy the game, THEY LEAVE BECAUSE OF PLAYERS LIKE YOU WHO GIVE THEM THE FEELING THEY WOULD NEED OBSCENE LEGACY GEAR.

And saying "I play x hours and found nothing" is not proving anything, like when you have 10 chars, but none above lvl 75. Make a MF char, get some gear, sell it. Harder on standard admittedly then in temp leagues, but that's how it is.

P.S.: What do you think happens when the poor people stop supporting flippers and play the game? Noone knows!

As I said, I'm having a lot of fun and not caring about flippers. BUT I was answering to someone who said 30-40 exalted is very easy to get and I got carried about the general drop rate.

Having played for a while a level 83 250 IIR 50 IIQ character, I can't say I see the difference very much.

And it's not that I don't want to level higher my characters, it's more that higher maps are quite hard without good gear (and obviously much more doable with high end gear).

Edit : Plus I actually don't see how this would be irrelevant anyway : 500 hours is more than many people put in any game. Not seeing any part of the high end game after so much time spent is annoying.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Jun 23, 2015, 2:52:28 PM
@PsOfOs I, too, have a job etc. I am casual player by all standards.. and I still prefer 3-month leagues. New beginning always feels great, cheaper items and it feels like a new game.. with new game mods, rules etc. I played perma HC a year ago.. but then it went down the drain fast. So unless you really want to play 1 year and slowly get legacy uniques 10x overpriced.. I dont see a reason to play one cuz you can try and play almost any build in 3-month leagues.

p.s. At the end of leagues I usualy give away all of my most valuable gear for those who want to play perma leagues and let them have fun :)
Last edited by iRace82 on Jun 23, 2015, 2:45:47 PM
"
iRace82 wrote:

p.s. At the end of leagues I usualy give away all of my most valuable gear for those who want to play perma leagues and let them have fun :)

Please be my best friend forever ! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info