[2.0 Theory build] BM Crit Flame Totems

Theory

Based off Zaun's level 100 1mhc build, retweeked for 2.0

With the new Flame Totem, it has built in LMP so you gain an extra gem slot - ontop of using BM keystone, you get an additional gem slot.

The only big downside I have with the build atm is that it has no way to get Frenzy Charges.

Throw down Flame Totems, cast Assassin's Mark, and watch everything get insta-shocked and gib'd (close to 50% crit chance with all the gear/passives and 7 power charges)

Cast Enduring Cry on downtime - use Lightning Warp to travel or escape sticky situations.

Tree/Stats/Bandits

For leveling, do ground slam, leap slam, or flame blast. Make sure you are leveling a flame totem, faster casting, fire pen, and faster projectiles since those are going to be your first 4 links when you pick up dual totem.

Level 95 (for lower levels just drop some crit chance or endurance charge passives.)

With Lightning Coil

With Belly of the Beast / rare chest

42% crit chance with Assassin's Mark and all 7 power charges up. (46% with Infernal Mantle, but less defenses.)

225% crit multi (more if you can craft it on your dagger/jewelry)

235% damage (totem, spell, and fire)

188% increased max life (218-228% with belly of the beast)

78% increased armour

5 Endurance charges (with non coil version)

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Skill Point
Merc: Help Alira

Links

[Chest] Flame Totem + Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration / Added Chaos Damage (If you are running Infernal Mantle, use Added Chaos Damage) + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Critical Damage

[Main hand] Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting

[Off hand] Ice Spear + GMP + Power Charge on Crit

[Boots] Enduring Cry / Rally Cry + Assassin's Mark + Faster Casting + Increased Area of Effect

[Gloves] Cast When Damage Taken + Arctic Breath + GMP + Temporal Chains

[Helm] Cast When Damage Taken(level 20) + Immortal Call + Enfeeble + Increased Duration

or

[Helm] Ice Golem / Fire Golem + Vaal Haste + Vaal Haste + Minion Life

Gear

Belly of the Beast is the best option after level 80 since you gain the most amount of life from it compared to a rare chest that rolls 100 life, unless your goal is to stack armor, then I would go with a rare Astral with 2k armor.

If you choose to run Lightning Coil, do not use Endurance charges (Enduring Cry) since the reduction from one or the other do not scale as well when combined.

Lightning Coil / Internal Mantle (More YOLO/scrubcore choice) / Belly of the Beast / Astral Plate that has Life, Resists and with around 2k armour.

The Three Dragons

Void Battery x 2 - This is BiS, but they are expensive, so I just figured that most people could only afford a nice caster rolled dagger + shield for more defenses. You can do 2x daggers as well.

Kris (80 global crit implicit): Crit chance (spell or global)>Crit Multi>Cast Speed>Fire/Spell damage

Lioneye's Remorse / Colossal Tower Shield : Life>Resists>% Armour>Armour>Block Chance

Maligaro's Virtuosity

Titan Boots: Life>Resists>% Armour>Armour>Movement Speed

Make sure all your jewelry has Life and resists. Cast speed, Crit multi/chance and spell/fire damage is a bonus, but not required.

Rain of Splinters - Needs further testing, but testimony has been that it actually lowers clearspeed.

Any suggestions/tips would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Jul 6, 2015, 8:20:08 PM
Good job bro it looks amazing I might try it when the Beta ends,I was working all day on BM FT but my build is without crit,I found it much easier because I can focus more on spell dmg and life on the tree, and gearing will be much cheaper. I would really like it if you keep us updated with your progression.
Keep up the good work !!!
Last edited by 666callme on Jun 20, 2015, 7:12:33 PM
Thanks. Still looking for some feedback from anyone that's tried crit FT with three dragons before I respect to it once the expac comes out.
Using BM in Hybrid Builds is generally not a good ideal since it stops your ES regen, which is your only line of defense besides totems.
"
kevodanh wrote:
Using BM in Hybrid Builds is generally not a good ideal since it stops your ES regen, which is your only line of defense besides totems.

Main reason why I was planning to run 2 Vaal Disciplines, and with the new 3 second refresh (lower with passives) I figured it wouldn't be a problem. You think straight life would be best?
^
Last edited by Edzilla on Jun 28, 2015, 6:21:11 PM
Bump, made some more changes. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Maybe this ? More life, crit, crit multi & cast speed.
I'm leveling up your build now OP. I'll report back. The first 30 or so levels were pretty rough since there weren't any dps nodes to pick up but after that it's going good. I should start picking up crit nodes starting around level 60 or so
"
treshsocket wrote:
Maybe this ? More life, crit, crit multi & cast speed.

I never noticed that Totem crit node cluster, is that new? it's pretty sweet. But your build has no power charges. You need endurance charges for survivability and power charges give you 350% increased crit chance. Also kind of need that totem duration from the middle between marauder and templar, kind of why I chose to take the life clusters in the middle.
Last edited by Edzilla on Jun 29, 2015, 6:02:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info