Unique Rebalance for The Awakening

I like all of this. Nice work
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I really don't get why people cry so much about these changes.. even to the extent that they're saying it will make them quit the game or that it stops new players from trying it.

If you have the items that will be changed, it will not affect your game.
If you don't have the items that will be changed, it will also not affect your game.

What's the problem here?
The dumb is strong in this one
Last edited by gesichtspalme on Jun 23, 2015, 11:35:44 AM

"
Carmondai89 wrote:
"
Sir_Behemoth wrote:
...But if some item is not balanced anymore why still keep it in the game? Makes no sense.

Yeah, respect players time and/or currency spent on that items. But in the other hand "disrespect" those people who buy mirrored gear or have 6x tier 1 items because of new higher tiers coming.

I don't understand what you mean by the first sentence. However I think it is the duty of GGG to povide the needed balancing rather than kick items from the game.

You think of all those mirrored items owners who now don't have the best of the best anymore, whose items are only 95% godly?
Sure I would not appreciate the new top tiers if I had any mirrored gear, BUT:
You cannot possibly expect a game not to evolve. And in terms of level coverage, the top map being 78 (uncorrupted), and the level cap being 100, I see how it might evolve.
Also, those people are super rich mostly, so they can take it. Their items enabled them (and they still enable them, even after The Awakening launch) to run the top endgame content with relative ease. And they have a gain from that, even more highend gear and currency from selling good endgame drops.

As the whole game adjusts to new content, your items do so too. Owning such items still puts you far on the side of overly privileged players, it's not like the mirrored items owners are rendered penniless.

I mean: why GGG balance only new drop of items, not the all existing ones?
Last edited by Sir_Behemoth on Jun 23, 2015, 12:00:30 PM
Was hoping for a balance that doesn't increase the wealth gap quess I'll keep dreaming, why this game hates new players I'll never know
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
Last edited by PhilipShoffman on Jun 23, 2015, 12:10:47 PM

WINDRIPPER , MJOLNER LEGACY ??? :( WAY TO HELP THE 1% GGG
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
Men always want what they can't have, or what someone else has...

But this bitching and crying is just pathetic. No respect for players who invested their time and earned themselves something. Only crying about the magic 1%, which is utter crap.
As if you could only run builds full of legacy gear.
Maybe you people should play the game and get to know it before complaining that veteran players indeed have nicer toys?! THEY DO FOR A FKN REASON!!!!!!!!!
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Welp looks like I'm rich now.
I live for my e-peen
"
Carmondai89 wrote:

But this bitching and crying is just pathetic. No respect for players who invested their time and earned themselves something. Only crying about the magic 1%, which is utter crap.
Maybe you people should play the game and get to know it before complaining that veteran players indeed have nicer toys?! THEY DO FOR A FKN REASON!!!!!!!!!

Lol ya they started playing before me, its not the toys its the liquid currency. Older players make insane cash each update because of nerfs meanwhile new players are just stuck with non legacys no one wants. IE bor non legacy's are worth nothing and super hard to sell but a legacy one is a super easy sell. None of the builds I use require legacy. Nerfs in this game only seem to hinder newer players, and empower older players.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
"
Carmondai89 wrote:

Yes they do for a fkn reason. Because they flip 10 times the items a medium wealth player like me could and ggg always introduces new legacy items making flipers richer and everyone else poorer by decreasing value of gear one has gathered in years of non fliping gaming.
I have around 800 ex of currency and gear so don't say that whining crying thing.
All these legacies tend to make rich richer and poor poorer in time. You may not care,it may not affect you right now but it is really bad for the game and new players if it continues as it does.
How do you think rich got rich? By playing lots of hours and dropping items and currency?
Fliping is the way and legacies are a flipper's dream.
"
Chouwa wrote:

First of all, Mjolner was nerfed in beta from the start almost, we all knew it, at the time it was 30-40 EX. WHICH IS VERY EASY TO OBTAIN IN STANDARD AND MOST PLAYERS THAT REALLY DO PLAY THE GAME, and not cry on forums HAVE...

When I read this, I wonder if I'm playing the same PoE as other people. Seriously ? 30-40 is very easy to get ? In standard or any other league ? I've been playing for more than 500 hours. A time sufficient to utterly finish several times 99% of the games.

In that time, I've seen 4 exalts drop and close to around 20 exalts worth of orbs and items at best (that is if I were going to sell every piece I ever got and found a buyer to make the deal). I can't even come close to buying a non legacy Mjölner or wind ripper or close to 6-link an item by paying the fusings to Voricci (and the random solution might net me 1499 fusings or make me lose 1500 if I were to try it). And I've been using the recipes and stuff. I've even been chancing the "right" items
but with no luck till now.

So, unless I'm not playing the same game as you, I certainly would not say 30-40 exalts is very easy to get. Not even easy or quite easy. It's bloody hard and long. Maybe once you have a good amount of them you can start speculating and get easily 30 more. Or maybe the newbies like me who will be lucky enough to drop a good Mjölner before 2.0 will suddenly become rich. But otherwise...

PoE is a great game, I'm having a lot of fun with it but I seriously think the drop rate of good stuff is a bit too low. It's nice to have trouble finding top tier items. It's frustrating not to have one drop in 500 hours. Which is probably why some players are trolling about big legacy items : it's not a question of denying other players the right to have them. It's more a question of "if rich players get even richer -which they will-, the prices will go even higher for other popular items and thus stay unaffordable for other players". Thus legacy items do affect all the players. Because they affect the trading market for all good items.

If GGG could remember from time to time that not all players can play 12 hours a day, 7 days a week all year long, it could be nice. After all, casual players give money too, don't they ?

At least, they are increasing the drops of maps up to 76 or 77. Which is good as scarcity of maps is even more annoying to players like me who want to be able to try mid level maps but don't dare it because they are so hard to find.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info